Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Dude, faster, I am sure new scorpio's go faster
LOL! having trouble uploading pics. Will try to post it soon
Old 26th May 2010, 14:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to the Vaalparai pics.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:32   #19
BHPian

We started from salem around 11 and my friend was driving. when we were on edges of salem town, we saw the first accident of our trip. A scorp and pajero was standing in the middle of the road with scorp front was hanging over the rear of pajero. there was not much damage to pajero but the entire front left of scorpio was smashed. It had the crash bars and they were not even visible. It was a government vehicle and we saw a woman stepping out of the front seat without any injuries. And when i was about to start my lecture about the quality of scorp Vs pajero, we saw the front of pajero also smashed. I just have to pause it and i laughed to myself about how stupid it would have been if i praised pajero and find it with damaged front. We couldnt find the third vehicle though. This was enough to keep my friend in a safe speed but asusual after one hour of driving on the straight roads, he stopped the vehicle and gave it to my ex-driver. He will be the only person who never prefers to drive on good straight NH but takes the wheel the moment he sees any SH or traffic roads.

When we were close to coimbatore, we started to enquire about the route to pollachi and took a left before coimbatore. The route was bit crowded and we took our own time to reach pollachi. Filled the tank and started to ask directions for valparai. We had to take many diversions to get to the road which goes to valparai. There was bridge construction which was causing all these diversions. Everyone was so full that no one was interested for a lunch. Just a few snacks and drinks thats it.

We stopped by for a break just before climbing the hills and thats when it sparked to me, why not we drive the hills. Initially i was hesitant 'cos its my first drive in hills and doing 40 hair pins in rain with fully packed vehicle was bit too much to try. But one reason made all these thoughts to vanish. It is a scorp. All my drivings experience was in scorps and this reason alone made me to take the chance.

For the first few bends i followed a truck and tried to avoid facing any oncoming vehicles but slowly i gained confidence and overtook the truck and climbed without taking any risks. My ex-driver gave all the regular tips that i see in this forum and it helped immensely. When we started to climb, i had a deal with my friend that we will have 20 bends each, but in between for some reason he asked me to continue. You all should have seen my face. For me, it was more a sign that people inside the vehicle are not scared of my drive and i started to relax more than ever and drove with much freedom. Scorp has awesome pulling power. I never felt anywhere that the vehicle is fully loaded. It climbed effortlessly and you can feel the urge to push the vehicle for more.

It was really a memorable moment. You just climbed valparai for the first time and you see a wet green atmosphere around you. wow! i felt i have achieved the purpose of buying scorp. I was just too satisfied that I gave the vehicle back to my ex-driver and started to sit back and think about the climb. This is when i realised that it is already 4pm and we are still in valparai. We felt the place was too good and wanted to spend the night here and start early into the forest route. so we entered into vaalparai and started to look for rooms.

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000268.jpg

Towards pollachi. An usual pic that you would see in everyone's post

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000270.jpg

I never been to pollachi and i was pretty surprised to know that there are few places in tamilnadu which are so green.

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000271.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000276.jpg

Pollachi to valparai

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000277.jpg

On the way to valparai

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000283.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000287.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000294.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000304.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000314.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000323.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000324.jpg

Name:  DSC02367.JPG
Views: 991
Size:  255.8 KB

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-dsc02374.jpg

Towards valparai

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-dsc02375.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000327.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000330.jpg

Wet and green... what else you want in the hills?

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000334.jpg

Chennai to Alleppey in my new Scorp!-p1000336.jpg

Last edited by klassics45 : 26th May 2010 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks