Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 20:25   #61
BHPian

Day 3. A twist in the story!

Planned target: Adilabad - Hyd.- Bangalore?

Due to hectic journey previous day and very late arrival, we could got up very late, fixing luggage also took time, finally, could leave Hotel at 10.45am. Till Nirmal, road is superb 4lane, reached Nirmal BP at 11.25am. The bypass looked complete but was blocked for traffic, inquired from a NHAI guard who was doing duty there, he told that it is open for light vehicles, and there was some way left on one side, so took the bypass. It starts far early from the city and goes far away from the city. It was total 45 kms and took 25 mins.

Our plan of stopping for bf at Hotel Sri Krishna Residency in Nirmal got canceled as we took bypass. Stopped at a very very ordinary Hotel on NH 7 at 12, had some Dosa, idlies and tea and started at 12.40 pm. Lost 30 mins at a railway crossing before Kamareddy, where flyover construction is incomplete. However, last 150 kms or so of NH7 towards Hyd is complete and superb. With a couple of breaks we entered Hyd. city, Bowenpelly circle at around 4 pm.

Ranjit1p has given us sms directions for route to be taken to pas through Hyd. via Kuktapally, Kondapur, J Nehru Outer Ring road, etc. We were going in right directions following the message. But, somehow we missed some turn somewhere and landed in main city area, towards Panjaguda! It also started drizzling, our luggage was on roof, though fixed with waterproof tripal, but that was not enough to save it from rain, if it gets heavy.

All this messing up in city also took time. Ranjit called me only to get shocked how come we landed in heart of the city! He suggested to consider option of staying back at Hyd as there was possibility of meeting heavy rains in our further route to BLR, and start very early, say 3am for Blr. Our son wanted that we should continue! But, I thought carefully and realized, if it rains heavily, we'll have to shift luggage inside, then that sleeping option will also go. On the other hand, speed will come down considerably in rian at night, meaning 8 hr journey will turn into 12 hr. So whole night will go and we'll be dead tired. So I decided to change the plan at around 6 pm standing in Panjaguda. Conveyed it to Ranjit, he immediately explored hotel possibility within budget in nearby area, and in 15-20 mins, he called back after confirming hotel Padmini Residency and directed us on phone to reach there.

We called it a day at 6.45pm, had dinner at room and went to bed early with alarm set for 2.30am, target was to start at 3.15 am. Hotel was good with parking and room service facility, and also gave some discount. Thanks to Ranjit for all this. Later we all realized, it was a wise decision in the circumstances.

Few pics of NH7, Adilabad Hotel and Our bf break are attached..

Day 4.

As planned, we got up early and left Hotel at 3.30 am, it took only 15-20 mis to come out of city via PVNR Exp Way. Directions from Hotel were given by Ranjit on previous night only, this time we got it right! Filled at the 1st HP bunk after leaving Ex-way. Ex-way was narrow but all for us at that time, enjoyed cool breeze and seeing the city going through that massive flyover. Took a 40 min bf break at 7 am on a family rest, reached Bangalore at sister's place in East Jallihali at 12. Also had a couple of 10 mints pits breaks.
I enjoyed that fast run in morning. Not many pics from this part too.

But, wait a whole load of a variety of pics are coming up from our sight-seeing which actually started after BLR.
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00279.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00282.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00284.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04917.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04918.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04919.jpg  

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 4th July 2010 at 20:34.
Old 4th July 2010, 20:34   #62
BHPian

Great travelogue, hats off you for planning and executing a mammoth trip like this!

Enjoying the progress of your trip, and the photos. Keep them coming!

Talking about bypassing Hyderabad, another option would have beeen to turn right from NH7 just after Medchal , and go all the way to Miyapur on the bombay highway, and then from there towards Kondapur, Gachibowli and ORR to NH7. With this option you can avoid the traffic on Bowenpally-kukatpally route as well.
Old 4th July 2010, 20:41   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Great travelogue, hats off you for planning and executing a mammoth trip like this!

Enjoying the progress of your trip, and the photos. Keep them coming!

Talking about bypassing Hyderabad, another option would have beeen to turn right from NH7 just after Medchal , and go all the way to Miyapur on the bombay highway, and then from there towards Kondapur, Gachibowli and ORR to NH7. With this option you can avoid the traffic on Bowenpally-kukatpally route as well.
Thanks. Ya, will be careful in future. Several T-BHPians helped with planning including greats like HVK. MX6, ampere, Ranjit, the list goes on. Thanks to them once again.
A trip to Hyd. itself is on the cards in future. Will combine it with Vizeg etc. Hope to meet several Hyderabadi T-BHPian on that trip . But, will take months to materialize.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:50   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
An interesting incident at Nagpur!
It happens. Don't worry too much about it. Avoid such a situation as far as possible, but in case you are actually stopped, avoid an argument and pay up. You might just get lucky and get a discount, though purists will call it corruption.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:25   #65
Team-BHP Support

I had created a thread to bypass Bangalore. May mods can change it to
"On Bypassing Major Cities".

Ranjit, Others,

Can you folks update on how to by-pass Hyderabad.

Attached is the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html

Last edited by ampere : 4th July 2010 at 22:27.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Great pics. Post in details of the hotel and experience too.

BTW why is the mouth of tigress open..grrrr..grrrrrrrr...?
Old 4th July 2010, 23:11   #67
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Great pics. Post in details of the hotel and experience too.

BTW why is the mouth of tigress open..grrrr..grrrrrrrr...?
For super cooling. That's HVK style I guess.

And LDL. that jumping signal stuff happened to me as well in Chennai.
I was following a volvo bus on the 100 ft road that connects with Poonamallee high road - NH4 to Bangalore. We were doing around 65 kph as the traffic was sparse. Near CMBT, the signal turned amber and the bus surged ahead. Normally, I slow down but on this occasion I decided to surge ahead too as it was still amber and the traffic was really sparse. Well, can't think too much in split seconds. As luck would have it the signal turned red just when I crossed the line and I could see a pot bellied chennai cop signal me to pull over. I really wanted to pull over but then I accelerated (on a rare occasion) trying to beat the signal and was above 75. So I looked at him and folder my palms to show sorry ans sped away. I felt that if stopping for a signal before the line at such speeds was not thought safe, then how can I try stop on a 4 lane way at higher speed after crossing the stop line safe in time. Seeing me the cop realised that no way I can stop safely, so he signalled me to just go.
I felt like an idiot starting a 350 km journey like that. So back to basics. See Amber, slow down and stop at line.
Old 5th July 2010, 09:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
It happens. Don't worry too much about it. Avoid such a situation as far as possible, but in case you are actually stopped, avoid an argument and pay up. You might just get lucky and get a discount, though purists will call it corruption.
Well said dada,

Responses are in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
For super cooling. That's HVK style I guess.

Yes, precisely for this reason.

So back to basics. See Amber, slow down and stop at line.

Yes, agreed. I normally follow the basics, hence could come out trouble-free in such a 7350 kms trip in diverse conditions

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th July 2010 at 16:43. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 5th July 2010, 09:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2010 at 15:47.
TaureanBull is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th July 2010, 10:08   #70
BHPian

Back to story:

Day 4 (2nd half) & 5 at Bangalore

Were spent being with sister's family, taking rest, visiting ISKON temple & Vidhan Soudha, and spending some quality time with a thoroughly gentlemen T-BHPian, we know by the handle 'ampere'.

ISKON temple was superb. We all liked it very much for its architecture, beautiful, soothing surroundings, and above all for that professional management and cleanliness. Everything is so planned and well managed there.

Just about when we were having that 'Khichdi prasada' at the end of the visit, we got sms from ampere informing to meet us at IISc campus at 2 pm. It was nearby, actually, he has decided for that place as it was very convenient for us to reach there, though it was too far away for him to come there all the way! Once again, big thanks to you 'ampere' for showing such high kind spirit to meet us, and for all those coffees, ice creams, and most importantly, that soothing walk through that calm and beautiful campus of historical IISc. He's spent quite a lot of his early years in different parts of UP and other northern states. We shared quite a lot of common things at the IISc canteen amidst students, and sort of re-lived our student day's experiences!

Then he dropped us at Vidhan Soudha in his well maintained Ford Fusion.
Whenwe were returning from there, I received a call from MX6, which I couldn't attend being in the auto, so I called him back and appraised him about our progress on reaching home.

Evening was spent visiting a friend's house at JP Nagar, could return from there by 12 midnight, as reached late there. Took outer ring road in evening, as was suggested, but it took 2.5 hrs to reach there from Jallihalli East. Traffic was so intense even on ORR, some signals took 3 attempts to cross, such long were the Qs! For return came through the city and 11 pm, it took only 1 hr.

Next morning we were going to Rameswaram. Had thought to start very early, but plan changed as we returned very late previous night.

Apprehensive, that camera won't be allowed in ISKON temple, we didn't carry it, hence no pics from this day too. BUT, plenty of pics coming up from next day onwards..
Old 5th July 2010, 10:14   #71
Team-BHP Support

Once I dropped you guys, I realized that I had forgotten to most important part. Take a SNAP!
At least I had a good cell phone camera.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2010 at 10:24.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup..looks like this is going to end up as one helluva LDL from LDL!! (Long Drive Log from Long Drive Lover!!)
Old 5th July 2010, 11:46   #73
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Whenwe were returning from there, I received a call from MX6, which I couldn't attend being in the auto, so I called him back and appraised him about our progress on reaching home.
Yeah. I was virtually following his tour sitting in Pune. He not only appraised me about his trip progress, but also PRAISED Ampere a lot.
So I'm also eagerly looking forward to meeting Ampere sometime.

And the kichadi prasada of iskcon temple is heavenly. Iskcon food is so good that it keeps bangalore streets safer as prisoners in bangalore central jail don't want to move out from there.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

MX,

Even I am looking forward to you all ! Is CL a trekker or only man of wheels?

If the trek part goes well, it would be really good!

What say you NN and Addy? As I said earlier, not sure of Cat.
Cat, are you listening?
Old 5th July 2010, 12:10   #75
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Cat's expecting kitten(s). So the only route he'd be doing in his civic is Bengaluru - Surathkal I guess. But try getting Jagga. If the adventure doesn't suffice, I'll ask Unoczar for Mazhar.
And guess what? I'm all geared up for treks! I've shed some pounds and can feel the spring in my steps!

Most Viewed