Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:09   #31
BHPian

Day 2 Pics continue..

We saw a small temple on a uniquely shaped hill top. It was Maa Keladevi temple. Just pulled to the left for 2 min and took a few snaps, posted here. It was between Amanganj - Katni at a place called Powai (24 kms after Amanganj) in MP on that SH.
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04817.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04821.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04822.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2010, 16:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

You can read about our drive on the Chhatarpur-Panna-Amanganj-Katni road in the following threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1697490-post51.html

Old 3rd July 2010, 16:11   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful photos. And your daughter looks really sweet! And yes, MP roads are improving. I didn't expect the newly laid NH3 to Indore (the toll road) to be a belter. Further there was road work going on between Indore and Ujjain as well. And the roads from Ujjain till Burhanpur through Omkareshwar was terrific.

Unoczar. What happened to your Maharashtra trip? You were planning to take the train or bus I guess. Or did you drive down?

Last edited by MX6 : 3rd July 2010 at 16:14.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:20   #34
Team-BHP Support

HVK, now I remember that road. I kind of remember reading about it some where.
Did not realize it was you and BT who went through that route!
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:27   #35
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Nice start LDL. Was waiting for your TL to start. I am hooked.
A query, Why was the luggage on the top. I suppose it could have easily get accommodated at last row ?

v&v
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:29   #36
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Nice start LDL. Was waiting for your TL to start. I am hooked.
A query, Why was the luggage on the top. I suppose it could have easily get accommodated at last row ?

v&v
The luggage went on top so that every morning it's an excercise for LDL, pumping blood all around, waking him up, after which he had a couple of tropicanas to energise himself!

Jokes apart, he did mention that he wanted to create sleeping space for his family!
And who knows? Since he drove through hyderabad, he might have had a wild idea of taking Mazhar along from there.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Travelers : Lucknow ke Nawab with Family (picture of the princes disclosed already)
Chariot's name : Tata Safari (Black Tigress)
Sarathi's name : Long Drive Lover
Duration of Trip : 20 Days
Places visited : South India

2 travel related posts by the author till now, 32 other posts, Three 5 star ratings, several "travel pundits" have predicted a mega 5 star travelogue.

Forget MX6, this log seems to have motivated even HVK to post the pictures

I am hooked, subscribing to the thread.

Hi LDL, Your passion for road trip alone deserves an applause

Last edited by StarVegabond : 3rd July 2010 at 16:40.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
MP roads are improving.
Yes, MP is really improving its roads. NH3 is much better nowadays. It is being 4-laned from the MH border (complete from Damnod to Dewas via Indore). Even terrible roads like Khandwa-Hoshangabad are good. It is great that the Panna-Katni road looks good as it did 6 months ago.
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Travelers : Lucknow ke Nawab with Family (picture of the princes disclosed already)
Chariot's name : Tata Safari (Black Tigress)
Sarathi's name : Long Drive Lover
Duration of Trip : 20 Days
Places visited : South India

2 travel related posts by the author till now, 32 other posts, Three 5 star ratings, several "travel pundits" have predicted a mega 5 star travelogue.

Forget MX6, this log seems to have motivated even HVK to post the pictures

I am hooked, subscribing to the thread.

Hi LDL, Your passion for road trip alone deserves an applause
O my God! What a way to appreciate efforts of a novice! Many many thanks. Even I didn't expect so much applaud will come pouring in so soon! May be having done it, now it appears something that could be achieved so easily. What to say about HVK! He was the inspiration, to say the least.

Yes Sir, my passion for just driving, driving and driving was my major asset to take up this trip. Though I want to keep numbers to be posted towards last, as the story, experiences and feelings matter more then the numbers. Yet, to put things in perspective, here is one number: drove 1965 kms in last 2 days only (+ half night). But, what to say about my less then 1 yr experience of highway driving? So, did it discouraged me at any point of time? NO, not at all. As they say, company matters, and there can't be a better company then T-BHP when it comes to road trips. And then I was well connected to gurus. So that raw passion had enough cushion to fall back upon for support, in case, anything goes wrong.

As I wrote above, we went unbooked for Hotels at most places. Initially, I had 2 major worries:

1. What if vehicle throws up any problem in remote location at odd time?

2. What if we dont get accommodation at some place, as in such a long distance and fully packed prog, we were to reach at every place late in evening to late night?

Worry no. 1 was not in our hand, so left it to our good former deeds and The Almighty. (Thankfully to God, we came out without any problem with Safari).

I had my own secret way out to worry no. 2, in case need be: it was simple: we'll drive away to some next place till we get a satisfactory accommodation. All I needed to take up unplanned extra drives was 2 cups of strong tea and lots of water/juices. Thankfully, nothing of that happened too. Thanks to the off-season, and information that HVK sir has provided before-hand about hotels at all the places we were to go!

Finally, my last Ram-baan (panacea) for any unforeseen/unplanned trouble was, High Vay King's phone number!

Rest of the story coming up now. But, feelings and how we tackle those are, I think, also important. hence going a lil OT at times. Also having net problem, so pl bear, if posts get delayed a bit.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 3rd July 2010 at 17:28.
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:31   #40
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You've put your feelings very clearly LDL. And your 2 worries aren't worries! With so many T-BHPians around, you are never far away (physically as well) from help!
And forget the numbers. They can only quantitatively point how challenging your trip has been! But they can't qualitatively state how much you enjoyed the drive.
And as you said the company matters!
You did well by going without fixed accomodation as they put shackles on how much we need to drive. Remember the last night drive to Pune, when you decided to break off at Satara! As long as there's + or - 10% difference from the planned kilometers that day, one doesn't have any major changes in the plan (unless a part of the journey involves flights/ trains/ ships etc). The freedom you enjoy on when your day begins and when it ends is immense when you go out without bookings! one can carefully set out with bookings only for major tourist destinations. If all else fails, there would be some T-BHPian who'd volunteer to put you up for a night

Still can't get over Unoczar's choo chaa trip. So here's yet another comment. your first worry never arises as Mazhar wasn't there with you
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:35   #41
Team-BHP Support

Just heard in a news that there is a proposal to make NH8 8 Laned!
LDL's drive would have been even better if that was already there!

But yes: There is a chasm between proposal and reality
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
A comprehensive travelogue, surely more is to come. The photographs are good, especially I am curious about the rock plateau...did you go close enough to see how deep and wide it is? The temple on the hill, by the architecture looks like a small dargah, please clarify. Looking forward to more.
Regards,
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, MP is really improving its roads. NH3 is much better nowadays. It is being 4-laned from the MH border (complete from Damnod to Dewas via Indore). Even terrible roads like Khandwa-Hoshangabad are good. It is great that the Panna-Katni road looks good as it did 6 months ago.
Yes sir, MP has had gone through lot of beating for bad roads on this forum, its time to highlight some improvements too.

I'll give another example from our recent trip to Adilabad in May before South Safari:
On NH7 Few Kms after Rewa, I missed a leftish turn from where rightish turn goes to Satna. So we landed in Satna. Then asked locals, came out of city on Katni road from Satna (had to do some 30-40 kms extra, though to reach katni). The route from Satna to Mehar (where it joined NH7) was again as good and smooth as Indore-Burahanpur SH or the one above in my post. Actually, it too was a newly tarred tolled MP SH. We didn't stop to take pics as were in hurry, but, it had inviting black taar and proper 2lane.

So, all this is very pleasing news. Once Lakhnadon - Sagar- Jhansi route is fully 4laned, journey to South will become much much better. Provided, of course, our own backyard (nightmarish Bhognipur-Jhansi gets completed!!)
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Amazing LDL. Very nice pics and good details. Love the way the story is unfolding. Subscribing to the thread and 5 stars to you as a token of appreciation.

I still remember some years ago how nervous I was and how much of convincing I needed to all my people and to myself to do a 200km drive. Never regretted that decision

HVK is surely impressing everyone into long drives. Such an influence
@HVK sirji - salutations.

Last edited by laluks : 3rd July 2010 at 18:20.
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Hi,
A comprehensive travelogue, surely more is to come. The photographs are good, especially I am curious about the rock plateau...did you go close enough to see how deep and wide it is? The temple on the hill, by the architecture looks like a small dargah, please clarify. Looking forward to more.
Regards,
Fazal Saheb,

Thanks for your valuable comments. Having gone through your Tadoba travelogue, I know your interest in, and knowledge of, forests and wildlife.

No, we didn't venture inside. We just passed through that route, but, it didn't look dense. Yes, the architecture is creating confusion as it looks a Dargah, but there was a sign board saying Keladevi temple. There too, we just stopped on road and took those snaps from a distance from inside the vehicle only. The sides of that hill also are showing some natural looking multiple carvings which looks like structure of a temple. Me and my wife talked about it as we passed through there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks