Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 15:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Its very much possbile to go in the morning and come back the same day as the journey won't take more than 2-3 hours.
JLR does have a day package which includes lunch,sight seeing and some other activities. I think they charge close to Rs.750 per head for that. The contact information is mentioned in their website. You can call them up and get the details. They're pretty courteous and professional. But make sure to book in advance as they don't have spot bookings at the resort.

P.S : Give the overnight stay a shot as the real beauty of the jungle comes out during the night.
Quote:
@rejoycjohn,
I was there on 4th july and opted for a day package. It costs Rs.1000 per head, below 5yrs no cost, childrens above 5yrs Rs.500 per head. It includes a welcome drink, a small trek, lunch, Corcale ride, snacks and coffee/tea. All this would be from 10 am to 5 pm. It was pretty neatly organised also.
Here is the link to JLR.
Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays
@atrisarkar , Let me see if I can try out the night stay . Thanks for the information in between .
@rk_sans ,
Thats a very updated information .Thanks for that . Sounds interesting too .
In between , do they provide an accomodation to change / to relax ?

I shall call them up and get the booking done .
Old 14th July 2010, 18:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn;
1981765@rk_sans ,
In between , do they provide an accomodation to change / to relax ?
Somehow we did not feel for a separate accomodation to relax as there were lots of hammocks, where you can rest.
Old 16th August 2012, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Re: Cauvery Calling : Figo's first weekend trip to Bheemeshwari.

Hi,

How is the road condition to Bheemeshwari now? And what route is preferred. I am fine with longer route but would want roads to be fairly motorable (30-40kmph).

Cheers!
~maniac
Old 4th January 2016, 20:05   #19
BHPian

Posting this for the welfare of all people who are planning to visit this place.

Had been here yesterday and the roads are in a absolute pathetic condition. The Jungle resort too doesn't offer day packages now. The in-charge personnel was quoting 5 star rates for a nights stay.

You should seriously consider giving this place a miss and avoid spoiling your holiday.
Old 5th January 2016, 09:15   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
Had been here yesterday and the roads are in a absolute pathetic condition.
Did you take the Sathanur road or went via Halagur? Sathanur was bad even before.

Quote:
The Jungle resort too doesn't offer day packages now. The in-charge personnel was quoting 5 star rates for a nights stay.
You can just make nice drive via Halagur-Bheemeshwari-Muthati-Sathanur and back.

Here is a snap taken last year when Cauvery was flowing in full flow.

Old 9th January 2016, 23:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you take the Sathanur road or went via Halagur? Sathanur was bad even before.

You can just make nice drive via Halagur-Bheemeshwari-Muthati-Sathanur and back.
Sir, I took NH209 (Kanakpura road) -->deviation from highway into Sathanur -->Muthati --> Bheemeshwari.

I am sure my car cursed me all the way once I exited NH209 from Sathanur. I don't think its actually worth it to travel all the way till there just to view the glimpse of the river. And we all know the state of traffic on Sarjapur road

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks