Team-BHP - Delhi-Shimla-Delhi. In my Nano called Vikram. ALL IS WELL.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Delhi-Shimla-Delhi. In my Nano called Vikram. ALL IS WELL. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/79530-delhi-shimla-delhi-my-nano-called-vikram-all-well.html)

We got our vikram in January this year and life is not at all same since then. Although driving it for almost three months and around 2500kms of trouble free experience, i Always felt that the Vikram is missing something, something it would have sooner than later.
That something was Fresh Air of Hills that it would be destined to have being my car but the question was when?So, in early March, we planned to go to Dharamshala but it is nearly 550 kms From Delhi and I was the only one who would drive. On top of it,we had only 3 days in our hands.

And then Two nanos got burnt one after the another and whole world seemed to be going against it.Every one doubted its ability and this was the time VIKRAM would prove it to the world that it has got what it takes to reach the top, literally to the top.

Eventually, we decided on something which is quite near and still as good as Dharmashala and something where my wife had not been earlier. IT was the Queen of the Hills SHIMLA. It indeed is the queen of the hills and I will tell you why .

For all of those who are just intersted to know the stats of the car and distance travelled, here they are:

DELHI-SHIMLA-KUFRI-CHAIL-SHIMLA-DELHI.

Trip Duration : 10 APR - 12 APR
Total Distance : 840 kms
Total Fuel: 37.99 ltrs
Total FE : 22.42KMPLclap:
FUEL EXP : Rs 1845/-

Highest FE : 27.5 kmpl ( Delhi to Ambala) without AC

Details of the car and The Queen of the hills to follow later...

OMG. This is one travelogue I want to see and read. And they named it Vikram? How come, are you by any chance from Dehradun? lol.

Vikram huh? I thought the Nano had a feminine streak. How did she handle the hills?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1837077)
Quote:

OMG. This is one travelogue I want to see and read. And they named it Vikram? How come, are you by any chance from Dehradun? lol.

NO sir, I am very much from Delhi. As far as the name Vikram goes and the reason behind it, find out for yourself from my following thread-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-vikram.html

I did sir and thats why the doon query. Vikram is the second most popular thing there after the "walla". Lol. Post her hill handling characteristics.

Vikram is very common even in Delhi. Probably one of the scariest thing on wheels in town, and this name makes it somehow scarier than minidor, even though they are similar things

C'mon Tsk its not that scary a name, haha. I wonder how many of us are called Vikram.

Great. Should appreciate your guts to take that car to those places.

And the fuel cost!!! Really a amm aadmi car :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkg (Post 1837061)

DELHI-SHIMLA-KUFRI-CHAIL-SHIMLA-DELHI.

Trip Duration : 10 APR - 12 APR
Total Distance : 840 kms
Total Fuel: 37.99 ltrs
Total FE : 22.42KMPLclap:
FUEL EXP : Rs 1845/-

Highest FE : 27.5 kmpl ( Delhi to Ambala) without AC

Details of the car and The Queen of the hills to follow later...

Wow!!! you are getting better FE in your Nano than my Karizma :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1837164)
Vikram is very common even in Delhi. Probably one of the scariest thing on wheels in town, and this name makes it somehow scarier than minidor, even though they are similar things

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1837173)
C'mon Tsk its not that scary a name, haha. I wonder how many of us are called Vikram.

If you think Vikrams are not scary in Delhi, try them in Agra! They take speed and load-efficiency definitions to the next level.

WOW..i knew you went to Shimla but you never told me that you went in your NANO..Looking forward for pictures of the trip

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1837164)

+1 to this and he named it Vikram for the engine sound I suppose I have read it somewhere posted by him.

we need lots of pics upload them fast..

Waiting for the travelogue to start . . .

Day 1: Getting there…

One thing I would like to mention here is that this trip to Shimla meant a lot to me simply because of the speculation that surrounded around the Nano (most of them negative). Everyone tried to convince me to take Spark instead of the Nano. But I choose the Nano because I wanted it to convince me.

We left my place at around 5 in the morning and as soon as we reached the main road we were stopped at the police check point. This was just 300mtrs from my house; the policemen saw a young couple in a Nano and waved us through. Little did I know that this would be only place on the trip where police would bother to stop us? So, in exact 4 minutes from then we took a left from Mukrba Chowk and we were on NH 1 towards Karnal and the holiday officially begun. My wife was so excited that she said we are going on our second honeymoon…WOW.:)

Soon the Vikram was cruising at 80kmph and it was feeling surprisingly glued to the road. My wife’s boss mentioned to her that Nano wobbles like hell when a bigger vehicle overtakes it. So I killed the MTYH no 1 by letting two buses overtake us at around 90kmph. Nothing happened of course and Vikram was as solid as rock. We climbed the new flyover at Murthal and went past the famous Sukhdev ka Dhaba which was bustling full even at this point of time. Only 500mtrs ahead is the newly opened Haveli and I was shocked to see that there is another Haveli on the other side of the road. I later learnt that the haveli on the left hand side is the actual one (belonging to the chain of Havelis at Jalandhar and Karnal). The day had started to come up and sooner than we realized we were at Panipat flyover .This flyover just flies you over the Panipat city and I wish every city had one which could let one pass over it. On the way we were keeping along the regular highway traffic and every one seemed to enjoy the company of Nano on the highway. Cars that had families and children seemed to keep along more than usual and smiled their way past us .After a while when we were all alone the road, I realized a White Bolero with Red beacon flashing coming behind us at speed in excess of 100 and I thought it would get past in one minute or so, so I kept left. But one min, two min, three min, it was still behind. I checked my mirrors and it was right behind…..

22.42KMPL

Wow. Great fuel efficiency. Nano Rocks.

Please post some pics as well.