Team-BHP - Travelogue by wifey – 4days tour to the green Wayanad and wet Kabini
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Travelogue by wifey – 4days tour to the green Wayanad and wet Kabini (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/79880-travelogue-wifey-4days-tour-green-wayanad-wet-kabini.html)

Locations: Wayanad, Kabini
Date: 1st April to 4th April
Car: SX4
Total Distance: 748 KM

Day 1 ---> 1st April

5:30 AM, 0 KM:
After a long wait, finally it was the time to leave for trip. As we had already packed everything prior, we left the house on planned time. The NICE road from Bannerghatta road was as usual inviting

7: 45 AM, 143 KM
Our first stop was at Chamundipuram in Mysore. After having quick breakfast at GTR (Gayathri Tiffin Room), @ 8:05 AM we headed towards Sulthan Bathery. After reaching Gundlapet (9:00 AM, 198 KM), and crossing approximately 2 KM, we took a right turn.
This led us into the Nagarhole forests. The road is very good and it was a pleasant drive

10: 30 AM, 253 KM:
Reached Sulthan Bathery. From here we headed towards Edakal Caves. There are hardly any sign boards directing to the caves, we had to stop every now and then for the directions. But we didnt complain, as we were able to see some very colorful and beautiful houses on this route.

11: 14 AM, 266 KM:
Reached the Edakal Caves. The vehicles are to be stopped some 1.5 KM before the foot of caves. From this point on either you can opt for a jeep or cover the distance on foot, we choose the former as weather was very hot and not favorable for a walk. After the climbing and exploring, we left exhausted. At 12:17 PM, we bid Edakal caves bye and headed towards our homestay. Edakal caves is open for visit between 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.We drove back to Sulthan Bathery and took the road to Panamaram.

1:14 PM, 298 KM:
"Entevedu" homestay is located 1.5 KM before the Panamaram town. It is located in amidst of coffee, tea and banana plantation.
We had opted for the cottage style room. Our host Mrs. Seetha ensured that we were made comfortable. After having a SUMPTIOUS and delicious lunch, we took a tour of the property. We decided to visit only Banasura dam and rest for remaining time.

3:21 PM, 298 KM:
After getting a detailed direction from Seetha Aunty we left for Banasura dam. The route is: Panamaram-->Nalamille-->Taruvana-->Padingavathara. We reached Banasura dam at 4:00 PM (323 KM).After a jeep ride for 2 KM we found a huge water body. There is a speed boat service available for those interested. Around 4:45 PM, we decided that we can’t bear the heat anymore and its time to leave back.

5:30 PM, 350 KM:
Came back to the comfort zone of our homestay. Seetha aunty had coffee and banana chips ready for us. Discussed the next day activities and we were amazed that we were already hungry by 8:00 PM. The dinner was even better than the lunch. We headed back to our cottage at 9:30 PM. And what waited us was a shock, we found two huge spiders in our room. We panicked and called for help, but were assured that these spiders are common in that part of region and they were harmless. They might have ventured in through the thatched roof.
We choose to believe them and caught upon a good sleep.

End of Day 1..

We too stayed in Entee veedu 2 years back.

Ya, its a good place for home away from home :)

So, how much is it now?

I like this style of narration, crisp, to the point with details. Keep them coming & ofcourse, you've to bear my questions too.

Quote:

From here we headed towards Edakal Caves. There are hardly any sign boards directing to the caves, we had to stop every now and then for the directions.
The route is well marked from Sulthan Battery all the way to Eddakkal. Surprising that you couldn't find the route easily.

Quote:

The route is: Panamaram-->Nalamille-->Taruvana-->Padingavathara.
Thats Nalaammile( as in 4th mile) and Padinjarathara my friend :) .A few pics from Banasura Sagar.

Travelogue by wifey – 4days tour to the green Wayanad and wet Kabini-4034331134_7b9e24ceed_o-large.jpg

Travelogue by wifey – 4days tour to the green Wayanad and wet Kabini-4034331140_66e809d7bb_o-large.jpg

Travelogue by wifey – 4days tour to the green Wayanad and wet Kabini-4038362399_502506f95b_o-large.jpg

Nice Start to the log.
I find the Homestay inviting. It reminds me of the Asterix's Gaul village houses :)

Any rains in that area now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 1845151)
We too stayed in Entee veedu 2 years back.

Ya, its a good place for home away from home :)

So, how much is it now?

mjothi,
Yes the place is very nicely maintained and we saw the snaps how it emerged as this place. Current cost is 2500/couple/night includes breakfast and unlimited coffee/tea.

Nice start, I hope it will get completed soon unlike few other travelogue where lot of postings rather than actual matter.

Good start, please load more pictures and content.

Last year we also stayed in enteveedu homestay.

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramod (Post 1845796)
Nice Start to the log.
I find the Homestay inviting. It reminds me of the Asterix's Gaul village houses :)

Any rains in that area now?

No signs of rain at all, yet it was green in wayanad.

what was served for lunch and dinner? Will be nice to read about the menu. I am already feeling hungry

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash_blore (Post 1845840)
what was served for lunch and dinner? Will be nice to read about the menu. I am already feeling hungry

The food used to be proper south indian cuisine especially few items from the kerala style for lunch and for dinner was with north indian with channa, puri, alu mutter and to soup it up had also the fruit salad . It was just amazing.

Day2:
2nd April:

6:00 AM: After having strong cup of coffee, we decided to have a walk through the banana and arecanut plantation.
It took us about 45 minutes to cover the entire area and be back to the homestay.
Seetha aunty discussed her plans to open a animal farm for children soon.
We were planning the places to visit on that day. Meenmutty falls was a option, but we decided to skip it as it required 45 minutes of trekking,
for which 35 degree of temperature with humidity was a bit too high for us. We decided to visit the Pookot lake and Lakkidi view instead.

9:30 AM, 352 KM: Left towards Pookot lake.

10:30 AM, 382.8 KM: Reached Pookot lake. Went straight for boating. We were overwhelmed to see so much water and hundreds of lotus.
There are both row boats and speed boats available. Boating is open only from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We also visited the aquarium and bought few plant seeds from the nursery.

11:30 AM, 382.8 KM: Left towards Lakkidi view.
11:45 AM, 386.8 KM: Reached the Lakkidi view. The Lakkidi is located 700M above sea level
and offer breath taking view of the road below. As it was good friday, hundreds of people were climbing
the hill to visit the Mount Sinai CMI church.

12:00 PM, 386.8 KM:Bid goodbye to Lakkidi view.
Our next stop was to be Vythiri resort. Seetha aunty (owner of Enteveedu) had suggested us to have lunch
at Vythiri and got us special permission to visit the resort. The last three kilometers to Vythiri is a tough ride,
but our crossover like SX4 took it easily.
Its a kachha mud road filled with stones(as you can see in pics). We were just hoping that Vythiri is worth the pain taken.

12:31 PM, 394.2 KM: Reached Vythiri resort.
Once we reached Vythiri, we were given tour of the property.
It ranges over vast area of land and includes
a spa, ayurvedic center, swimming pool, coffee house, gym, restaurant etc etc.
Lunch was buffet style and included both Kerela and North Indian cuisine.

1: 47 PM: Left Vythiri resort.
As we had lot of time left with us we decided to just drive around the Kelpetta town and get a ayurvedic massage done at Ayurkendra.
Lesson learnt, an oil massage with steam bath is a very bad idea during summer.

5:00 PM, 429.9 KM: Reached back to homestay.
Spent rest of the evening having coffee, ripe banana bajji (forgot the name of this, can somebody throw some light :-):-)) and chatting with other guests.
The dinner again was exceptional. Seetha aunty made our already memorable stay even more splendid by
arranging a candle light dinner for us. We were very touched. Before going to bed we again met out friend, the big spider:-),
but by now we knew it was harmless.

End of day 2.

Nice photos, especially of the fauna. Thanks for sharing.

Sad that miscreants go show their "creativity" in vandalising boats. One feels embarrassed taking such boats with family (especially kids and elders).
Shows how many frustrated souls are there on the roads (and now on boats too).

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1846588)
Spent rest of the evening having coffee, ripe banana bajji (forgot the name of this, can somebody throw some light :-):-))

If it is a sweet dish, then it should be the Pazham Pori. My favourite

Nice travelogue - but April : not the best time to visit Wayanad.Good to know you still enjoyed the trip. The place you stay matters a lot.

Praveen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 1847050)
If it is a sweet dish, then it should be the Pazham Pori. My favourite

Nice travelogue - but April : not the best time to visit Wayanad.Good to know you still enjoyed the trip. The place you stay matters a lot.

Praveen

Yeah now I remember it is Pazham pori. It was jus awesome for sweet lovers like us.

MX,
We would see many such instances around us.