Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 18:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
How do you find time on earth to go at the rate of 9 odd posts a day? You've zoomed to a senior bhp status in just 3 months. Are positions open in your company?
It might be out of 9 & hit 10 soon.
Well, I told that in Smartcat's thread, we're on 5 year implementation project, so the actual work will start only by end of 5th year ; infact we've been hiring man & I've also posted one of our immediate requirement here in jobs available in our organization thread.

Well, have you watched the Wild Hogs movie? To me, TBHP is like the bar where Jack & his bikers meetup.

Last edited by aargee : 26th April 2010 at 18:22.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Also please read this link for some photos on the TN side.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...chennai-2.html
Old 26th April 2010, 19:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Well, have you watched the Wild Hogs movie? To me, TBHP is like the bar where Jack & his bikers meetup.
The bar blows up in the movie. Aint it? . So you are John Travolta. Huh?
Old 27th April 2010, 10:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

On the Way back from Pulicat, near to Ponneri town, We noticed a board reading Annamalaiar Bird Sanctuary - 12 kms. We went around 5-6 kms and road split into two, both being same in nature. we cold not make out whether to go left or right, so we turned back. It is so deserted that we could not even see a dog or a crow, leave alone a human. We turned back. We were not comfortable asking local people for the way, because they may hitch a ride in our car and we end up being robbed.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
The bar blows up in the movie. Aint it? . So you are John Travolta. Huh?
; well I like their (Travolta's & Allen's) rides; yes the bar blows up & they get twice the money from insurance.
@Raja - Thanks for that link, I was searching for a similar link.

Last edited by aargee : 27th April 2010 at 10:17.
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:17   #36
BHPian

dear,

1. First few pics where your car is parked, with barren land on both sides is the Pulicat lake. It is about 400 odd Sq.KMs of brakish water Lake! It is a sand storm desert during the Summer, mostly till end of June!

2. The right turn you took, the red dirt road, is not leading to Pulicat, as you are already in the middle of Pulicat then., that dirt road leads to a small hamlet called Venadu, but it is disconnected from the land after about 10 KMs.

3. Then the place where you have a board behind your parked card is Arambakkam Boat Jetty., there are plenty of fishing boats on the Jetty. If they dont have a job to do, they might take you for a ride into the lake, if it is not dried up that! [one passenger boat, Ramu Anna's boat, takes people every 3 hours to and from Arambakkam to Irukkam], mostly it will be crowded with villagers.

PS: Pulicat is not a tourist spot, it is not ready for tourists to show you places around!

PS2: You have to explore the place if you are interested, there is no boating facility that can take you on a tour! APTDC is no where near Arambakkam, but there is a forest department boating jetty in the Tada Wharf, no one can predict when they will be available!
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:28   #37
BHPian

Fishing Hamlet : Not a tourist spot for Family, Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Bharath, I think you approached the place from the wrong side. There is a road via Ponneri, that reaches you to the South side of the Lake and there are boating available. I myself haven't visited there, but my colleagues used to have good time there and I will provide more info tomorrow in detail of exactly how to reach the place. This side seems to be scenic and during season, (Oct-Feb) many exotic birds you could locate too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
I went to pulicate lake with my wife and brother last year. It was decent enough.
I don't remember the route exaclty but once you take a right turn from the Highway..We need to travel in a very small deserted lane..I guess atleast 10-20kms.

There is a big lake which you might have seen in many movies...We hired a boat there.After riding for around 20mts we reached a nice place full of bamboo trees with Sea shore on the other side.
Nice place to go with friends...but feel little unsafe if you are going along with your wife/GF.

Hi, If you are paranoid about long drives without seeing human movement, if you are not local friendly, if you are not wanting to interact with people, if you are expecting a ticketed boating/tourist spot, I suggest you better keep away from the Palaverkadu(south tip of Pulicat in TN side).

Because the place is certainly a fishing hamlet, just Chennai's royapuram area etc., People are mostly fishermen, friendly with the Ocean not so with people who want to evade them. So better stay away from places like that and not complain.

If you are with some local friends, who can handle them, be friendly with them, you can enjoy the place, it's much trouble free when girls are not around! you certainly leave an eyebrow raised when women dress up well cultured and are in their turf for not so understood reasons!

The place is certainly a beautiful scenic place, A delta region how it is supposed to be, undisturbed by polluting factories and developments!

Most Viewed