Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 18:08   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
My Mother In Law does prepare good tasty Puttu, I am missing them. Here in Pune I have searched a lot to get that puttu powder but no go
You should try some places near the Ayyappa temple we have in Pune (one of the peths). When you enter there, it feels like you've entered Kerala.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Mother In Law does prepare good tasty Puttu, I am missing them. Here in Pune I have searched a lot to get that puttu powder but no go
Ranjith - We used to get this in Pimpri. There used to be a very small shop selling Kerala Pappads, Paratas, Puttu Powder, Kappa etc..Not sure if that shop is still around. This was about 9 years back. Alternate, i am sure you will find a shop in Dehu Road market. Like MX says, you should certainly find near one of the Peths or in the market near the Dehu Road Aiyappa teample.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:42   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the info MX, let me check the peths area.

@ jkrishnakj, sorry for talking , please contiune with the thread.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:43   #19
Team-BHP Support

Always good to look at the tea gardens. Nice snaps.
Ranjit, Thats a nice snap!
Old 21st May 2010, 18:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Day 2 continued.

The road towards mattupetty dam was good. Lots of curves, lots of views of tea plantations all around. We reached the place in good time, only to see so many cars and taxis parked around. The queue to pick up a ticket for boating was almost a mile long. We just hung around that place, tasted masala cashews, some snaps, nice hot cups of team and decided that we move further towards top point.

Roads again were beautiful. Some pictures.

Spotted elephants moving logs enroute to top point
Munnar - Quick write up and a few pics-enroute-top-point.jpg

The view from Top point.
Munnar - Quick write up and a few pics-view-top-point.jpg
There is an entrance fee for 5 Rs. and this path takes you a bit uphill and a rather long down hill. The views from this place was fantastic. The valleys of Cumbum, Theni and Bodi are visible from there. The walk back though was pretty tiring. It took us more than an hour to finish seeing all this.

We realised that this long walk made us rather hungry. Decided to go back to Munnar and check out some vegetarian hotel. ( all of us are vegetarians ). Had some real sad roti/rice/dal/sabzi kind of a thali in a decent looking restaurant. Forgot the name of this place. It was around 3.30 PM and we decided to call it a day.

Munnar - Quick write up and a few pics-valley-view-cottage.jpg
The drive back to the resort was good. The clouds were virtually planning to come onto the roads.

The view from our balcony again. This was late evening. Completely covered with clouds
Munnar - Quick write up and a few pics-weather-changing.jpg

In half hour, after a bit of a drizzle, the clouds disappeared.
Munnar - Quick write up and a few pics-changed-half-hour.jpg

Around 6.30 PM, it became really cold due to the light drizzle. We decided to have an early dinner and retire. We had a long drive back to Coimbatore for the next day followed with another drive to Bangalore the following day.

It truly was a good trip for us, with all our immediate family members.

I am yet to get into the habit of logging distances etc..perhaps, i shall be able to do so soon enough.

There is always a first time. The travelogue is a first. The trip to Munnar was a first for me as well.

Thanks for reading through this.

End.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:32   #21
BHPian

That was a great start jkrishnakj , I also hope your 800 obliged well in Munnar.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was a great start jkrishnakj , I also hope your 800 obliged well in Munnar.
Thanks Ranjith. The car behaved like a song throughout the 1000KM + journey. Pretty reliable. Mandovi motors at JP nagar did a quick check one day prior to this trip.

I didnt go about calculating the FE. All i remember is doing 3 tank fulls since i left Bangalore. I filled up again for the 4th time at Hosur, on our way back to Bangalore. The entire ride was with the A/C on.

I have been following the recent "Swifted" travelogue and am now planning a quick getaway the water falls.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Krishna - nice sweet log.
I've been to Munnar nearly 8 times now, but it never fails to charm. This year one visit is due

Most Viewed