Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 17:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ha. Brings back good old memories. Did my school in Nagarcoil and I and my friend used to go fishing in the lakes/ponds by the railway lines at Parvatipuram. Never realised the beauty of the place till I moved out of Nagarcoil. Thanks mysticeyes!!
Old 4th June 2010, 20:23   #17
BHPian

'tree lined avenue'

This is an amazing capture Mysticeyes. Lovely road and a heavenly roadside
Old 7th June 2010, 00:33   #18
BHPian

Really enjoyed reading this Mysticeyes, especially the interlacing of the songs in your travelogue. Considering this as a pre-cursor, I'm really looking forward to reading your daytime drive through TN. Keep 'em coming.

Last edited by thangu : 7th June 2010 at 00:35.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangu View Post
Really enjoyed reading this Mysticeyes, especially the interlacing of the songs in your travelogue. Considering this as a pre-cursor, I'm really looking forward to reading your daytime drive through TN. Keep 'em coming.
glad you liked it buddy. even I can't wait for the trip day to arrive something really pulling the chord inside me for the exploration of TN. I might b a mallu, but I seem to be hopelessly in love with rural TN.

as for the songs, there are more countless songs which captures the beauty of TN..Imagine how wonderful it would be spend a lazy day in a hammock stretched between palm trees beneath the towering ghats, with the cool breeze all over, watching the paddy fields sway to the tune of the breeze, listening to the giggles of the kids playing in the pond nearby..pure bliss. that thought along echoes the song

"poongaatru thirumbumaa en paatta virumbumaa
thaalaatta madiyil vechchup paaraatta
enakkoru thaay madi kedaikkumaa..

raasaavae varuththamaa aagaayam surungumaa
aengaadhae adha olagam thaangaadhae
adukkumaa sooriyan karukkumaa.."

in the eyes of storm - driving through nanguneri
Old 7th June 2010, 12:09   #20
BHPian

though I could not understand the songs, enjoyed your writing. Will wait for travelogue, as the prelude itself is too good, and you also have lovely stock of photographs.
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
While I was going thru this log, 'Windy town' was playing in my backgroun(thanks for remnding me of such a beautiful song). I had a nice trip ..keep 'em coming !
Tuesday (24/08) is the day..long awaited day for the trip to interior tamilnadu..had been planning for this day for long now and its all fixed. couple of my friends had a short trip to thuckalay, nagercoil region yesterday and all came back dazed with 1 statement - TAMILNADU IS BEAUTIFUL IN THIS SEASON

OT- you can check out chris rea's other songs like 'curse of the traveler', 'texas', 'sweet summer days' etc. these are some of his pretty good travel songs

Most Viewed