Team-BHP - Enchanting Kutta
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Enchanting Kutta (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/80130-enchanting-kutta-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 1852692)
Also enroute you can have the famed 'Unniappams' at the Jungle View Hotel:)

I saw a program in TV on these 'Unniappams'. Where is this hotel? Is this in Tholpetty or in Kattikulam?

Regards
Rex

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex_varghese (Post 1882412)
I saw a program in TV on these 'Unniappams'. Where is this hotel? Is this in Tholpetty or in Kattikulam?

Regards
Rex

It is in Tholpetty forest, on the fork that goes to Tirunelly temply, this comes on the right hand side when you drive from Karnataka to Kerala.

Nice place to visit.
Calm & peaceful.
Thanks for the detailed write up & homestay details. :-)

Seems like you had a real hide out experience away from the maddening crowd in any place of interest due to the summer vacation. Thanks for sharing the homestay details, it seems like real VFM. Could you please share some snaps on the rooms and surroundings please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 1889570)
Seems like you had a real hide out experience away from the maddening crowd in any place of interest due to the summer vacation. Thanks for sharing the homestay details, it seems like real VFM. Could you please share some snaps on the rooms and surroundings please.

Yes, Kutta is not that commercialized. But one should stay atleast 2-3 days to enjoy the nature and the snail pace life of this small town. The homestay was indeed a VFM with all basic amenities - 24hrs hot water, cable TV, etc. Sorry I don't have room snaps but have a look at surrounding snaps.

Thanks Imran, no doubt its a home away from home :D.

I had called up for this home stay but its booked. I got another contact from him.
My question is ( since its the first time i am going for a home stay)- how good are these generally? I saw other home stays charge about Rs 1500 per head(3K) for a night,while this is 750. Is this 750 per room or per head?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2127602)
I had called up for this home stay but its booked. I got another contact from him.
My question is ( since its the first time i am going for a home stay)- how good are these generally? I saw other home stays charge about Rs 1500 per head(3K) for a night,while this is 750. Is this 750 per room or per head?

Seems like in my hurry to post, i did not look carefully- got the answer to if its per head or per room:)
A couple of questions on the route
1. Is the route till kutta good enough to venture in a ANHC? I ask because of the GC which is trifle low and hope there are no monstrous speed breakers?
2. What is the best route to take so that one can pass through max jungle areas, with a chance to spot some wildlife? And is it better to pass through the jungle in the day or afternoon/evening?

MKH,
This is probably one of the best times to visit kutta.
the vegetation is green and plenty of water in the waterfalls will delight you.

If you are taking your ANHC, go via Mysore-Hunsur-nagarhole-kutta.
The road was good except at a few places. Mostly the jeep folks at kutta will get down the road to let a car pass.

I did this trip during the monsoons last year and take a look at this thread for activities around kutta.
Most homestays will arrange for a jeep incase you are not willing to take your car. Some roads are jeep only roads and check with the homestay people for more updates.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uth-coorg.html

Regards,
Krishna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2127966)
Seems like in my hurry to post, i did not look carefully- got the answer to if its per head or per room:)
A couple of questions on the route
1. Is the route till kutta good enough to venture in a ANHC? I ask because of the GC which is trifle low and hope there are no monstrous speed breakers?
2. What is the best route to take so that one can pass through max jungle areas, with a chance to spot some wildlife? And is it better to pass through the jungle in the day or afternoon/evening?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittigadu (Post 2128192)
MKH,
This is probably one of the best times to visit kutta.
the vegetation is green and plenty of water in the waterfalls will delight you.

If you are taking your ANHC, go via Mysore-Hunsur-nagarhole-kutta.
The road was good except at a few places. Mostly the jeep folks at kutta will get down the road to let a car pass.

I did this trip during the monsoons last year and take a look at this thread for activities around kutta.
Most homestays will arrange for a jeep incase you are not willing to take your car. Some roads are jeep only roads and check with the homestay people for more updates.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uth-coorg.html

Regards,
Krishna.

Hi MK,

As Krishna mentioned, this is the best time to visit Kutta. The suggested route is absolutely fine to drive in ANCH. A little stretch inside Nagarhole reserve forest is in bad shape (but not difficult to drive).

Early mornign will have maximum chance to spot wild animals. Else by 4 or 5 in the evening. But before 6, traffic is not allowed after 6 pm to 6 am.

For Safari you can hire local jeep. Check with homestay ppl for the nearby places. Even Wayanad reserve forest is also near by. Kerala border is hardly 5kms from Kutta.

Enjoy your stay.

Regards,
Imran