Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 08:56   #16
BHPian

Awesome pics man. Really refreshing to see all the greenery in the pics. Thanks for the pics again.
Old 6th July 2010, 11:02   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Didn't knew Ooty has a tea museum, have seen the same in Munnar by Tata.
Gadhadhar, Ooty's tea museum claims it is the tea factory located at the highest elevation for all of South India. On another thread, i read the one at Munnar also claims the same Claim to Fame.

Here is a writeup from me on the one at Ooty from my travelogue. Tea_Factory_and_Museum . My travelogue to Ooty/ Coonor is available here : Travelogue

@Fusspot : Thanks for bringing back memories of our Ooty-Coonoor trip. Looks like you guys got to enjoy mist in Ooty, while it was quite sunny when we had gone.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:24   #18
BHPian

Excellent pics. Like that full resolution pic of countless eucalyptus trees. Off course, several others too.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:47   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Awesome pics man. Really refreshing to see all the greenery in the pics. Thanks for the pics again.
Thanks sami316 for your positive feedback. One good thing with all the rain at Ooty was tha the crowd was thinner !
Old 6th July 2010, 22:17   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Gadhadhar, Ooty's tea museum claims it is the tea factory located at the highest elevation for all of South India. On another thread, i read the one at Munnar also claims the same Claim to Fame.

Here is a writeup from me on the one at Ooty from my travelogue. Tea_Factory_and_Museum . My travelogue to Ooty/ Coonor is available here : Travelogue

@Fusspot : Thanks for bringing back memories of our Ooty-Coonoor trip. Looks like you guys got to enjoy mist in Ooty, while it was quite sunny when we had gone.
Good pics. I liked esp. the first three.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:19   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Excellent pics. Like that full resolution pic of countless eucalyptus trees. Off course, several others too.
Thanks LongDrive lover. As you said, we were also awestruck with the sight of eucaliptus trees all around at some point in the ghat section after Gudalur. Couldn't help getting down and taking some pics and video.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:02   #22

First things last ! I somehow missed uploading a few pictures in the first part, though there is mention of these in the text. Attaching them for the sake of completion. Also adding a larger picture of flowers at Sim's Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returning.-img_0001r.jpg  

Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returning.-img_0003r.jpg  

Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returning.-img_0004r.jpg  

Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returning.-img_0014r.jpg  

Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returning.-img_0009r.jpg  

Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returning.-img_0177r.jpg  

Old 17th July 2010, 19:03   #23
BHPian

Great pics man . Thanks for the nice write up.
Old 16th December 2011, 19:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returni

What are the temple timings for the Shiva temple in Nanjangud? I can see conflicting timings on the internet :

Srikanteshwara Temple (Nanjundeshwara Temple), Nanjangud Temple. Nanjangud.Info

Nanjundeshwara or Srikanteshwara Temple
Old 21st December 2011, 22:34   #25

Re: Ooty in rain! A trip thru Nanjangud, Bandipur and Brindavan Gardens while returni

I am not very sure. We reached there around 1000 Hrs. and the temple was open.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks