Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Due to lot of family functions and lack of time/internet connectivity and sleep i have not been able to update this thread at all.

Well we went to Matheran yesterday for a family day spend in 2 cars. It was a lovely place with lot of greenery an mountains. Reached back home late last night and woke up a while back.

Since i have extended my leaves so i'm now planning to head towards Pune at around 12:00 noon for a day spend there.

I also wanted to know if going from Pune to JAISALMER would be a good option or not considering that i have leaves only till this Sunday.

Anyone who's done this stretch along with details of time/viability etc.

Please help!!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Awesome trip Harish...Had done the same stretch earlier this year. Checked out the snaps and relived some of the moments again..Thanks
That's cool. Did you do the Delhi - Mum or like Bang- Mum trip because i see that you're from Bangalore. Saw a milestone on the way to Matheran yesterday reading Bangalore as 1000 kms..Am i correct?? Is that the distance from bangalore to Mum??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhap View Post
hey can u give the break up timings of the journey? how much time did it take for the major stretches....delhi -udaipur, udaipur-ahmedabad , ahmedabad - mumbai?
Sure - Delhi to Udaipur was around 12 hours
Udaipur to Ahmedabad was around 4 hours
Ahmedabad to Mum - Around 10 hours

The toughest one in terms of us stretching was from Ahmedabad to Mum as we were very tired but the road was a dream on that stretch

These are just the approximate timings that i noted here.
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

I'll quickly go through the series of event and let the photographs do the talking.

Some pics were just taken for fun and i was specially take the pics from my phone on the .30 mp mode instead of the 3mp or 5mp as i was planning to keep uploading the pics and updating the TL as we were moving but there were lot of challenges in terms of connectivity due to which i could not upload the pics / update on a real time basis.

There were lot of pics taken through the digicam as well but i currently don't have it handy so just posting the pics taken from my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry225.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry230.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry232.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry233.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry234.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry235.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry236.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry238.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry241.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry242.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry243.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 2nd June 2010, 09:58   #79
BHPian

It was great reading your travelogue, I hope to do this trip in the near future in my vista
something like mumbai-delhi & beyond (not yet decided but up north for sure)- delhi-mumbai.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

schitre05 - Thanks , hope to see your TL soon. Do contact me if you need any additional info.

Here are few more pictures enroute. The road from Jaipur to Ajmer was arrow straight with so much heat ( we realised that when we got out the car to relieve ourselves ).

People doing this strect for the first time please beware that you would come across public toilets but with not even a single drop of water there so be careful..lol
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry245.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry246.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry250.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry251.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry252.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry254.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2010, 10:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Here is one interesting accident that i shot for all the beer lovers. I actually forced my bro to get down and enquire what happened.

This was on the way from Ajmer to udaipur at around 3:00 pm. According to these guys the accident happened early morning and they were deployed to pick all the left over beer bottles called bullet..lol.

We jokingly asked them if we could get some but hearing that their main thekedar stared coming towards us and my bro was like let's go from here.

All right..now i'm going to get ready to push off for Pune..will keep posted on the proceedings enroute.
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry255.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry256.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry257.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry258.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry260.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 2nd June 2010, 13:10   #82
BHPian

Hey, you were taking pictures while driving? We are waiting for rest of the snaps and a detailed TL including Matheran, Pune and Jaisalmer.

OT: Just saw your number of posts (786).

Last edited by Irish : 2nd June 2010 at 13:11.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:42   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hey, you were taking pictures while driving? We are waiting for rest of the snaps and a detailed TL including Matheran, Pune and Jaisalmer.

OT: Just saw your number of posts (786).
i did take many pics while driving..im kind of used to it and the roads were completely empty giving me the complete chance to click pics.

Like i said earlier iv been getting very litttle desktop time to write and upload pics due to lot of functions. Most of my posts and pics were posted from the fone including this one.

Thanx for telling me bout the 786 posts things..its indeed a lucky number.

Current status - im on mum-pune expressway enjoying the drive and the view. Jaiselmer plan is cancelled and i would be moving to goa early morning tommorrow. Cheers
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:08   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
All right..now i'm going to get ready to push off for Pune..will keep posted on the proceedings enroute.
@ Harishnayak, get some pics on mumbai-pune express way and if you are doing it for the first time you would love this stretch.

Same happened with me when I did mumbai this weekend. Road are super cool, excellent view of Lonavala. Tolls a bit costly (Rs 145 + Rs 84) only for the express way but worth the money.

Note :- you are not supposed to stop you car on most of the roads in expressway watch out sign boards are already there.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:21   #85
BHPian

NH4 or NH17?

Enjoy your Pune to Goa trip and Goa as well. Will you be going directly from Pune to Goa
1. on the NH4 ( Pune-Satara-off Kolhapur-Nipani-Tavandi-Ajara-Amboli-Sawantwadi-NH17 to Goa), or
2.on the NH17

I ask this because I plan to do the Mumbai-Goas trip in August and would like to get an idea of the road ( and traffic and restaurant) conditions enroute, on both the routes, viz. NH4 and NH17, in order to choose the preferred route.

Regards
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:10   #86
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Have you crossed Hinjewadi? We can meet up if you are near Hinjewadi.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
@ Harishnayak, get some pics on mumbai-pune express way and if you are doing it for the first time you would love this stretch.

Same happened with me when I did mumbai this weekend. Road are super cool, excellent view of Lonavala. Tolls a bit costly (Rs 145 + Rs 84) only for the express way but worth the money.

Note :- you are not supposed to stop you car on most of the roads in expressway watch out sign boards are already there.
Im doing this for the 2nd time , the first time was when i drove all the way to goa in my spark. I took loooots of pics on this stretch , will post them as soon as i get the pics out of my fone/cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Enjoy your Pune to Goa trip and Goa as well. Will you be going directly from Pune to Goa
1. on the NH4 ( Pune-Satara-off Kolhapur-Nipani-Tavandi-Ajara-Amboli-Sawantwadi-NH17 to Goa), or
2.on the NH17

I ask this because I plan to do the Mumbai-Goas trip in August and would like to get an idea of the road ( and traffic and restaurant) conditions enroute, on both the routes, viz. NH4 and NH17, in order to choose the preferred route.

Regards
Thanks. I''ll be mostly taking NH17 and will post the enroute details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Have you crossed Hinjewadi? We can meet up if you are near Hinjewadi.
oops just saw your post. I was literally harrassed upon reaching pune due to the directions. I was supposed to go to Magarpatta and checked with atleast 10 people and evry1 gave different directions. Crossed the hwy and rchd pune at 4:30 pm and reached my friends place at 6:40..it took me almost the same time to reach magarpatta what it took me from Mum to pune.

Currently im chilling on the 10th floor of his apartment here. It's really a nice place.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Here's onee of the latest pics on my way to Pune
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi on my Alto ( with some live updtes - hopefully )-harry497.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 00:37   #89
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@harishnayak. Just checked you post. I've pm-ed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Tolls a bit costly (Rs 145 + Rs 84) only for the express way but worth the money.

Ranjith. One can always stop there in case of emergency, provided the proper procedures are followed.
And the toll is only 140. Guess you paid 84 again at the second toll booth. If you pay 140 at the first toll booth, all you needed to do was just show the receipt at the next one. The 84 is the fee for people joining in the e-way from lonavala.
It happens. But next time don't end up paying multiple tolls.

Last edited by MX6 : 3rd June 2010 at 00:43.
Old 3rd June 2010, 03:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@harishnayak. Just checked you post. I've pm-ed you.

Hey MX , i've sent you a Pm and a Text too.

Ranjith. One can always stop there in case of emergency, provided the proper procedures are followed.
And the toll is only 140. Guess you paid 84 again at the second toll booth. If you pay 140 at the first toll booth, all you needed to do was just show the receipt at the next one. The 84 is the fee for people joining in the e-way from lonavala.
It happens. But next time don't end up paying multiple tolls.
I agree , it was a toll of only Rs 140.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks