Team-BHP - Solo drive Chennai-Mumbai-Chennai, A decision made in split second
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Solo drive Chennai-Mumbai-Chennai, A decision made in split second (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/82204-solo-drive-chennai-mumbai-chennai-decision-made-split-second-6.html)

Doing rounds in Bangalore traffic is very painful..Every time i cross bangalore I experience that :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulkool (Post 1906346)

21st may 3:00am
Loaded everything into car and i was on the road around 4:40am.
=====

21st may 12:45PM
I am cruising on highway, there isn't much traffic. Reached chennai around 1:30am IIRC.

So total driving time on return journey was 17-18hours.

Total driving time of 21 hrs

He's not accounting the breaks. Anyway if he was on road from 4:40 till 12:45 am (not PM as he reported) next day, then it's 20 hours and 5 mins.
Plus he had breaks on the way. So justifies his 18 hours driving time.

^^ Yeah i meant total driving time. 1 hours for random breaks and ~2hours in Bangalore.

[quote=Rahulkool;1904565

I just asked him to come out of the car, closed the bonnet and drove away.

[/quote]

Classic reaction boss. Some times I wonder what these people are upto.

Sorry for OT:
I recently did a Chennai-Vijayawada solo drive in a friend's i10. He got transfered and was planning to ship the vehicle from CHN to HYD. I persuaded him to drive down instead. He couldn't come and I helped him as 'The Transporter' from CHN-VJA from where he picked up the vehicle. My dream was shortlived, literally till Nellore, as my Parents had come to NLR from VJA for some work. So, NLR-VJA was a family drive instead of a solo drive, ofcourse I drove teh 490 KMs (door to door) stretch. I was interesting though. Sorry, I couldn't post a travelogue and pics as I was just driving through and it is a short journey compared with others' here.

I envy you man for the loooong solo drive.

In some way I think it brings out the man in you. You will be subjected to some strange situations, you would witness some horrific incidents, you plan, you endure, you dare everything and all for enoying the drive. It is an experience to live for.

Congrats again bro!

I did the Mumbai- Bangalore - Coimbatore - Mysore - Bangalore - Mumbai trip.

I was taken aback that he got lost during his trip on 16th May from Bangalore to Mumbai. But I guess he missed the turn near Harihar and must have taken the straight road instead of taking the right turn near the end of the just completed double road.

I started on 14th May 2010 from Shanti Nagar Bangalore, at 6.00am. Decided to take the entry point of Nice Road near Mysore Road as I had to meet a person at Kengeri Satellite town.

Reached Kengeri at 6.38am and met him on the Mysore Bangalore Road and stopped for 10 mins. Reached NICE road entry point at 7.02 am and took the Nelmangala NH 4 Route. After stopping for the Reliance fuel (since I have diesel Innova) at Arishna Kunte Village Nelamangala, moved ahead.

At least four diversions have been removed upto Harihar from Chitradurga and it was a smooth drive upto Kolhapur which was a stopover for the next days' darshan of Mahalaxmi Goddess. Reached Kolhapur at 6.00pm that day.

The next day I had left Kolhapur at 10.15 am and reached Mumbai at Goregoan at 6pm. I had a halt of 15 mins at a Reliance Outlet at Pethnaka- 47KMS beyond Kolhapur towards Pune, a one hour halt for lunch near Pune and a 30 min coffee break at the Express way.

Since road construction work is on the way toward Airoli Toll gate, was slowed down and took one hour time to cover 30kms through JVLR to destination.

I guess since he had to leave abruptly, and was solo, he would have missed HVK logs which was very handy.

I would also recommend MAP MY INDIA navigator as its GPS connectivity was very good all along my drive to South India and I did not, fortunately, miss my way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by INNOWAGON_CL (Post 1917532)
I would also recommend MAP MY INDIA navigator as its GPS connectivity was very good all along my drive to South India and I did not, fortunately, miss my way.

Let me see my fortune, doing the same route on June 3rd and 4th week. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram (Post 1917664)
Let me see my fortune, doing the same route on June 3rd and 4th week. :thumbs up

Your fortune will hold good RR. With so much of background work, there should be no issues. Just take it as it goes and plan it session by session.
You have my number with you for any enroute query (and I have HVK's :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1917691)
You have my number with you for any enroute query (and I have HVK's :D)

Thanks MS. You been so much inspirational of my trip. :thumbs up

I am driving as planned on 4th June from Blr to Pune and back on 7th June and hopefully should be able to update you all in time!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 1918301)
I am driving as planned on 4th June from Blr to Pune and back on 7th June and hopefully should be able to update you all in time!!

Then definitely you are in for our tapri meet. We might not be in full strength. But we shall nevertheless meet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1918376)
Then definitely you are in for our tapri meet. We might not be in full strength. But we shall nevertheless meet!

Yes for sure :thumbs up! I guess it would my first T-bhp meet as well.
I'l keep a watch on the tapri meet thread through my mobile but if you could also please PM me your number, it would be helpful.

errr.... i forgot about the thread .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK (Post 1908434)
Classic reaction boss. Some times I wonder what these people are upto.

Sorry for OT:
I recently did a Chennai-Vijayawada solo drive in a friend's i10. He got transfered and was planning to ship the vehicle from CHN to HYD. I persuaded him to drive down instead. He couldn't come and I helped him as 'The Transporter' from CHN-VJA from where he picked up the vehicle. My dream was shortlived, literally till Nellore, as my Parents had come to NLR from VJA for some work. So, NLR-VJA was a family drive instead of a solo drive, ofcourse I drove teh 490 KMs (door to door) stretch. I was interesting though. Sorry, I couldn't post a travelogue and pics as I was just driving through and it is a short journey compared with others' here.

I envy you man for the loooong solo drive.

In some way I think it brings out the man in you. You will be subjected to some strange situations, you would witness some horrific incidents, you plan, you endure, you dare everything and all for enoying the drive. It is an experience to live for.

Congrats again bro!

Thanks buddy, actually i didn't had time to think about all that and thats the reason i did it hehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by INNOWAGON_CL (Post 1917532)
I did the Mumbai- Bangalore - Coimbatore - Mysore - Bangalore - Mumbai trip.

I was taken aback that he got lost during his trip on 16th May from Bangalore to Mumbai. But I guess he missed the turn near Harihar and must have taken the straight road instead of taking the right turn near the end of the just completed double road.

I started on 14th May 2010 from Shanti Nagar Bangalore, at 6.00am. Decided to take the entry point of Nice Road near Mysore Road as I had to meet a person at Kengeri Satellite town.

Reached Kengeri at 6.38am and met him on the Mysore Bangalore Road and stopped for 10 mins. Reached NICE road entry point at 7.02 am and took the Nelmangala NH 4 Route. After stopping for the Reliance fuel (since I have diesel Innova) at Arishna Kunte Village Nelamangala, moved ahead.

At least four diversions have been removed upto Harihar from Chitradurga and it was a smooth drive upto Kolhapur which was a stopover for the next days' darshan of Mahalaxmi Goddess. Reached Kolhapur at 6.00pm that day.

The next day I had left Kolhapur at 10.15 am and reached Mumbai at Goregoan at 6pm. I had a halt of 15 mins at a Reliance Outlet at Pethnaka- 47KMS beyond Kolhapur towards Pune, a one hour halt for lunch near Pune and a 30 min coffee break at the Express way.

Since road construction work is on the way toward Airoli Toll gate, was slowed down and took one hour time to cover 30kms through JVLR to destination.

I guess since he had to leave abruptly, and was solo, he would have missed HVK logs which was very handy.

I know its pretty lame, but i am terrible with routes and stuff, but again its added little more excitment to the whole trip lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 1918301)

Just saw your thread :)

Excellent travelogue. Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadracer (Post 1967891)
Excellent travelogue. Cheers.

thank man, just saw your post :)

Loved your travelogue - I did Mumbai to Chennai this January - solo. And am doing the Chennai to Mumbai route within the next ten days. I am actually planning to start a travelogue for it - something like an advanced travelogue! The last time I did this Chennai to Mumbai trip was in Feb 2008, in my Santro with my wife a full grown labrador!!! This time its going to be only me and my Verna!