Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 17:26   #46
BHPian

Day I snaps: Journey through Chambal belt Etawa - Gwalior
Attached Thumbnails
A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03101.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03102.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03104.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03105.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03106.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 17:32   #47
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
I think, there's some confusion. The fact is she was exactly 4 yrs 10 months at the time of trip, and now is 5 yrs 2 months (not 10 ). Just got the net connection back, will try to upload pics.

BTW. CONGRATS MX6! You became a Senior BHPian today. Just saw it.
Sorry. My oversight. I thought you had done the long drive 5 years back! Hence thought that she would be 10 by now. So it's not 5 years back. It's 5 months back! I've recalibrated now.

Thanks. I noticed too! Hope I add much value to this site to join the likes of HVK and go around with 5 stars sometime in the future.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:26   #48
BHPian

Day 2:

Keeping the hectic drive of D1 in mind, we've decided to go soft on D2. Woke up around 6.30AM, got hot water in hotel, freshened up, family had a brief photo session in hotel lawns when we cleaned Safari, purchased some more medicines for daughter, to be on safe side. Finally left at 9.30am. All were feeling fresh. The original plan was to visit Ajanta and halt at Aurangabad.

Route to be taken was Indore-Khandwa-Burhanpur-Ajanta-Aurangabad. But, outdoor plans are rarely followed ditto!

Stopped for breakfast few kms outside Indore at a roadside point. That looked like a 'famous' BF stop as so many vehicles were stopping there. Local fresh dishes were available. Its location (amidst small hills, greenery and couple of temples) was apt for such a morning stop. Started after a good 30 mints break.

The road (I think SH 26/or 27 of MP it was) was superb - newly tarred, butter smooth w/o potholes, ghatish with greenery around. After BF, I enjoyed very much driving on that road.

Plan getting changed:

Before reaching Khandwa, when passing through a village, we saw a board showing Omkareswar 10 or 12 kms. Nomadic tourist inside me woke up and safari breaks came to full use. I have read in some travelogue about Omkareswar being a beautiful temple site worth a visit. Inquired locals, they told yes, it is same famous one and road is good, we thought its so near, let's go. So, we took that detour to Omkareswar.

As is case at all religious places, so many guides/priests approached. Finally, we hired services of one somber looking Panditji, he guided us towards parking. We told him get us around the temple in 1 hr. But, we spent there approx. 3 hrs! and that too by choice. The environment was so serene: historical temple on the bank of Narmada (which has same holi status in Central India as the Ganges has in Northern India); beautiful clean, cool, blue water in Narmada, the Howrah style bridge to cross over to temple, boating in that water to go/return from temple, rocky sides and a dam around Narmada.

My wife was not feeling well that day, but that environment had a very soothing effect, though climbing quite a few steps from Narmada ghat after returning by boat from temple, again made her very tired! We took some rest, thanked the Panditji who indeed proved a very nice person and proceeded towards our next destination - Ajanta.

Things, however not going as planned. Wife was not feeling well. Wasn't a serious problem though, but due to migrain, she was feeling uneasy and weakness. So, I changed the plan. We thought, we have had a visit to a very important place, so lets not aim Ajanta today, instead call it a day early (decided to halt at Jalgaon) and give rest to wife. We didn't have booked accommodation anywhere, so changing plans was not a problem. We cruised on that beautiful SH, enjoyed the topography of central India, and reached Jalgaon. Took a decent hotel, had dinner and went to bed.

Day 2 pics coming up next.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:30   #49
Team-BHP Support

Omkareshwar and Amartkantak are two places in my list.
Plan cover them one day. Will club along with Ujjain.

LDL, I think there long bridge on the Chambal. At least the railway had one.
Dry terrain all over.

Chambal looks even more beautiful when it goes through Kota and has many power projects.
Jawahar Sagar, Gandhi Sagar, Ranapratap sagar etc.

Did you plan to take the Jaipur/Kota route back?

Last edited by ampere : 4th May 2010 at 18:34.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:09   #50
BHPian

DAY 2 Pics:

1. The brave daughter at the hotel in Indore.
2. Mustard fields
3. Family at Hotel Indore - morning photo-shoot.
4. Tigress getting much needed clean-up in morning.
5. Break for breakfast.
6. Breakfast stop - serene environment, nice weather.
7,8,9. Crossing Holi Narmada river.
Attached Thumbnails
A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03123.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03110.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03130.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03140.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03142.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03147.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03149.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03151.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03155.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 19:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Omkareshwar and Amartkantak are two places in my list. Plan cover them one day. Will club along with Ujjain.
LDL, I think there long bridge on the Chambal. At least the railway had one.
Dry terrain all over.
Chambal looks even more beautiful when it goes through Kota and has many power projects.Jawahar Sagar, Gandhi Sagar, Ranapratap sagar etc.

Did you plan to take the Jaipur/Kota route back?
We planned to take Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kota route back. I think we crossed some bridge over Chambal between Etawah-Gwalior? but, sorry, not sure, may be some of its tributary only.

Yes, Omkareswar, A'tak and Ujjain will make a good soothing tour if taken in suitable weather.

Omkareswar photos coming up next..

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 4th May 2010 at 19:19.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks FM. BTW, where are you heading next after 'Yeracud josh'! Snaps coming soon, had net problem today.
haha.. have plans for Panchmarhi or may be western ghats during monsoon(khandala, lonavala or other places), lets see when it happens.
I think it's a long time now, I should also finish my half done travelogue.

Quote:
BTW. CONGRATS MX6! You became a Senior BHPian today. Just saw it.
@MX6 congratulations for becoming a Senior!!!
Old 4th May 2010, 19:43   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We planned to take Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kota route back. I think we crossed some bridge over Chambal between Etawah-Gwalior? but, sorry, not sure, may be some of its tributary only.
I remember reading in some post that Udaipur Kota NH76 is fully developed and a scorcher to drive.
During early times it was OK roads with lots of "doodwallahs" with pagadis (turbans) on the buses.

Last edited by ampere : 4th May 2010 at 19:47.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:45   #54
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Omkareshwar is in my radar next. I'm waiting for your photos eagerly. I might just do Omkareshwar over a weekend in May or June. It's been a while since my daughter went swimming in a river and Narmada looks damn inviting!

@FordManchau. Thanks.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:45   #55
BHPian

Thanks to you all for maintaining your interest in the thread and keep responding.

@ampere. Yes, NH76 is fully complete and super-express, but boring a bit as hardly any traffic.That stretch is complete till Jhansi via Shivpuri, only Kota bypass is incomplete, though Chittorgarh bypass is complete and great. Only thing to watch out is occasional tractor on wrong side or near a crossing/cut for a town or village, some two-wheeler rider crossing the road in their own old style! Actually, these super-express highways might have created a nuisance in the erstwhile peaceful life of those countryside people. Isn't it, with outside ambitious cruisers like us coming at 120's kmphr.

@MX6. Yes, Omkareswar will be a good visit. Though I am not sure about swimming opportunities there, as there is a dam and water is accumulated, so I think it may be deeper and not amenable for swimming, not sure though. Didn't saw anybody swimming.

@ FM. Waiting for more and more josh travelogues.

Now uploading Omkareswar pics.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:51   #56
BHPian

Omkareswar Photos:

They are self-explanatory, hence, no captions
Attached Thumbnails
A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03158.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03160.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03166.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03161.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03162.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03163.jpg  

Old 5th May 2010, 09:56   #57
BHPian

Omkareswar pics continuing..
Attached Thumbnails
A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03180.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03181.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03182.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03185.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03187.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03188.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03195.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03196.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03197.jpg  

A road trip that changed my driving horizons! 3860 kms Lucknow-Mumbai-Lucknow-dsc03204.jpg  

Old 5th May 2010, 12:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Good shots sir. Also very clear narration. So finally we are heading towards the travelogue part after being off topic for sometime.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics LDL.
The bridge in the second last photo of your last post looks very exciting. Is driving through that bridge allowed?
The other bridge that is suspended by cables looks to be for pedestrian only.
The water in the river looks clean. I can guess by the photos that it would be very soothing to just sit there.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:57   #60
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics of Omkareshwar. I have to fit this in to me schedule in June. Let me start the work on it. The water is interesting and inviting. I also see from your photos that there's a ghat (not the hill ghat but the river ghat) with steps and they've put barricades to ensure people don't cross a safe distance. So I can still manage to get a proper immersion and my daughter can do a bit of ablution too! Thanks for amazing photos LDL.
p.s. I'm afraid of Dams.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks