Old 22nd April 2010, 12:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
...seems you saved my money
Did i? Thats the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
...BTW is it fully functional now? I mean I just now checked their site, info on packages are like "Coming Soon".
I met Jimmy Mistry at the end of the day when i was there (4+ weeks back). In his words "As far as i am concerned we are now open to the public.".
When i was there virtually everything was up and running, so i wouldn't worry about that. Packaged might imply group deals etc? I haven't spent much time on their website, its a bit of an overload for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
How expensive is the place?
Its not cheap, but its not ridiculously priced either.
It starts with a Rs. 500 entrance charge which is fully redeemable against food or activities inside.

Things like the low-rope / high-rope activities are Rs. 250 for every 15minutes. Same for the video games, dog walking, pony rides etc.

From what i know, the prices aren't quite set in stone as yet. I guess they will tweak them depending on the first few months.

Zorbing is Rs. 500.

Snag golf 30min = Rs. 750

Paintball 50 shots = Rs. 750

ATVs (90cc/200cc) = Rs 750/1000 for 15mins
(Anyone know how much go-karting is at powaii and other places as a comparison?)

Para Sailing = Rs. 2000

Even if you're on a tight budget, I'd suggest going there in the evening, doing 1 activity, get something to eat and have a look around the place. Its really worth checking out and its a sweet place to just hang out for a sunset in Lonavala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is Jimmy Mistry the the same guy who acts?
Nope. Don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The military style team building looks amazing.
I guess the "team building" part might be one of their packages for groups / corporates. Though as mentioned earlier, high-rope / low-rope stuff like "tarzan swing" or "broken bridge" can be done.
Alternatively, convince your boss to take your office team. I think we have a thread somewhere on team-building etc...

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd April 2010 at 12:13.
Old 27th April 2010, 12:30   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review R. Have to make a trip soon.

BTW, Jimmy is an architect. He's design our clinic as well. Need to give him a call.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Its not cheap, but its not ridiculously priced either.
It starts with a Rs. 500 entrance charge which is fully redeemable against food or activities inside.

Things like the low-rope / high-rope activities are Rs. 250 for every 15minutes. Same for the video games, dog walking, pony rides etc.

From what i know, the prices aren't quite set in stone as yet. I guess they will tweak them depending on the first few months.

Zorbing is Rs. 500.

Snag golf 30min = Rs. 750

Paintball 50 shots = Rs. 750

ATVs (90cc/200cc) = Rs 750/1000 for 15mins
(Anyone know how much go-karting is at powaii and other places as a comparison?)

Para Sailing = Rs. 2000

Even if you're on a tight budget, I'd suggest going there in the evening, doing 1 activity, get something to eat and have a look around the place. Its really worth checking out and its a sweet place to just hang out for a sunset in Lonavala.

R
Thanks a lot for the detailed info. Prices seem rather reasonable given the amount of investment that has gone into this, and also the maintenance cost. We need to visit soon before the setup starts moving southwards.

I am really fascinated with the RC plane setup. It's quite courageous for the enterprise to offer such an expensive hobby facility.
But, I guess they won't allow client to fly them selves.

Anyway, complete with the pricing info - a great review.
Three cheers.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
I am really fascinated with the RC plane setup. It's quite courageous for the enterprise to offer such an expensive hobby facility.
But, I guess they won't allow client to fly them selves...
Yea, the amount of planes and helis they had there was quite incredible.

[Unrelated] Actually i heard that at a recent wedding at Amby Valley, a R/C chopper showered the couple with rose petals. Wonder if it was the same guys.

As for allowing the clients to fly themselves - they do. However, they are first required to do something like 30mins on the flight simulator (with the actual R/C controller) as a prerequisite. After that i guess depending on skill level they would gradually be given control of the aircraft (perhaps not take-off and landing initially?).

Planes = Rs. 1000 - 3000 for 15min (depending on gas/electric + size)

Helis = Rs. 2000 - 3000 for 15min (depending on size)

Simulator = Rs. 250 / 15min

cya
R
Old 4th May 2010, 19:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Yea, the amount of planes and helis they had there was quite incredible.

[Unrelated] Actually i heard that at a recent wedding at Amby Valley, a R/C chopper showered the couple with rose petals. Wonder if it was the same guys.

As for allowing the clients to fly themselves - they do. However, they are first required to do something like 30mins on the flight simulator (with the actual R/C controller) as a prerequisite. After that i guess depending on skill level they would gradually be given control of the aircraft (perhaps not take-off and landing initially?).

Planes = Rs. 1000 - 3000 for 15min (depending on gas/electric + size)

Helis = Rs. 2000 - 3000 for 15min (depending on size)

Simulator = Rs. 250 / 15min

cya
R
awsome place can i have the contact number or the website or the address of this place
Old 4th May 2010, 20:24   #21
BHPian

WOW. Bang in the middle of Lonavala-Khandala!! This place looks real fun.

Thanks Rehaan. You have provided an answer to the question several bored souls ask on the weekend......"Aaj kya karneka?" (for non-hindi speaking brethren - What do we do today?)

Gotta go check this place out.... very soon.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:36   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil1300 View Post
awsome place can i have the contact number or the website or the address of this place
Google will lead you to this :

Della Adventure

cya,
R
Old 5th May 2010, 13:43   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the pics. The place seems to be very exciting and a good spot for a one day outing for all of us here in Pune as well as folks from Mumbai.
Seeing the photos, I must say "Bande ne paisa lagaya hain" and seems he will get a good ROI especially with all the folks like us planning to visit sooner or later.
Old 5th May 2010, 23:53   #24

Ahh, Did not see this thread. Keep it going. Darayus43 will be happy.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Too many things need to be done and corrected. The place is still not fully operational. Last Sunday, there was waiting of 3 hours for an ATV ride!! Since only 3 ATVs were operational, others had broken down with either suspension or tires or engine problems.
Para-sailing is dangerous in that terrain.
Had only one instructor for the rc planes!
Archery instructor was also absent.
We had to use up our cover charges on food!
Though the grill had a big clock on the wall with "JIMMY MISTRY" I guess the owner also is into manufacturing wall clocks now!! Or does that show the Ego of the owner?
Old 10th June 2010, 17:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
And now for the main reason I visited this place :
Attachment 334404

Pretty unreal garage for somewhere in the middle of Lonavala, right?
Phew! Quite a place, this! Lucky you rehaan, i hope somebody comes up with such a place in/close to hyderabad.
Quote:
Zorbing. (a.k.a. Barfing in some languages. Best done with a partner you despise)
[For those who don’t know what this is: they strap two people inside a transparent inflatable ball and roll you down a hill!]
Attachment 334468
So, did you get to zorb? we had one such place songs of earth (resort?) in hyderabad and had zorbing on its list, but were told in the last moment that the zorb's are out for maintanance
Old 24th June 2010, 12:48   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Too many things need to be done and corrected...
Thanks scooby05 - was waiting to hear what people would say after going there while it was up and running (as i went just before).
I'm guessing this is also their busiest time of the year (ie monsoons everyone heads to lonavla for the weekend!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
So, did you get to zorb?
Not quite. Perhaps next time - will make for an interesting video

cya
R
Old 12th April 2012, 10:26   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla

Here's another option that seems like a fun place : WildWagtile

No personal experience, received via email.
Old 5th January 2013, 16:26   #29
Team-BHP Support

Re: ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla

Some of the mods were at Pawna for a getaway and we decided to head over to Della Adventure to check it out :

Pics from this thread

Pricing:
Apart from paying the standard charges, you can opt for Silver, Gold and Platinum packages. These make sense if you plan to do multiple activities.

The gold for example gives you Rs. 3,400 of spendable cash on your card if you pay just Rs. 2,000.

The prices for each activity are the same across all packages.

ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-img_20121217_094001.jpg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 09:51   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Got this in my email. Posting here just in case someone should be interested:

ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-unnamed-1.jpg
ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-unnamed-2.jpg
ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-unnamed-3.jpg
ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-unnamed-4.jpg
ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-unnamed-5.jpg
ATVs, R/C planes, Paintball, Archery, Zorbing & more - Della Adventure, Lonavla-unnamed.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks