Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 22:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

^^ haha thats real funny .
IT ppl are laughing stock , all though the pay is good , work/evironment is pathetic where ever you skip .
Old 21st May 2010, 08:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey Star, belated birthday wishes. You are a lucky man to get a surprise party on the tarmac. Nice cartoons but you reminded me on my last revision .

@MX6, please dont try to repeat the overspeeding fun with Indian police to get a birthday wish .
Old 21st May 2010, 10:20   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hey Star, belated birthday wishes. You are a lucky man to get a surprise party on the tarmac. Nice cartoons but you reminded me on my last revision .

@MX6, please dont try to repeat the overspeeding fun with Indian police to get a birthday wish .
Well, in India it's ok to be caught over speeding. You get very less fine. Unlike 200 odd USD I paid in US as a fine, in India rates are damn cheap.
But I don't speed in India because of reasons like, roads being bad, no flow of traffic, sudden appearance of stray animals on roads, tractors / trucks coming on to you on wrong side, sudden appearance of potholes, craters, speed breakers, Bikers who zip around without helmets etc.

Oh yes, not to forget jay walkers, with some showing a degree of nonchalance while trying to cross the road at the same spot at the same time when you want to clear a stretch quickly. What more he's on a mobile, completely oblivious to the thought a 1 tonne metal is hurtling down the road at enormous speeds!

Last edited by MX6 : 21st May 2010 at 10:28. Reason: Ire against jay walkers.
Old 21st May 2010, 11:04   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
#1 Highway washing Service: I do not know how much water remained in the tanker at the destination.
Do not be fooled. Lots of unscrupulous people use this method for quick disposal of waste water to escape pollution control norms. The liquid spill dries up pretty fast on black tarmac.
Old 21st May 2010, 11:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
^^ haha thats real funny .
IT ppl are laughing stock , all though the pay is good , work/evironment is pathetic where ever you skip .
I have lots of respect for the IT Industry and the people who are working there. This Industry brings in about 30B$+ export revenues into the country. It provides occupation and income streem to hundreds of thousands of people directly and millions of people indirectly.

India's name in the recent history has been made known in the world by these guy.

Do not make them a laughing stock.

Ofcourse every Industry has scope for improvement, but expectations must be realistic and practical. It is a topic worth several threads. I would like it to be left for discussion in those threads if requied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks very much Jacs for your wishes. Yes, i agree i am a fortunate guy
This was first time i was having such a birthday occation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Do not be fooled. Lots of unscrupulous people use this method for quick disposal of waste water to escape pollution control norms. The liquid spill dries up pretty fast on black tarmac.
Aisa bhi hota hai ?, ... Thanks for letting us know.

Moving on with the story...

The first objective of the visit this time to Mumbai was to complete the renting out formalities of our house in Navi mumbai. It took two days to complete the formalities.

For the newbies, the formailities include
1. getting two sheets of RS 100 stamp papers or franking done
2. get the agreement printed on the these stamp papers. this is previously agreed over the e-mail with the tenent.
3. get it signed, collect the security deposit cheques, get the witnesses to sign
4. get the attachments viz. parmanent address proof, employers letter, previous address proof
5. Get 2 photocopies of the agreement, attachments
6. submit one set of copy to the housing socienty along with a filled form, request them to allow the transport truck in and household movements through lifts etc.
7. go to the police station along with the tenent and submit one copy to the officer, get it acknowledged and keep it for records.
8. get the house cleaned and handover the keys to the tenent after his due inspection.
9. Demonstrate the house, finer aspects etc
10. Hand over the records (copy) of the last bills paid (e.g. electricity etc) and ask the tenent to keep the records so that i can collect it when he vacates the house.

These two days were also used for payment of property taxes, pending electricity bills, maintenance dues towards the housing society.

On 27th evening we all went to the new hypercity mall near the vashi railway station for the birthday treat. I think IPL match was going on. the entire food court was occupied by people who were multitasking viz eating, drinking (ofcourse juices, coke etc) and watching the match being projected on a big screen.

It was difficult to find place/place to sitdown and eat. After some 30 minutes of struggle, we could get one table, we were 4 adults + 2 kids, We decided to have an close knit, intimate dinner. After a long dinner mainly due to the time needed to order, fetch the food, amid very noisy crowd, we returned home without actually bothering about the match.

I wanted to catchup with my sleep.

Once i wake up, coming up..meeting with friends, shopping date, visiting a not so famous attraction of Navi Mumbai and more

Last edited by StarVegabond : 21st May 2010 at 11:30.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:00   #36
Team-BHP Support

Thats an amazing yearly calendar. Family occasions interspersed with the order of the day (The wallet factor!).
Old 22nd May 2010, 11:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats an amazing yearly calendar. Family occasions interspersed with the order of the day (The wallet factor!).
I have covered only the first half year event calender, Other half is much more interesting, but some other day.

Let me introduce one more character here. Let us call him Chunnu.
He is 3 year old TODLA (speaking), able to converse in Hindi, Marathi, Konkani with some english words as Tadka. But we need full attention to understand what he is communicating.

#09 New character : Chunnu
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-09-new-character-chunnu.jpg

Chunnu is my co-brother and sister in law's (Saali sahiba) son. He had stayed with us for about a month during last year summer when his grandmother was hospitalized and his parents were busy doing hosiptal rounds. during that one month, he had conferred myself and my wife the tittle of Papa and Mamma for the second time. We had a gala time during that one month last summer.

This year too, we were looking forward to have some great moments with him.

#10 : The Munnu and Chunnu
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-10-pair-munnu-chunnu.jpg

#11 Sister and Brother hit off immediately as one can see here..
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-11-sis-kid-bro.jpg

More about them later..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 22nd May 2010 at 11:31.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Day 2 started very late at 9:30 AM, by the time we were ready it was almost 11:30 AM.

You know who wanted to go on a shopping trip. I had no option but to drive her to the hypercity. Munnu and Chunnu stayed back at home with by SIL as they were busy playing together.

# 12 The first thing we did was to have a simple, but sumptuous meal from none other than Bhagat Tarachand.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-12-simple-but-sumptuous-lunch.jpg

$13 After Petpuja, it is time for devpuja..i prayed to this ganesha that "madam ko thoda sadbhuddi do, may her do not wipe my wallet and bank balance off completely"
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-13-start-shopping-prayer-lord-ganesha.jpg

#14 As a marketeer, i was facinated to see such a easy to demo set up. I freaked out experimenting all the bells while madam freaked out with her shopping, I can make only noise while she spends.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-14-output-good-marketeers-work.jpg

#15 Madam with her shopping cart, half full, half empty ?
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-15-madam-her-shopping-cart-still-half-full.jpg

# 16 After all the walking, i was definitely tired, so dragged the madam for a coffee break, i always love the shapes these guys manage to get on the coffee foam.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-16-midshopping-coffee-break.jpg

#17 read an interesting article while sipping the coffee, have highlighted the important learning.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-17-couple-after-few-years-marriage.jpg

#18 some tips for the bachelors...with compliments from the MBA
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-18-guide-bachelore.jpg

#19 The ultimate truth...be it shopping or life
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-19-ultimate-truth.jpg

We exited the mall by evening, ofcourse with a boot full of goods

Wife: Smiling...It is good that I completed about 30% shopping
Me : 30 % only

Wife : yes, i will complete in next 2-3 days so that i can send it with you in the car back to bangalore.

Me :

Last edited by StarVegabond : 22nd May 2010 at 12:22.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

@STAR,
nice narration.

MBA[ more correctly, it should be home science course] is yearly study for me and today, i will complete this summer study.
The birthday cake on highway in the car[ oops, on the bonnet of car] is really suited for a bhpian like you.

I missed the b'day of my daughter and wife during this summer MBA and the description of the birthday is giving me some ideas to celebrate it again.

Looking forward for this nice story.

Btw, now i remember, i was supposed to post the home stay address at Mahabaleshwar, SORRY, i forgot.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd May 2010 at 12:28.
Old 22nd May 2010, 13:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@STAR,
nice narration.

MBA[ more correctly, it should be home science course] is yearly study for me and today, i will complete this summer study.
The birthday cake on highway in the car[ oops, on the bonnet of car] is really suited for a bhpian like you.

I missed the b'day of my daughter and wife during this summer MBA and the description of the birthday is giving me some ideas to celebrate it again.

Looking forward for this nice story.

Btw, now i remember, i was supposed to post the home stay address at Mahabaleshwar, SORRY, i forgot.
Thanks Ashish bhau, good to see that i have a company of people who are persuing 2 months MBA home sciences course. may be next year's course installment, we should network and do a project (travel, meet, camp, trek etc) together.

Do celebrate the bithrday of your dear ones asap. life is full of stressful moments. Finding some moments to rejoice together is devine feeling.

no probelms. the girls dropped the idea of going to Mahaby. They could not decide in time. Instead they decided to stay at one night at each other's home in Pune itself, saved money but had all the fun anyway.

Continuing with the story..

Day 3 in Mumbai was spent visiting the hospitalized aunt wh was suffering from blood cancer since last 3-4 years. She was in IIT Mumbai campus hospital, We could not visit her early becasue she was goign through some treatment on previous two day.

We found her cheerful and full of energy, She spoke with us at length about her daughter's wedding at Goa where we had driven to few months ago, etc. etc. She did not discuss anything about her health at all.

She was to get discharged from the hospital next day. She told us that she has organized a gettogether at her home two days later for all the relatives. My wife's uncle (the ailing lady's brother) and his family had come from Europe.

We were amazed with the dertermination to live the life to the fullest.
She was fighting the cancer all these years, underwent 5 chemotherapies, several radition theraphies etc etc. but the will to live was very strong, will to make the people around her happy, was very strong.

She will continue to remain a role model for both myself and my wife.
I will write about it as it happens..

Last edited by StarVegabond : 22nd May 2010 at 13:25.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Visit to the Belapur Concrete Jungle

Just like Bangalore has Bannerughatta National Park, Navi Mumbai has Belapur Concrete Jungle.

Fast growth of this suburb has been facinating as well as un-controlled.
City of 21st Century, as it is called Navimumbai has its head quarter at Belapur.

I was fortunate to have witnessed this growth of navi Mumbai from 1998 till now.

I moved to Navi Mumbai as default becasue

1. I got a new job in a leading gloabal company and brand which had many businesses, one among them was semiconductor business. I was alwasy facinated by semiconductors during my engineering days.

2. my father was having is official residence in Vashi, when he was posted in one of the branches of a leading nationalized bank in Mumbai.

in last 12 years Navi Mumbai has changed beyong recognition.
I moved to Bangalore way back in Aug 2006 (initially alone) and with family in March 2008, But my heart and house continues to be in (navi)Mumbai.

There was one place in Navi Mumbai we have never been to.
Yes, The hills behind Belapur-Kharghar.

this time we decided to check it out. We were joined by our friends, who had visited us during new year eve on our road trip to Coorg-Ooty-Coonoor-Mysore etc.

20 relook at the gang, ofcourse i am behind the camera.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-20-gang-year-end-trip.jpg

21 we are on our drive up the hill. this has a restricted entry. No entree fees is being charged.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-21-we-driving-uphill-car.jpg

22 View from the Top : Kharghar
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-22-view-top-kharghar-.jpg

23. Closer look at Karghar railway station. this is the first railway station probably in India with a on terrace car park.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-23-have-closer-look-kharghar-station.jpg

24 Look at Belapur Concrete Jungle
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-24-look-belapur-concrete-jungle.jpg

25, have a closer look, the animals in this jungle are increasing day by day
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-25-closer-look-concrete-jungle.jpg

26 this is what would have been Kharghar waterfall, but visible only during rainy season
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-26-what-would-kharghar-waterfall-only-rainy-season.jpg

27 there is an Agro tourism project site managed by an NGO, funded by GoI.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-27-agro-tourism-project-ngo.jpg

28 project site has a small pool for ducks
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-28-small-pool-ducks.jpg

29 and a home for ducks
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-29-home-ducks.jpg

30 and some phoren hens/birds
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-30-some-foreign-hens.jpg

31 A very transparent project, details published here
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-31-some-details-project.jpg

32 some details of ayurvedic medicine plants
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-32-some-details-ayurvedic-plants.jpg

33. A view of the town below from the project site
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-33-view-project-site.jpg

34 Ladies having a conversation while enjoying the view of the city
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-34-ladies-having-conversation-over-cup-herbal-tea.jpg

35 Sun is trying set, greenary has already set, would not return till rainy season
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-35-sun-trying-set.jpg

36 Sun is almost successful
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-36-he-almost-successful.jpg

We had our herbal tea and move to our car. the place seems to close after sun set. there is a board that state that they serve food, but we could not get any snacks etc. There is an ayurvedic doctor and some therapy massage etc is offered to the patients.

We drove back through the concrete city with several social animals crossing our path, they were so many that we did not find it interesting to take snaps of them.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 23rd May 2010 at 23:32.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Doing some Business along with Pleasure

on Monday (28th March), i received an SOS call from my Taiwan office.

One of our customer's engineer would travel to India for some field trials (of mobile devices) in Mumbai and Bangalore and i have to depute one of my team member along with him.

This was being discussed since 3 week's now, but the visit was getting postponed. now atlast the guy was traveling.

It was a very short notice, but i was anyway in mumbai, so i decided to take the plunge myself instead of asking a colleague to travel from bangalore for this work. Some hectic activity followed viz conference call to understand the plan, arrival schedule, making reservations for the hotel, arranging airport pickups, sending all the confirmation to the traveling engineers just before he boards his plane in Taipei.

The guy was coming to India first time, so arrival was some time in the midnight. He prompty called me once he checks into the hotel. Agreed to meet at his hotel next day morning.

here are some pictures from the hotel (closer to international airport in Mumbai) which was our virtual office for next 2-3 days.

37 artificial waterfall at the hotel
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-37-artificial-waterfall-hotel.jpg

38 trendy and modern lounge
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-38-trendy-lounge.jpg

39 some natural flowers
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-39-some-natural-flowers.jpg

40 some artificial ones
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-40-some-artificial-ones-too.jpg

41 winding stairs going down
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-41-winding-stairs-going-down.jpg

42 winding stairs going up
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-42-winding-stairs-going-up.jpg
Old 24th May 2010, 11:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Next 3 days were spent at work, arranging the SIM cards (it is a pain to get the SIM cards here. i had to submit all my address proofs to different operators). The Engineer did some static tests in the hotel room itself, but
some tests were dynamic and required us to drive out.

My ANHC and knowledge of Mumbai roads came into use. It was business with pleasure for us. We used to opportunity to let him visit some regular sights in Mumbai. I do not have much photos of these places with me as most photo's were taken using his camera.

One of these days we went to Powai Lake. My phone (and SIMcard) was free, so i took some pictures.

43 Field trial team at Powai lake
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-43-field-trial-team-powai-lake.jpg

44 Our customer's engineer
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-44-our-customers-engineer.jpg

45 the guy is taking some logs (but a different kind, not the ones T-BHPians take while they are on the road).
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-45-some-tests-logs.jpg

46. Now i present a panaromic view of Powai Lake. This is a poor attempt at stitching three pictures, i will try to do a better job some day.
Story of a Barbeque Summer : Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha.-46-powai-lake-panorama-crop.jpg

please ignore the color tone difference in the above picture.

MODS: sorry for back to back posts, i am uploading using a datacard, please merge this with previous post if required.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

@star, so you had 3 days of your vacation paid by your company?

I agree with you on shopping part, tough my wifey is not a spend thrift. They want to see everything in the floor though they not buy any. We people will be bored to death to have such shopping sprees.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:14   #45
BHPian

Very interesting read, keep adding more. And don't skip any detail of your MBA program

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks