Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 21:03   #61
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here's some pics of Paris from me.

First of all a big thumbs up to Paris. That's one city I loved visiting time and again.
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-big-thumb-2.jpg

The eiffel tower when built first was considered to be an eyesore by most french. They thought it was ugly and wanted to pull it down.
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-eiffel-12.jpg

But REFLECTING upon it, it's now the IKON (can't ignore my car) of France.
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-eiffel-17.jpg

Everything about Paris is Grande. Like this Grande Arch for instance.
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-grand-arch-1.jpg

And a visit to the city does elevate one's SPIRITS. (that's the closest mon ange ever came to a liquour bottle )
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-metro-1.jpg

Talking of which, we are extremely religious and god fearing. So even the Notre Dame is a holy place of worship for pious hindus like us.
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-notre-dame.jpg

But when it comes to veggie food, we always trust our own Lord Ganesha and his Brother Subramania. They find their way to paris as well!
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-restaurant.jpg

The Grandness of paris is well seen from the seat of the gods. If not from eiffel tower, then get it from the Grande Arch!
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-view-grand-arch-4.jpg

And finally every visitor to Paris is left with a feeling of been there, done that. Visiting paris is an accomplishment. It's Triumph. It's evident from my face in front of Arc Du Triumphe!
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-arc-de-triomphe-3.jpg

With these nuggets, I'll keep people on hold with these teaser pics. Let me finish my 3 travelogues that's been dead for long. Then start on my European symphonies, American odysseys, South-east asian panoramas and ofcourse, Indian delights!
Old 29th April 2010, 11:01   #62
BHPian

BEAUUUUUUTIFUL Pics MX6. I am already pre-hooked to your future travelogues.

BTW, both of you (Sanjay & MX6) have striking similarities as in:

1. Both of you are IT professionals.
2. Both of you have "traveling" as one of your interests.
3. Both of you are wonderful shutterbugs.
4. Both of you have distinct and captivating writing styles (I was engrossed throughout the thread).

Did I miss the following two points:

5. Both of you have been to France
6. Both of you are BHPians

Waiting for more,
SM
Old 29th April 2010, 12:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
You are welcome MX6. You said it, THE MUSH is indeed terrific. By the way, he looks great and younger without the mush.

@Sanjay: How about obliging us with one of your non-mush pics?
here is one, without mush.
Attached Thumbnails
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-sanjay_tajmahal.jpg  

Old 29th April 2010, 12:48   #64
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You look like a plumper version of Saurav Ganguly in this pic. I liked the mush pic more.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:51   #65
BHPian

Thanks MX6 for the pictures. They look amazing. Infact most of the skyscrapers are in the La Défense area (and incidentally we have our office there as well). We also share a good relationship with the company whose office you have captured in pic.

Continuing the story.

Next few weeks were intense work. We even worked on a Saturday, triggered the office alarm, had the security company almost there (almost only, because we called them and explained before they come and bash us under the pretext of miscommunication. Learning French is important if you are stating there for more than a week).

A day before our 9th weekend there, one of our French colleagues told about Mount saint Michael and Concale (Fishing Village) and said that it will be a good one day retreat from the work we have been doing since few weeks. He also helped in renting a small bus (20 seater) with driver. The program finalized, deal done and we started our day early. Our first stop was Concale. When we reached there, it was already raining.

Here are some of the pics (and a video).

I shot the video of the Englishman while he was having the oyster. I never knew they can be eaten like that as well. Must watch stuff.

Attached Thumbnails
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-011.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-033.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-037.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-042.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-053.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-062.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-concale-063.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-pict-070.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-pict-079.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-pict-086.jpg  

Old 29th April 2010, 12:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
You look like a plumper version of Saurav Ganguly in this pic. I liked the mush pic more.
Haa Haa, Nobody likes this new look and yes, I have put on some weight.

Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
Gym, Gym, Gym,
I guess i need to be more regular there.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:04   #67
BHPian

After spending some time in the Concale village, we decided to move to our main destination for the day, Mount Saint Michael. Le Mont-Saint-Michel, rocky, cone-shaped islet is in northwestern France, in the Gulf of Saint-Malo, connected by a causeway with the mainland. The islet, celebrated for its Benedictine abbey, has small houses and shops on its lowest level. Above these stand the monastic buildings, many of which date from the 13th century and are considered outstanding examples of Gothic architecture. The entire islet is crowned by the abbey church, about 73 m (about 240 ft) above sea level.

The abbey is preserved as a national historical monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of France's great tourist attractions.

Pictures do no justice to this place.

The place is also very famous for its tides. You can see (and also hear) water coming. (See one of the pics, sorry but you cant here anything in pic)

The tides in the area change quickly, and have been described by Victor Hugo as "à la vitesse d'un cheval au galop" or "as swiftly as a galloping horse".

We sang (be-sur) Kishore Kumar’s songs in one of the corners of the abbey. Some firangs enjoyed, some were amused and thankfully, nobody threw money. Here is the video

Attached Thumbnails
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-014.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-040.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-072.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-078.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-094.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-101.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-102.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-107.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-132.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-135.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-137.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-188.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-198.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-200.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-226.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mountsaintmichael-269.jpg  

Old 29th April 2010, 13:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I liked the mush pic more.
Count me in

Whoa!!! Sanjay, not these pics of food; I mean, no veggie food? 7 course meal, that's the one I'm looking forward
Old 29th April 2010, 16:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Count me in

Whoa!!! Sanjay, not these pics of food; I mean, no veggie food? 7 course meal, that's the one I'm looking forward
Haa Haa. The 7 course meal. Actually it is eyewash in comparison to Indian meals. It is famous only because it is orchestrated well and laid out in sequence and methodically. I don’t have a picture of the 7 course meal (unfortunately, these 7 course meals happen with serious atmosphere most of the time and Cameras are not out at that time) and I tried for the breakfast pic but all in Vain. It seems nobody bothered to click what we were eating. Everybody must have though that it wasn’t worth (corn flakes, Milk, biscuits, croissants, muffins, bread, fruit salads, coffee/tea etc).

However, let me give u a textual glimpse into a 7 course meal.

Seven-course meals often begin with an appetizer, move into dinner and finish with dessert. The typical 7 course meal would start with an appetizer, move to soup, then serve Salad, serve plate cleanser (Naturally tasting dish, could be lemon flavored to remove the lingering taste) move to fish, server poultry or red meat and then finally close with dessert.

I know what you must be thinking. How can one eat so much? That’s why 7 course dinners are not 30 minutes affair. They are more than 2 hrs affair.

You go to a restaurant in France in the evening, the person at restaurant does not expect you to get up so that somebody else would take the seat that evening (it is a little different story in the Asian restaurants in France though)
Old 1st May 2010, 21:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Here is a pic each from Monaco and Normandy from my collection. Hope it's ok to post it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-image_2.jpg  

Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-image_1.jpg  

Old 1st May 2010, 22:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
I know what you must be thinking. How can one eat so much? That’s why 7 course dinners are not 30 minutes affair. They are more than 2 hrs affair.
Thanks for explaining & yes, I love such long lunch & dinner having once in a while with family ; will keep waiting to continue on your travelogue; your pics are really great.
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:07   #72
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
BEAUUUUUUTIFUL Pics MX6. I am already pre-hooked to your future travelogues.

BTW, both of you (Sanjay & MX6) have striking similarities as in:

1. Both of you are IT professionals.
2. Both of you have "traveling" as one of your interests.
3. Both of you are wonderful shutterbugs.
4. Both of you have distinct and captivating writing styles (I was engrossed throughout the thread).

Did I miss the following two points:

5. Both of you have been to France
6. Both of you are BHPians

Waiting for more,
SM
Above all, there's one great point. Both of us had a great penchance for great mush, but now clean shaven.
File pic shot taken in 2005.
Fantastic France -- Rennes, Paris, Normandy, Saint Malo, Mount Saint Michael-mush.jpg
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks good to me; atleast better than the current looks
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:01   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Hey man! Forgive Saurav Ganguly please, will ya?!
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:03   #75
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Hey man! Forgive Saurav Ganguly please, will ya?!
Saurav is my Idol. It was a compliment to Sanjay Kaul.

Sorry for the OT here.

Most Viewed