Team-BHP - We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/84803-we-dreamt-we-did-our-20-days-family-road-trip-south-black-tigress.html)

Hi team,

After lot of dreaming and deliberating, we finally set out on our South safari in Safari on June 11 at 5 pm!

(Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...s-invited.html)

And we were back to our sweet home on June 30th at midnight, after visiting every place in the same manner we planned. Though the dream has become reality, we are still soaked in its glory!

There is so much to be shared and over 5000 pics to be sorted out and selected ones posted! Will roll out as soon as possible and in as much details as possible.

Here are a few random snaps for you all till the next installment comes up:

Class photographs man! Eagerly waiting for many more!

The teaser pics are beautiful.
Congrats on completing the south safari. Now we all are waiting for the complete travelogue to begin! :)

Nice teaser snaps LDL, waiting for the complete travelogue please:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1964253)
The teaser pics are beautiful.
Congrats on completing the south safari. Now we all are waiting for the complete travelogue to begin! :)

Thanks whitesquall and pulsar56.

Yes, many more coming up. All pics are taken by a normal 8.2 sony digicam. No SLR, No tripod or other accessories, and not much time to be spent on composing, as schedule was so tight! :). So all you'll find in this space are random fast clicks by me and our 12 yr old son!

LDL. No one would believe that it's done over 20 days in one single country. Your teaser pics offer such a kind of variation! Hills, seas, rivers, forests, wildlife, temples!
And where exactly did you run in to Panthera Leo? Is it in the wild or some zoo? Coz, I'm not aware of lions in places other than Gir, in India.
I see a 5 Star log in the making. Sadly, it won't offer one photo which I'd have loved. A surprise meet near Wakad/ Hinjewadi with a photo of us. I missed you and Harishnayak. Managed to catch up with SS-T though.

My responses are in bold

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1964274)
LDL. No one would believe that it's done over 20 days in one single country. Your teaser pics offer such a kind of variation! Hills, seas, rivers, forests, wildlife, temples!

Truly. Well said. That's India Incredible!

And where exactly did you run in to Panthera Leo? Is it in the wild or some zoo? Coz, I'm not aware of lions in places other than Gir, in India.

Hmm, I knew it is bound to create some suspense.
Had it been in wild, that one snap was enough worth for our efforts! No, Seeing the King in wild will continue to be a dream for most of us. It was in Mysore Zoo. Had we missed Zoo thinking that all zoos are same, could have been a blunder on out part. Thankfully, I made it a point to take family there, despite it being a hectic schedule. This is the advantage of reading all these TLs on T-bhp. I have read about Mysore Zoo
:).

Sadly, it won't offer one photo which I'd have loved. A surprise meet near Wakad/ Hinjewadi with a photo of us. I missed you and Harishnayak. Managed to catch up with SS-T though.

Same here too, but, as they say, there is always a next time!:) Hope that next time comes soon.

Awesome pics. This is one of my dream tours. Lets see when it happens.

I was just curious did the monsoon add to your taste or otherwise? From the pics it is evident you did encounter the monsoon.

For a point and shoot sony cam these are awesome results. Well done.

No wonder the beast (I mean the golden lion NOT the black tigress :D) looks weak on morale. Zoo effect!

I see some Kerala and Kanyakumari ? Taking a long road trip in India has always been a dream of mine for quite some time now. Congratulations on doing it. Following this thread would possibly stiate my appetite for some time.
Love the pics. On the last one though, why does the tree look like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaureanBull (Post 1964329)
Awesome pics.

Thanks.

This is one of my dream tours. Lets see when it happens.

Make it reality as early as possible. I can't over-express my love for beautiful southern India.

I was just curious did the monsoon add to your taste or otherwise? From the pics it is evident you did encounter the monsoon.

No question of being otherwise! It added a lot!:), details will unfold in the story.

No wonder the beast (I mean the golden lion NOT the black tigress) looks weak on morale. Zoo effect!

Ya, sure, Zoo effect was there for all to see. At times I felt those Kings were crying even!

Hope you all will continue to be interested in this thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaureanBull (Post 1964329)

When people told him about monsoons in Coastal karnataka and kerala when he planned his trip, I was the first person to tell him to go full steam ahead!
I'm proud that I pushed him to this part of the world when the monsoons hit. :D
I guess it's harmless to boast in this one thing :D
And the effect shows. He absolutely loved the rains in kerala and coastal karnataka. Wait till he unleashes those parts of his log!
What say LDL?

That is quite a drive, LDL. So much of variety, such different driving conditions and you simply drove into the monsoon rains head-on, that was very bold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDrive lover (Post 1964360)
Hope you all will continue to be interested in this thread :)

Interested? Eagerly awaiting while biting nails ...

I guess this thread is going to be majestic as the pics themselves speak the same. I loved the second pic, simply beautiful!!! The last one, whooo!!! I don't think you clicked him in a cage or did you?

PS - My least contribution to your thread *****

Sunset ( or was it sunrise?) pic was awesome. Where is the story? We are waiting.