Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 21:52   #76
BHPian

GABBARDAST!!!

wonderful going through the journey.. the ending has inspired me even more to do a trek like this. Although i'm not that fit.. (do i need a medical certificate?), i shall certainly go.

(read the G as first G in "changing")
Old 31st May 2010, 01:16   #77
BHPian

Simply brilliant Dheeraj. I was following it from the start and simply loved it. You rock! 5 stars to the thread.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Simply brilliant Deky ! This was a beautiful read with stunning images. Thanks for sharing your experience !
You welcome and thank you for the nice comments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
GABBARDAST!!!

wonderful going through the journey.. the ending has inspired me even more to do a trek like this. Although i'm not that fit.. (do i need a medical certificate?), i shall certainly go.

(read the G as first G in "changing")
Yes medical certificates are required before begining the trek. But for this particular trek, even if you moderately fit, you will do just fine. You just need to have the will to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Simply brilliant Dheeraj. I was following it from the start and simply loved it. You rock! 5 stars to the thread.
Thanks!!!
deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2010, 11:44   #79
BHPian

Simply amazing...deky....I can't thank you enough for writing such a beautiful trekalogue with pictures of breath-taking himalayan beauty. I have been feeling home sick lately (I live in auss) and your trekalogue has eased off the pain (or added fuel to the fire actually..lol). Now I strongly feel like going on a similar trek on my next visit to India but then I need to schedule a holiday in summer time....

regards
Punzabi
Old 31st May 2010, 12:44   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes I will return again to this inspiring and uplifting thread. Thanks Deky for sharing this journey with us.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:04   #81
BHPian

It was quite a scintillating experience going through your narrative and photographs. Another wonderful journey comes to an end.

Going through this log reminded me of a deeply thoughtful line by Hunter S. Thompson, edited a bit by me to stay in context of the log.

"And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of body and nature. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now you can go up on a steep mountain in Kullu valley and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can see the snowline - that place where the trek ended and we rolled back."
Old 31st May 2010, 13:05   #82
BHPian

Thanks Deky for the wonderful experience. I was transported to a different world while reading it. I will keep returning to this thread for the experience. Truly 5*.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:30   #83
BHPian

Wonderful write up and information Deky, You helped us with the info of YAHA as well.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:00   #84
BHPian

Simply awesome Dhiraj. It was one of the most amazing trekkologue that I have been through. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics and your experience with us. Really thinking about doing a similar trek in the near future. Thanks again.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

its so sad that all good things have to come to an end, i wished that this travelogue continued for a few more days.

Thanks Dhiraj, for daily dose of mesmerizing pictures and crisp narration to bring some more colors to our usual and boring lives.

Awesome, will wait for your next travelogue.

cheers
Old 31st May 2010, 18:49   #86
BHPian

Deky,

This one is really beyond our expectations. Amazing writeup with superb photographs!

What's your next destination?
Old 31st May 2010, 19:41   #87
BHPian

Mate, great ravelogue! and amazing pictures!
thanks for sharing
Old 1st June 2010, 13:27   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punzabi View Post
Simply amazing...deky....I can't thank you enough for writing such a beautiful trekalogue with pictures of breath-taking himalayan beauty. I have been feeling home sick lately (I live in auss) and your trekalogue has eased off the pain (or added fuel to the fire actually..lol). Now I strongly feel like going on a similar trek on my next visit to India but then I need to schedule a holiday in summer time....

regards
Punzabi
I am sure there are treks organised in winter's too ( foreigners prefer trekking in winters). You could google and I am sure you will find something

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Yes I will return again to this inspiring and uplifting thread. Thanks Deky for sharing this journey with us.
Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
It was quite a scintillating experience going through your narrative and photographs. Another wonderful journey comes to an end.

Going through this log reminded me of a deeply thoughtful line by Hunter S. Thompson, edited a bit by me to stay in context of the log.

"And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of body and nature. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now you can go up on a steep mountain in Kullu valley and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can see the snowline - that place where the trek ended and we rolled back."
You have edited it perfectly, you have portrayed exactly what I felt when I reached the top!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Thanks Deky for the wonderful experience. I was transported to a different world while reading it. I will keep returning to this thread for the experience. Truly 5*.
Its not me, its the beauty of Himalayas that transport you to a different world!! Thanks for the rating though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Wonderful write up and information Deky, You helped us with the info of YAHA as well.
Hey Ranjith, its YHAI. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Simply awesome Dhiraj. It was one of the most amazing trekkologue that I have been through. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics and your experience with us. Really thinking about doing a similar trek in the near future. Thanks again.
You welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
its so sad that all good things have to come to an end, i wished that this travelogue continued for a few more days.

Thanks Dhiraj, for daily dose of mesmerizing pictures and crisp narration to bring some more colors to our usual and boring lives.

Awesome, will wait for your next travelogue.

cheers
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Deky,

This one is really beyond our expectations. Amazing writeup with superb photographs!

What's your next destination?
Next destiantion is a family trip to Leh starting 23rd July. Yippeeee:P

But I have been offered a custom made trek to Mt. Everest base camp via Nepal. But that is possible only if I can gather enough participants for it. It will be an expensive affair, but definitely a trek of the life time. Lets see how the above trek works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Mate, great ravelogue! and amazing pictures!
thanks for sharing
Thanks Dude!!
Old 1st June 2010, 16:24   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Next destiantion is a family trip to Leh starting 23rd July. Yippeeee:P

But I have been offered a custom made trek to Mt. Everest base camp via Nepal. But that is possible only if I can gather enough participants for it. It will be an expensive affair, but definitely a trek of the life time. Lets see how the above trek works out.
Wow, chocolate bar in one hand and ice-cream in the other! And please pardon me for feeling a bit jealous bro. I am turning so green right now!

Wish you a fantabulous journey to either of the places.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

Har Ki Dun trek is in Uttaranchal and through Chakrata. Its different from the Sarahan-Sangla trek which is ofcourse in Himachal. Though there is one trek through Chanshal and Dodra Kawar area which goes on to Har Ki Dun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks