Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 14:46   #91
BHPian

So the fun starts now.
Tonight?! Now that's a hell lot of time!

Last edited by aman9393 : 21st May 2010 at 14:58.
Old 21st May 2010, 15:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

Khaleed bhai,
kya miya baut intezaar kara rahe!!!
raat tak logo ka kya se kya ho jaata!! hehe..
Waiting eagerly for the next part of your logue.Very thrilling build up till now.
Old 21st May 2010, 15:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Neat travelogue, was glued to it past few days like the story telling part ... you can be a good director for sure

btw your driver is the "hero" of the logue hehehe

cant wait for the "phataaki" .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Oh Man ... You are making everyone to get glued to this thread... rather we cant concentrate in our daily activities ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Tonight?? Grrr. that's why I don't read the travelogues when they just starts. The wait is killing for a good travelogue and this is one heck of a good one. Eagerly waiting for the next episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
So you finally did the trip that you have been thinking of doing. Like everyone said, this travelogue is one of the most hatke that even i have read in long time.

Totally unpretentious, simple and down to earth. Most importantly i must credit you for putting the hydeez on the tbhp map by using our flavoursome lingo.

Look forward to next installment, till here the journey was rocking and suspense filled.
thanks..
yes, i did it! it wasnt the relaxing trip i was looking for like the thing u did in tirthan valley, cottage by the river.... remember? but it sure was adventurous, tiring, frustrating, fun.. all but relaxing!! hehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
So the fun starts now.
Tonight?! Now that's a hell lot of time!

@everyone...
A big thanks to all of you.. now, seeing the number of green lights here.. i'm gonna write my next installment right now....
Old 21st May 2010, 15:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
@everyone...
A big thanks to all of you.. now, seeing the number of green lights here.. i'm gonna write my next installment right now....
Awesome, that's what I call Enthusiasm. Bring it on the good stuff mate..
Old 21st May 2010, 15:43   #95
BHPian

sorry, m having a late lunch, gimme half an hour.. pakka!
Old 21st May 2010, 15:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry, m having a late lunch, gimme half an hour.. pakka!
hehe.. I can understand the expectations you have to fulfill. enjoy your lunch.
But hope this "half an hour" and "pakka" does not have hyderabadi interpretation attached to it.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

@UNOCZAR,

nice travelogue,
its different [like maggy hot and sweet].

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 21st May 2010 at 16:13.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:16   #98
BHPian

Khaalid bhai

Your half an hr is over! Hope your lunch is over too. Come on, you know, people here are not going to let you relax. This is the 'punishment' one gets for writing such excellent and entertaining travelogues!
Old 21st May 2010, 17:20   #99
BHPian

Delhi ki Garmi!!

We woke up early in delhi, my aunt has rules in her house. Breakfast 8 am sharp.

(time 8:00)
aao, sab log aajao... breakfast karenge,
amar! (bawarchi), toast laga de...
gugu! (i'm called by that name, i dont know why?) kaha hai sab log, bula na, itni der kardi
haan bas abhi aare, ladies tayyar hore na..
itna time? hadh hai!

abhi bulata hun maasi!

After the firangi breakfast of bread/toast, butter, omlette, juice etc.. my brother (maasi's son), tells us that you should go to dehradun first, and then to krishikesh for river rafting! i tell him bhai, nahi we are not that kind, but he insists! and tells us,

"tum log sirf ye ek hi cheez yaad rakhoge ghar jaane ke baad!"

I don't feel disappointed for not listening to him.. coz later in manali we did see some group rafting, completely drenched in ice cold water!!?!! NO way! hehe...

So, we decided to go straight to shimla tonight and then to manali from there as we had already taken 4 days to reach delhi.
But before that, its time to visit old delhi, jama masjid! YAY!
My friends hadn't seen qutub minar, so we went there first, and then to old delhi.

Straight to Jama Masjid gate#1. Car parked, everyone inside the masjid. ITs HUGE!! very big its almost time for the afternoon prayers and we start preparing for it, ladies in a corner, gents in the main masjid.

Prayers done, and i've misplaced my footwear!? where is it? me and a friend start looking for it... he says-

tu kaha se aaya tha waisa hi wapas jaa, mil jaati
achi baat hai...

and yes, brilliant!, i found it inside the Wazukhana (face/hand wash place). Now, everybody wants to get into the market and shop/eat, but me..? no i have other plans.

I have just read a board saying, "Ticket to tower, this way-" TING!! Tower?! wow! really?
great..

mai tower chadne jaaru...tum mei se kaun kaun aare?
nakko baba... utna uncha? nahi koi nahi.
(ladies se toh expect bhi nahi kiya tha!)
tum log toh chalo yaar, mast view rahega!
nahi re pagal, thak jaate...
abe saale, adventure kidhar gaya? chal na..
(my friends brother agrees :-)

i buy two tickets (Rs.20 each), wait for the maulana saab to open the locks and take us through. Everybody else is furious at my selfish decision. I tell them..
abhi bhi chance hai
ticket leke aajao.. poora dilli dikhataun yaha se!!!
... they snub!

we both start climbing... huff! puff! huff! puff! and within a few seconds we're on the side roof approximately one floor of a regular building. Then maulana saab took us to another door which leads into the tower. He's not accompanying us anymore.. "Jayiye" he says...

3-4 others, a couple, and a foreigner are also behind us, i saw. So we start climbing..

Huff! Puff! huff! puff!... phew! this is not going to be easy.... after about 20-30 steps.. i'm out of breath.. i allow others to pass me, now this also is not easy, the passage is spiral and very narrow, i have to squeeze my belly in.. IN.. to let them through, a little further up i see a window and climb into it to allow everyone else through, including the foreigner a former US Marine, served in afghanistan!

after a huffy puffy climb.. i'm on top with others!! YAY! its probably the highest point in old delhi.. and i can see the qutub minar in a haze! i take a video and some pics.

climbing down now, chatting with the former US marine.. Taliban do exist he says, he's met them! Great! its squeeze time again.. belly IN!... people climbing up...

finally i'm back on ground after my adventure. It is a must do when anyone visits delhi!!

check out the video. (link in next post.. upload karna hai, somebody please tell me how to embed a video here?)

Its almost 3-3.30 and we have to rush back... shimla bhi jaana hai na!!?

We take a stroll thru the busy streets behind jama masjid, down a glass of lassi and return to the car. Oops! The sun has taken its toll on the ladies, they're furious now, and my wife's missing..

kaha gaye..?
(mazhar) us taraf..
chal gaadi bhaga!

we're looking for her and there she is buying KHARBUZA!

kya karre yaha? (she's sweating and angry and red!) sabko waha chor ke?
dont talk to me!
ARREY!? kya hua jee?
you can waste one hour of our time, isliye mai bhi akeli nikal aayi, dhoond rahe they na? pareshaan huye na?
(me = straight faced, no words!)
chaliye ab. wapas jaare!
ok!
mazhar! Dono AC Full karde.. dhoop lag gayi ye logo ko! (giggle), (and she gets more angry)

Back at the house, she still angry, i ask mazhar to take us to a market (malviya nagar) nearby where i knew we'll get aloo tikki and ice gola of her liking...

4 plates aloo tikki, some gapchups! and 5 ice golas later.. everyone's happy! Phew!

i said to myself..."toh ye log bhukke they!??!!! LOL"

back to the house.. bags packed.. SHIMLA! here we go!

guys, wo shimla wala part mai shaam mein hi likh paunga! this has gone too long.. and i need to rush! sorry!

some pics...

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-314.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-316.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-318.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-323.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-325.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-328.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-329.jpg

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture-330.jpg
unoczar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2010, 17:25   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@UNOCZAR,

nice travelogue,
its different [like maggy hot and sweet].
thanks sir, khatta meetha toh mangta na..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Khaalid bhai

Your half an hr is over! Hope your lunch is over too. Come on, you know, people here are not going to let you relax. This is the 'punishment' one gets for writing such excellent and entertaining travelogues!
punsihment teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hehe.. I can understand the expectations you have to fulfill. enjoy your lunch.
But hope this "half an hour" and "pakka" does not have hyderabadi interpretation attached to it.
wo hyderabadi toh hai ich na apan!!? ;-)
Old 21st May 2010, 17:39   #101
BHPian

Arey mian,

Bahut bhari travelogue likh reen tumein....Mujhe pehle malum hota ki hyderabadi urdu ke itte fanan heen to paihle main bhi likh daalta mere travelogue mein. Shaam ku jaldi update karo doosre photuwan.
BTW...Aapki daadhi Masha Allah badi pyari dikhree...

Last edited by sami316 : 21st May 2010 at 17:40. Reason: Spelling
Old 21st May 2010, 17:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
we both start climbing... huff! puff! huff! puff! and within a few seconds we're on the side roof approximately one floor of a regular building.

Huff! Puff! huff! puff!... phew! this is not going to be easy.... after about 20-30 steps.. i'm out of breath.. i allow others to pass me, now this also is not easy, the passage is spiral and very narrow, i have to squeeze my belly in.. IN..
I dont know how can you ever think of explaining things like this

huff! puff! huff! puff!
i have to squeeze my belly in
pakka, phataaki

Excellent narration unoczar, I am loving it
Old 21st May 2010, 17:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

How to add videos to post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...our-posts.html

It's lovely to read the Hyderabadi Urdu!
main to shaam ko hyderabad nawabs dekhne jaroon!
Old 21st May 2010, 19:59   #104
BHPian

Superhit Narration

Quote:
aao, sab log aajao... breakfast karenge,
amar! (bawarchi), toast laga de...
gugu! (i'm called by that name, i dont know why?) kaha hai sab log, bula na, itni der kardi
haan bas abhi aare, ladies tayyar hore na..
itna time? hadh hai!
abhi bulata hun maasi!

mai tower chadne jaaru...tum mei se kaun kaun aare?
nakko baba... utna uncha? nahi koi nahi.
(ladies se toh expect bhi nahi kiya tha!)
tum log toh chalo yaar, mast view rahega!
nahi re pagal, thak jaate...
abe saale, adventure kidhar gaya? chal na..
(my friends brother agrees :-)

kya karre yaha? (she's sweating and angry and red!) sabko waha chor ke?
dont talk to me!
ARREY!? kya hua jee?
you can waste one hour of our time, isliye mai bhi akeli nikal aayi, dhoond rahe they na? pareshaan huye na?
(me = straight faced, no words!)
chaliye ab. wapas jaare!
ok!
mazhar! Dono AC Full karde.. dhoop lag gayi ye logo ko! (giggle), (and she gets more angry)
unoczar,

As usual, you are superhit with your narration.
By the way, while speaking, Is your accent the same as Mehmood's in one of the Hindi movies (don't remember the name)?

Quote:
4 plates aloo tikki, some gapchups! and 5 ice golas later.. everyone's happy! Phew!

i said to myself..."toh ye log bhukke they!??!!! LOL"
It seems that your gang was more towards eating different dishes than to go for the adventure.

Quote:

after a huffy puffy climb.. i'm on top with others!! YAY! its probably the highest point in old delhi.. and i can see the qutub minar in a haze! i take a video and some pics.
MCD's new civic center is the tallest building in Old Delhi. Source: http://www.urbika.com/projects/view/...d-civic-center

Summers in India - south to north... to hell and back!-picture325.jpg

If you think that this one was the Qutub Minar in a haze, then please don't get disappointed. This is the chimney of one of the Rajghat Thermal Power Plant, situated at barely 3 - 4 kms from Jama Masjid. Qutub Minar is around 20 Kms away from Jama Masjid.

Now, please bring the next installment soon.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 21st May 2010 at 20:02.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2010, 20:13   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
unoczar,

As usual, you are superhit with your narration.
By the way, while speaking, Is your accent the same as Mehmood's in one of the Hindi movies (don't remember the name)?

It seems that your gang was more towards eating different dishes than to go for the adventure.

MCD's new civic center is the tallest building in Old Delhi. Source: MCD Civic Center » Delhi

Attachment 352206

If you think that this one was the Qutub Minar in a haze, then please don't get disappointed. This is the chimney of one of the Rajghat Thermal Power Plant, situated at barely 3 - 4 kms from Jama Masjid. Qutub Minar is around 20 Kms away from Jama Masjid.

Now, please bring the next installment soon.

Cheers!
Irish
Thanks bro.
nahi, mehmood ustaad toh alag hi they. magar kabhi mood mein waisa ho jaata hai.

those guys were pretty disgusted with the summer heat. and think of the ladies, with the burkha too!

Mujhe wo qutub minar ka doubt pehle se hi tha... you cleared it- thanks.

Last edited by unoczar : 21st May 2010 at 20:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks