Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Riju, these 'lah lah' conversations are leaving me ROFLMAO
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:32   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Ooh Lah Lah !

Riju, next time you forget the SLR at home, pls go back to pick it up before you continue on your visits.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:51   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
oh lah,
you got very good deal lah.

For putrajaya trip, we paid rm 55 per person for putrajaya, kings palace, bird park, merdeka square and drop point of central market for 7 hour trip included all waiting time.

Though putrjaya is modern place, i find it too small to explore.
I skipped the bird park since we had seen enough birds in Jurong. Merdeka square was hosting a rock show when we went there.Apparently the whole deal turned out to be really cheap coz at the end of the trip I checked the teksi meter and it was at 121 Ringgits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
16.jpg is brilliant. The depth of view!
Thanks lah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Awesome Riju, these 'lah lah' conversations are leaving me ROFLMAO
addy the lah wouldn't go off my tongue even for a week after my trip. I was so used to the lah that at every instance I spoke to someone in Malaysia , the sentence would end with a lah. uggghhh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ooh Lah Lah !
Riju, next time you forget the SLR at home, pls go back to pick it up before you continue on your visits.
Parwath try lugging one around when you are on a trip like this , you will agree with me. BTW some of the pics were shot using the DLSR. I had mounted the wide angle and left it there. Dint want to take the trouble of changing lenses. Dust on the sensor is the biggest problem and the camera had quite a bit of it already.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:18   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju, I hear ya. My cam bag is often the biggest thing I have carried when I have stepped out of the car. And I am not even including the tripod.

Still feel that the DSLR & a prime are important - than miss opportunities of good shots.
Old 24th July 2010, 00:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

Mr.Becker takes us to a view point someplace in the city where we can see the KL Tower and the Petronas Twin Towers. But the drive to this place is no different from the chaos in Bangalore. Mr.Becker finds a parking slot and asks us to go check the view. I quickly jump out of the teksi and take about 2/3 pics. This place makes for a good shot of both the towers in the night.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-1.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-2.jpg

We hop back into the car and are shown the old railway station and a few other places. By now both of us are equally tired coz of all the walking in Putrajaya. However Mr.Becker insists we go and see Jalan Masjid India and then get back to the hotel.

Spot the Premier Auto's RIO based on which our Xylo 4x4 is being designed.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-8.jpg

We reach Merdeka square and our beloved guide tells us that the shops around Jalan Masjid India is the best place to pick up Batik and Sarongs for cheap. Wifey is already smiling in glee and I knew I was in for a long walk again along the by-lanes.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-3.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-4.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-5.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-6.jpg

With no choice I get off the teksi and start the daunting task of lugging my bag and accompanying her. It takes an hour before we get back to the teksi and Mr.Becker has no complaints and is waiting for us.

There's a music concert being held at Merdeka square and nothing worth a visit at this place, apart from India Masjid and some window shopping.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-7.jpg

He drops us off at our hotel and the meter reads 121 Ringgits. I pay him an extra 20 ringgits as a sign of my gratitude for the lovely day he gave us and bid our adieus. This is our last evening at KL and tomorrow we take our flight back to Singapore. By about 6pm we step out of the hotel and head to Low Yat Plaza and one last trip to Bukit Bintang Plaza.

We pay a quick and last visit to get a glimpse of the Petronas towers, I really dint want to miss it.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-dsc_7551-medium.jpg

By now its 10pm and I remember this hotel that Ashish had mentioned in his travelogue,the same Pakistani restaurant and I decide to check out the place. I simply wanted to see how they reacted to an Indian there. Step in and we are greeted by a young lad who is very courteous. Take our seats and we are told its a buffet and that we gotto choose our food and that we will be charged on what we consume.

I was wondering to myself what kinda buffet is this, wherein there is no fixed price and you pay for what you eat. Who cares, I couldn't resist the temptation to have some beef biriyani with some Malaysian cuisine .The two of us had a sumptuous meal and 2 cans of coke. The total bill was 21 Ringgits, boy that was cheap now. The young lad comes back and asks in Hindi " sir khana acha thaa" ? I said yeah delicious and we walked out of the place. Its a short walk back from here to our hotel and we crash by 12am or so.

Next morning its again the same fiasco with the teksi drivers for a drop off to KL Sentral. The same old convo

Me : How much for 2 people to KL Sentral ?
Teksi : Too much traffic lah give me 25 ringgits.

Ok next teksi,and this goes on for about 4/5 teksi's who pull over.

Me: how much lah to KL Sentral
Teksi : 20 Ringgits.
Me : Listen I paid only 13 Ringgits when I came here. I will give you 15 Ringitts , wanna come ?
Teksi driver : Ok lah come I will drop you.

Great and in 10 mins time we are in KL Sentral. Pick up tickets for the Aero bus at 8 Ringitt each and in an hours time we are KLIA. En route the bus takes a deviation and is directed thru some road right next to the Sepang Circuit. I smiled at the very thought of that epic travelogue here on tbhp where we learned Terima Kasih .

Our flight is on time and bid our final adieu to KL hoping that next year we can visit Langkawi.

Whats a Malaysian travelogue without terima kasih ? No offense to anyone but every place I saw this I couldn't resist laughing.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-9.jpg

That brings us to the end of my travelogue and thanks to everyone for going thru it.
Old 24th July 2010, 07:11   #96
BHPian

@rjstyles69: Lovely pics and one of the best travelogues on Singapore and Malaysia on this forum.
Old 24th July 2010, 08:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Nice log RJ.

So, where and when is the next log coming!
Old 24th July 2010, 11:19   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
By now its 10pm and I remember this hotel that Ashish had mentioned in his travelogue,the same Pakistani restaurant and I decide to check out the place.

I smiled at the very thought of that epic travelogue here on tbhp where we learned Terima Kasih .
Whats a Malaysian travelogue without terima kasih ? No offense to anyone but every place I saw this I couldn't resist laughing.
Good to know that you had good time at that pakishani restaurant.
Cause of that courtesy may be due to their business is going on downward side by posting of my experience here on team-bhp.

By now, i hope, everyone who read the travelstory to Malaysia know ''Terima Kasih.''

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th July 2010 at 11:22.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
@rjstyles69: Lovely pics and one of the best travelogues on Singapore and Malaysia on this forum.
Thanks Rufus am humbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Nice log RJ.
So, where and when is the next log coming!
Anna a few of us here aren't as lucky as you are to do official foreign trips and write travelogues . However the next trip is still undecided.

Quote:
By now, i hope, everyone who read the travelstory to Malaysia know ''Terima Kasih.''
Whats a Malaysian trip without the use of that word ?
Old 26th July 2010, 16:12   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

But Riju, did you find out if they do or dont dont say " Terima Kasih Lah " ?

May be time for you to go back & find out ?
Old 26th July 2010, 16:28   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But Riju, did you find out if they do or dont dont say " Terima Kasih Lah " ?

May be time for you to go back & find out ?

vendor at sentral market.: Teri-ma-ka-sih for buying this stuff from me.

customer: Thank you!!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 26th July 2010 at 16:33.
Old 26th July 2010, 17:12   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of us have no experience of Malaysia: Please explain!
Old 26th July 2010, 17:20   #103
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles69 , lovely pics and well-written travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I guess the part that you dont understand (''...Terima Kasih..'') has more to do with India than Malaysia .
Old 26th July 2010, 17:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But Riju, did you find out if they do or dont dont say " Terima Kasih Lah " ? May be time for you to go back & find out ?
Quote:

vendor at sentral market.: Teri-ma-ka-sih for buying this stuff from me.

customer: Thank you!!!
Well even before they got there, every time I got abused by a shopkeeper for bargaining(trust me they do it there) at the end of the convo' I made it a point to say terima kasih the indian way .
Most of it transpired at Petaling Street where bargaining was at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
thad you might want to check with one of your friends who knows Hindi as to what it means. Cant be explained on the forum for obvious reasons .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 26th July 2010 at 17:25.
Old 26th July 2010, 21:49   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks all... The Hindi has been explained to me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks