Team-BHP - Heat, Humidity, a Tortoise & a Stove – March 20-21, 2010 – A Trekkalog
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Heat, Humidity, a Tortoise & a Stove – March 20-21, 2010 – A Trekkalog (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/79517-heat-humidity-tortoise-stove-march-20-21-2010-trekkalog-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 1850750)
Of course, it will start itching after a couple of days whether you have 'leechophobia' or not.

I've heard that it itches only if you try to pluck the leeches out and not if you apply salt/lime so that it falls down on its own. I never had the patience to let them fall down and ended up having to scratch the legs sitting in office

Jacs - why people say leeches sucks bad blood is because when it attaches to our body, it is able to reach only the veins which is on the outer part of our body. And veins contain the blood going back to the heart (or is it lungs?) and hence is unpurified

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 1852824)
I've heard that it itches only if you try to pluck the leeches out and not if you apply salt/lime so that it falls down on its own. I never had the patience to let them fall down and ended up having to scratch the legs sitting in office

True. Plucking the leech can leave behind a bleeding wound also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 1852824)
Jacs - why people say leeches sucks bad blood is because when it attaches to our body, it is able to reach only the veins which is on the outer part of our body. And veins contain the blood going back to the heart (or is it lungs?) and hence is unpurified

Thanks for this info. I should admit i'm zero in biology agree:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 1849447)
Addy,

as i said before great trek, morning photographs have come nice
which camera you used during the trek ?

the thing with the money is very common when friends go on the trip/trek.

Everyone thinks someone would pay, someone would think anyone would pay, anyone would think every one should have paid, eventually no one pays

it is good of your guide to travel with you to Dharmastala to collect his money. it was only possible because he was a guy fromt he village. if he would have been a city guy it would have been difficult for you.

any way great experience, thanks for sharing

I was the guy who did not take enough money with me :D.
Like always, had to rush out of office and had no time to go to any ATM.

But I must say, Amedikallu and Bandaje Arbi (which happened 2 weeks prior to AmedikallU) are 2 of my best treks so far.

Both had some amazing views, greenery, and challenges (which makes it harder to forget ) like very limited water, threat of wild animals, and even wilder insects (still suffering from tick bites i had 3 months back when I went to Bandipur for the Tiger census), extreme summer heat and humidity.

There were some memorable moments during this trek. I cant forget the time when we were on top of Amedikallu peak and the clouds enveloped us from all sides. It was like a carpet of clouds rolled out just below you and the Sun is setting at the end of it.

I was taken aback when I saw the Tiger scat at such a great height. Tigers dont prefer rocky terrains.

Hey, look who's back. Good to see you owning up:D

So, when's the next program? Looks like a monsoon challenge is pending, what say?

hey Adi
Yes , sounds good. why dont we try the 20 km trek which we saw at amedikallu?

anyway, this is OT. Lets discuss...