Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 21:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

current status ie 5th june saturday

started from goa for delhi at 10 . 45 am and currently at mc donalds on the 2nd pit stop on mum-pune expressway. Having fun driving on the xpressway.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

Finally reached Delhi at 5:00 am today morning after 42 hours of almost non-stop Dash from Goa to Delhi.

I would be writing the entire TL over this week with details/numbers etc.

Here is one of my fav pics from this trip
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn1665-medium.jpg  

Old 7th June 2010, 16:36   #93
BHPian

amaaaaaazing TL bro !!

Your alto looks stunnig !!! Seems very tiring though..waiting for some more details on your TL.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Thanks..Lot of pending office work. Will restart the TL with more details.

Indeed it was very tiring but Loot of fun..
Old 7th June 2010, 23:35   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Thanks..Lot of pending office work. Will restart the TL with more details.

Indeed it was very tiring but Loot of fun..
Amazing trip,kudos for giving live updates and liked the' tropic of cancer' photo, wonder where it was taken?
Never realized an alto could take this kind of stress, must be no less than 4K kms in about 10 days?
Looking forward to a detailed travelogue.
Phew! to think that I thought long and hard for a day trip to Mysore and back in camry!
Old 8th June 2010, 09:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
Amazing trip,kudos for giving live updates and liked the' tropic of cancer' photo, wonder where it was taken?
Never realized an alto could take this kind of stress, must be no less than 4K kms in about 10 days?
Looking forward to a detailed travelogue.
Phew! to think that I thought long and hard for a day trip to Mysore and back in camry!
Thanks Sumeet. This photograph was taken between Gandhinagar ( gujrat ) and border of rajasthan ( on the way to Udaipur ).

Well i guessed it lived up to it's AD slogan "Lets go" and guess what it's 3 times turtle turned alto along with 3 more major nerve wrecking accidents. The total distance covered in about 10 days was 4800 kms with a non stop Del- Mum and non stop Goa- Del dash.

As far as your thought about doing a trip as short as BNG-Mysore is concerned..it should just be a cakewalk. Go for it if you've not tried it..after all you Just graduated as a BHPIAN with 25 posts
Old 8th June 2010, 09:45   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Here is one interesting accident that i shot for all the beer lovers. I actually forced my bro to get down and enquire what happened.

This was on the way from Ajmer to udaipur at around 3:00 pm. According to these guys the accident happened early morning and they were deployed to pick all the left over beer bottles called bullet..lol.

We jokingly asked them if we could get some but hearing that their main thekedar stared coming towards us and my bro was like let's go from here.

All right..now i'm going to get ready to push off for Pune..will keep posted on the proceedings enroute.
Since I'm back and have completed a major portion of my pending office work , here i go with the TL where i left it.

STILL DAY 1

Few facts

Jaipur-Ajmer Hwy is a dream.take a 1600+ cc Sedan and you would not even realise when it touches 140+ but my poor alto was cruising only at a comfortable speed of 100kmph with minor wobbles even though the balancing/alignment was done only a day earlier.

No rest rooms with WATER ( tried 3 of them ) , so better relieve yourselves before that or take a chance in one of the hotels/dhabas on the way ( i did not try them )

Nice place to take some pics as you're totally free even if you're driving .

It's an arrow straight Hwy ( have done it many times ) but this time had to do some wrong side driving due to road repair just 20-30 kms before Ajmer
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0714-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0718-medium-2.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0719-medium-2.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0720-medium-2.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0721-medium-2.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0722-medium-2.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0724-medium-2.jpg  

Old 8th June 2010, 10:10   #98
Senior - BHPian

Now it was time for the boys to take some casual pictures.

The first pit stop came after about 400 kms ( not that the alto drank all the 1400 bucks worth of gas but just to make sure that we don't run out of it ).

The Drive from Ajmer to Udaipur was one of the most boring ones with deadly heat ( thanks to alto for beating that ) , long arrow straight hwy with no challenges. All we could do was listen to some music and make fun of whatever came along our way.

ALSO A MAIN POINT OF DISCUSSION WAS WHAT WE SAW/WERE DOING/THINKING ETC WHEN WE WERE DOING THE SAME ROAD TRIP IN DEC 2008 - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lhi-spark.html

There are more deadlier/meaner/hotter pics/stories yet to come so hang in there while i take a short nap.
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0733-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0734-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0735-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0737-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0738-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry247-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry252-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry253-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry261-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry262-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry264-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry265-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry266-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry267-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry268-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 8th June 2010, 11:11   #99
BHPian

Wake up SID oops I meant Harish!

Keep the film rolling with pics and narrations
Old 9th June 2010, 05:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

DAY 1 contd..

4:00 pm in the scorching sun and we had been driving for about 7-8 hours and it was now time to feed our stomachs.

Bro insisted on trying out traditional food of rajasthan ( dal bati choorma - hope i got it right ). Stopped by at a decent looking dhaba to check out if they had it and to our luck they did.

Now my bowels had given up as there were no signs of a loo on the jaipur-ajmer hwy and i hoped that this place would but ALAS no water in the loo again and i could do very little but control it

Anyways since we were damn hungry but did not want to order extra food and waste it so ordered only 1 plate later to realise that having 2 plates would have been impossible.

The food was excellent followed by a cool lime soda. There were charpais lying there and we felt like taking a small nap but overcame the feeling as we did not want anything to stop us from doing this dash non-stop.

The owner of that Dhaba. He was very soft spoken and courteous on contrary to his looks. We also discussed his scorpios performance/usage etc while we were having lunch and he was more than happy to oblige by giving out the details.
Name:  DSCN0739 Medium.JPG
Views: 1850
Size:  54.6 KB

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0742-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0743-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry269-medium.jpg
Tripling on the Hwy and overtaking @ around 80 kmph like nobodys business lol
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry270-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry271-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry272-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry274-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry275-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry276-medium.jpg
Turn left for the Expressway..yippee
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry278-medium.jpg

Nostalgia - Refuelling on the Ahmedabad expressway. Check the next pic
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry285-medium.jpg

Had refuelled spark at the same petrol pump when i did the same trip back in 2008
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-100_1774.jpg
Old 13th June 2010, 17:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the delay in the TL.

DAY 2 contd..

My bro was insisting on taking a stopover but i decided against it and he agreed. So we drove all night and thanks to HV for giving us the online info on the Jam at the Narmada river.

We took turns to drive , and as contrary to the belief that the co-driver should not sleep as the driver might feel sleepy but we broke that belief as we both trust each other completely when it comes to hwy driving.

After driving whole night we reached VAPI and were reaaally hungry and were not able to spot any eating joints throughout GJ. Finally spotted a McD but sadly it was closed.

To our lcuk 100 kms from MH we found this quite happening restaurant with all cars parked and zing bang and had wonderful Vada pao's and dhokla for breakfast.

Here are some good/bad pics taken by me

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0749-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0750-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0751-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0752-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0753-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0754-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0755-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0756-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0757-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0758-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0759-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0760-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0761-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0762-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0763-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0764-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0765-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0766-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0767-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0768-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0769-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0770-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0771-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0772-medium.jpg

Name:  DSCN0773 Medium.JPG
Views: 1705
Size:  104.7 KB

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0774-medium.jpg
Wake up SID style..
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0775-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0776-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0777-medium.jpg
Old 13th June 2010, 17:24   #102
Senior - BHPian

Anam Restaurant is in Vapi? Where exactly?
Old 13th June 2010, 17:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Finally after driving continuously for about 26 hours with about Rs 1000 worth of toll and Rs 4000 worth of Petrol we finally reached our destination.

We had already started getting phone calls from mom and dad checking about our whereabouts and we were like we're about to reach so don't worry.

Took some nice pics of the hwy as we neared the MUMBAI CITY

First glimpse of the sun in my RVM
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry291-medium.jpg
Chassis tedhi hai...
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry294-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry295-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry298-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry300-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry301-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry302-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry303-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry304-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry305-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry306-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry307-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry309-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry310-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry311-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry312-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry313-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry315-medium.jpg
First glimpse of MUM
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry318-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry319-medium.jpg

Name:  Harry320 Medium.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  53.8 KB

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry321-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry322-medium.jpg

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry323-medium.jpg
Soon after reaching the Mumbai highrise where my cousin lived
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry324-medium.jpg
Old 13th June 2010, 17:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Anam Restaurant is in Vapi? Where exactly?

No sir it was ahead of VAPI , it was exactly 100 kms from MUM on the Hwy. There were tons of cars parked there for Breakfast.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:00   #105
Senior - BHPian

DAY 3..

I was so tired on DAY 2 that i slept till the evening and had a blast in the night ( something that i can't mention here/post pics ) as all my cousins had reached mumbai for the brahmopdesham + family reunion.

After a long night partying and a target of waking up early morning i was again dead tired at 6:00 am on 3rd day.

My cousin had booked a Bus for the brahmopdesham ( Munji as they call in Konkani ) and i did not leave any moment in taking pics of the high rises in Mum and other interesting things.

This ceremony went on till about 3:00 pm and i was honestly bored to death as it's tough for me to go through all the religious formalities.

Here are few pictorials
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0854-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0855-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0856-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-dscn0857-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry330-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry331-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry332-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry333-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry334-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry335-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry336-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry337-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry338-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry339-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry340-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry341-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry342-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry343-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry345-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry347-medium.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry348-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed