Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 16:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
Obviously, you had a great time in Ladakh so please keep us enriching with information, anecdotes and loads of pictures.

You must have stopped at “Peeda” between Batote and Ramban. This Dhaba has balcony on the backside that gives you the majestic view of the breathtaking “Baglihar” Hydro Electric project being constructed on River Chinab. This Dhaba is famous for its “Rajma Chawal” and “Anardana Cheatnee”. The food standard has gone down a bit since the founder of the Dhaba died and his sons took over (Broke it into 2. Doesn’t it sound familiar). When on this highway, I always stop there.

I am very happy that you had great time at Kashmir. It does help if you know a local person.

I have seen many people in this form who are not happy with the kind of service they get in Kashmir (Tariffs etc) but I don’t think the place is costlier in comparison to other tourist destinations in India or world over. The Place unfortunately is going through turmoil since few years and its effect on economy (and thereby the mindset) of common people is obvious. I have traveled considerable places (right from Interlaken to Whistler to South America to Australia) world over and am still to come across a place which is as beautiful as Kashmir.
Sanjay,

Thanks for the detailed information, it looked like a hydro-electric project, typical pattern.

Bingo, that's the place we stopped at. The cost at the Dabha was reasonable and the tase was to kill for, we were hungry, it was cold, food was hot and Chai never smelled better anywhere. Really, Kashmit is one of the most beautuful places I have seen, I've travelled Europe, UK and other places, so from my samll experiene I can vouch for what you say.

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th July 2010 at 16:43.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
And so it starts! You did you trip only days after us. Its surprising to see such clear blue skies. All we had was grey
Believe me, we were lucky throughout. Where ever we had problems and we were worried, things worked-out fine in the end. Our Guardian Angels were sure working overtime.

======

@ KP: Please go easy on the pictures, I have to write the travalogues, let's brake it for now, more story tomorrow followed with your brilliant photos????

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th July 2010 at 16:48.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:46   #18
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I agree with both Ramkya1 and Sanjaykaul. I've travelled the Americas, Europe, UK, Most of India and Asia pacific. Nothing beats Kashmir which is still etched in my mind. The Kashmir I saw before the turmoil engulfed it!
Old 5th July 2010, 16:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Leh-docked-15.jpg
Leh-docked-16.jpg

Shikara Ride
Leh-docked-17.jpg
Jiggy's standard pose - Anywhere anytime- Guy on the right is Mr Irshad
Leh-docked-18.jpg
Cutie pie rowing away
Leh-docked-19.jpg

Beautiful Dal lake
Leh-docked-20.jpg

Sunrise @ Dal lake
Leh-docked-21.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2010, 17:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Great start, Ramky & KP! Whatta starter of a pic! Docked into this thread. Loved the Dal Lake pics and waiting for more. Leh-t the journey continue...
Old 5th July 2010, 17:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue Ramkya1. and awesome photographs Prajesh, loved those Dal lake shots.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

ramkya and kp good start there folks. I was supposed to be joining you chaps for this trip and that however never materialized. I had to travel elsewhere.

kp excellent pictures there man, good going.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:27   #23
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The last set of photos by prajesh (especially the one of the kid in the shikara) made me hit the 5* button! I know what is going to come up next.
Good job guys.
Ramkya. I'm thinking seriously about the cross country US drive now.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:33   #24
Team-BHP Support

Really picture perfect! No other descriptions! There is a humane touch about them. which cannot be explained.
Whether you chose to upload this sequence or it just happened, cannot say. But its come out stunning.

Teaser was a real good one!

5 Stars.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:59   #25
BHPian

Surprise!! WOW!!

Welcome back

Had tried calling you around that time and got a out of coverage area message. Now i know!

Finally you were able to complete the trip. Happy for you saar. And the pics from KP are too good.

Keep it rolling.. FAST
Old 5th July 2010, 18:13   #26
BHPian

Amazing pics! Really hooked on to this now.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Simply mind blowing stuff people. I am quite tempted to get LEH-ed next season. Excellent photos also. Which camera you guys have used for the pics?

Rating this thread 5 stars!
Old 5th July 2010, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

I already saw a few photos on Facebook.

If I'd have known about this trip I would have gladly joined. In fact a friend was ready with a Endeavour BUT we were just looking for some more company and so postponed a few months.

Anyways - the pics are fantastic and I am glued on to this travelogue Ramkya, Prajesh & Jiggy

Giving it a 5 star !
Old 5th July 2010, 19:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ Vkocher, rekshenoy, simi316, Bapu, ampere, rjstyles, kaushik, sstraveller: Thank you people, there are awesome photos coming up and as usual, I write too much

@ rekshenoy: I use a Cannon SX 20 IS, KP uses a Nikkon and he's very good with it. Jiggy had an old Cannon (not sure) so small and very effective too.

======
Old 5th July 2010, 19:40   #30
BHPian

Let the story roll. Amazing start. Am subscribed to this thread till the story reaches back to Ahd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks