Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2019, 15:59   #451
BHPian

Re: My Egypt Days : Photologue

We had applied for the Egyptian visa from Delhi and got it in about 2 weeks through a travel agency. This was in October 2018. Other friends applied directly to the Egyptian consulate in Mumbai and got it in less than 5 days. The Evisa is applicable only for tour groups and not for individuals.
Applying for the Egyptian visa is a straight forward process. You need to have hotel bookings and return tickets as well as bank statements for the last 6 months and also IT returns of the last 3 years.
Old 11th October 2022, 13:25   #452
BHPian

Can someone advise on the procedure for e-visa to Egypt and documents to submit. Most online information seem to be for the regular consulate based submission which includes submitting a leave letter from the employer
Old 17th October 2022, 12:39   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Can someone advise on the procedure for e-visa to Egypt and documents to submit. Most online information seem to be for the regular consulate based submission which includes submitting a leave letter from the employer
Hello SR-71,

The e-Visa portal for Egypt is "www.visa2egypt.gov.eg". However, e-Visas for Indian nationals are not available unless you are travelling in a group or you have a guarantee of a authorized travel agent in Egypt.

I have been trying to get one online since six (6) months now unfortunately it doesn't work.

For offline visa, contacting the Egyptian Embassy in Delhi Facebook page will help as they are active and update information for the visas regularly.

Hope this helps!
nbk.0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 19:05   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbk.0707 View Post
Hello SR-71,

The e-Visa portal for Egypt is "www.visa2egypt.gov.eg". However, e-Visas for Indian nationals are not available unless you are travelling in a group or you have a guarantee of a authorized travel agent in Egypt.

I have been trying to get one online since six (6) months now unfortunately it doesn't work.

For offline visa, contacting the Egyptian Embassy in Delhi Facebook page will help as they are active and update information for the visas regularly.

Hope this helps!
Thanks this does help. I had to postpone my Diwali week travel plans as there was no clear information forthcoming from any of the websites. I was avoiding travel agents as I like to stick to a particular airlines and hotel chain. I was planning to use them only for the tours in and around Cairo. I am continuing to work on the visa, and I will update once I am successful with a solution. It seems to be quite convoluted as you rightly pointed out.

Last edited by SR-71 : 17th October 2022 at 19:07.
Old 9th May 2023, 13:24   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am continuing to work on the visa, and I will update once I am successful with a solution. It seems to be quite convoluted as you rightly pointed out.
SR-71, was there any luck on your E - Visa quest?

From TripAdvisor and similar sources, noticed that there are few who got the visa online and visited without facing any issues overall. However, the suggestion was to go for a letter via any travel agent.
Old 19th June 2023, 10:59   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

An update on Egypt visa.

E visa is available for Indian passport holders. Only catch is, you need to have a letter from an Egyptian travel agency that the tour is booked through them.

To clarify the tour part mentioned, you need not book the entire package. What can be done is, just get Cairo sightseeing and preferably airport pickup through a tour agent. They will give a letter mentioning the same and that can be shown at immigration if requested.

My brother and mother visited Egypt this way, with airport pickup, the travel agent was there at aerobridge exit (not the exit of airport), he was able to guide them to immigration.

They didnt even check the EVisa at immigration, just stamped the passport and let through. I feel this option works cheaper and easier if anyone wants to visit Egypt than getting a proper sticker visa from embassy.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:42   #457
BHPian

Thanks for the update Suhas. Please share a trip report with information on stay and local travel and how much they cost. It will be helpful to those planning a trip
Old 5th July 2023, 11:57   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
It will be helpful to those planning a trip

They have finished their trip, have mentioned the visa details here (Advice for Visas & Interviews).
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks