Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 22:43   #46
BHPian

I am currently uploading this review in all possible review websites. Will surely send this to KTDC too.

@MODS, request you to change the thread name to "Horrifying Experience at Agraharam Resorts - Wayanad".

Old 6th May 2010, 00:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I am currently uploading this review in all possible review websites. Will surely send this to KTDC too.

@MODS, request you to change the thread name to "Horrifying Experience at Agraharam Resorts - Wayanad".

Please also update the same review to our own accommodation thread in the travelogue section.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Please don't forget to post in Tripadvisor.com, surprisingly they have a good rating there.. Agraharam Cottages (Wayanad, India) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
Old 6th May 2010, 13:19   #49
BHPian

This is absolute mess. Thank god you came out of it safe. I checked with the website of the place and the pictures of the resort look heavenly. Such a camouflage.

Probably this is the reason why we (India) are not a preferred tourist destination in spite of us having such great places in our country. We have a long way to go.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:04   #50
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Damn. Revisited this thread after some days. Your words earlier didn't quite convey the horror. The combo of pics and other comments and video makes a telling statement! This is no adventure. This is plain horror. Major thumbs down to those who are running that damn resort.
Well, no way this is an adventure.

Last edited by MX6 : 6th May 2010 at 15:11.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:11   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Please also update the same review to our own accommodation thread in the travelogue section.
Well pointed out. Deepak please do update the travelogue section as it is frequented by people while making travel plans.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:10   #52
BHPian

Hey Deepak - Really feel sad about the terrible experience you had. But probably could be treated as a lessons learnt. Thats exactly why I do not opt for any last minute trip and stay option (especially when family is involved). You remember I told the same to Rocky for the Yercaud trip plan. Anyways, past is past.

Now-a-days you really cant believe the online portals rating, may it be HolidayIQ or mouthshut or Tripadvisor or ..Nevertheless we should also try to teach a lesson to these day-time robbers. Its not a Resort in any sense. We could write to the Police-in-Charge now also, with the videos and photos in the pretext that you were threatened against reporting to the Police. Local contacts of fellow BHPians ( e.g. Alter) would certainly help. Writing to KTDC is also a good idea. Best thing would be to highlight in Media if connection is there.

Next time - hope you will not hurry for a trip for the shake of a trip.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Next time - hope you will not hurry for a trip for the shake of a trip.
Heavy words Rajesh sir

Deepak did you file an FIR before leaving the place citing intimidation and threat for paying the complete bills even after being provided very shoddy services???

I spoke to an influential friend there and he says that in case any FIR had been filed against them with respect to this trip then he will surely give this resort a hard time.
He needs something against them.I showed him the pics but then he is sure in case he asks the cops to visit them, they will be shown an entirely different picture and moreover the cops will not spend a night sleeping in those cottages.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

That's some pretty bad experience. Thanks for sharing this, hope none of us will ever consider that so called resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
In one of the so called cottages it was one of my colleague and his wife(who is pregnant) were to sleep. She happened to get up somewhere around 1 A.M. and she started screaming for which he woke up.....and to my shock we had atleast a thousand Moths flying above our bed eratically, and just to mention that these cottages have gaps on the tiled cieling from which these moths have been entering our room. As there was nothing much we could do we both just covered ourselves with the blanket head to toe waiting for the sun to rise.

These are common in Kerala during first rains and these insects are completely harmless. They are male termites who flew out for the first time in their life that evening, for mating with the queen(s) up in the air. They are attracted to light. They only live for that day and may be next, without the wings of course. I remember walking straight through them when hundreds of them are flying around me, during childhood days.

Since they are all destined to die anyway, the best way to get them out of your house is to turn off all the lights, and light a fire outside the house and wait for few minutes.

Last edited by clevermax : 6th May 2010 at 16:52.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

In my village, I remember people using the broom to sweep aside bucket loads of these after the rains.
Bad timing for you for staying in those rooms. They should have covered the rooms better. Hope they learn how to behave with paying guests.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks