Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:43   #406
BHPian

In your whole travelogues, which was the place where you felt like shouting 'yahooooo' and which was coldest place.

The toughest challenge you face on road.

Its human nature to forgets things even if its well planned. Was there anything of that sort which was really needed and was ready but forgot to pick it up?

Any can you the most humorous moment
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:28   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Ramky sir,
sorry to highjack, looking that you started from Ahmedabad (Guj), I couldn't resist to share (some blurred memories) of my 'travelogue' :

- Time: 15 July'97 to 30 July'97
- Journey: Bharuch (Guj) to Baltal, Amarnath Caves and return
(at Baltal, I had seen a signboard directing a road to Kargil, Leh, but that was not on our list!)
- Vehicle: 2 x KB-100 four-stroke bikes (I had temporarily exchanged my two-stroke Yamaha RX100 for KB100, logic at that time: 4St has higher sustainability for long rides)
- Riders: 4 friends (actually only 2 were drivers!)
- Total Distance: 5500 kms
- Total Trip Cost: ~Rs.20000/- (max counted for Fuel & Food; free sleeping @ dhabhas, public tents @ JK)

unfortunately, we didnt have any camera to record.
Doing the trip on a Bike from Gujrat is commendable, I can't imagine doing it now, needs lots of energy and commitment!!!! Doing a bike trip is the considered the "mother of all bike trips".

@Vinod: You have asked questions difficult to answer pronto, need to think about it, will post answers.
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:08   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Playing with icicles

Beautiful picture, Wasnt it cold to hold the ice? where was this snapped (place, date and temperature)
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:19   #409
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.
It was cold but not unbearable. Snapped just after Khardungala on 24th June. around 5c (guess).
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:21   #410
BHPian

Prajesh I think Ramky sir would have clicked this snap. The wonder in this picture is I can see the mountain behind you through the Ice you are holding. Purity in all means Land, water and air.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:34   #411
Senior - BHPian

Just found photos of 2-3 items of great use while road-tripping.......

A head strap lamp is a very useful gizmo if you have to have your hands free in the night while rummaging through the bags or when you are searchng for something in dark corners of your car; when you use the torch, only one hand is available for effective use. Also in the night, when you want to move around or read in the room while others are asleep with the lights off, this is of great use. Runs on 3 small cells, the slide switch has 3 positions, off, low and high.

Leh-docked-img_2035.jpg

Leh-docked-img_2038.jpg

The multi plug is a must if you have to charge mobile, batteries and other stuff.

Leh-docked-img_2033.jpg

A food trey which can be hooked behind the seats, very useful to hold bottles too.

Leh-docked-img_2056.jpg

-------

@Vinod: The photo was from the co-passenger seat, Kevin was driving, stopped the car and jumped out to touch the ice and did this act, I could not resist clicking It was very cold for me, must have been between 2 - 5, another guess.

Last edited by ramkya1 : 4th August 2010 at 12:43.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:41   #412
Senior - BHPian

Ramky, that head rest tray is wonderful. And I liked the idea of posting the tools taken on trip. Let me also post them in my thread. BTW here is a collage for quick view . These are part of tools and accessories I carried.

Leh-docked-tools.jpg
Old 4th August 2010, 19:05   #413
BHPian

Ramky sir when I see a picture posted by you. I only have 2 questions

1. Where
2. What is the price

The question "where?" arises when I see your travelogues photos and "What is the price?" arises when I see picture if any accessory you post.

Please mention the price of the "Head light" and the Food tray.
Old 5th August 2010, 14:01   #414
Senior - BHPian

One can only see a faint silhoutte of the mountain range in the background, because it is all washed out (overexposure). But how so ever close I peered into the picture, I, for the love of Mike, couldn't see any mountain through the icicle that Prajesh is holding.

I do have a bit of bad eyesight, but the specks too didn't help much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
Prajesh I think Ramky sir would have clicked this snap. The wonder in this picture is I can see the mountain behind you through the Ice you are holding. Purity in all means Land, water and air.
Ramky, I'm imagining & visualising all probable possibilites in mind as to how this picture could be composed and taken from the co-passenger seat. If it was done from within the car, then a major portion of the bonnet would have been in the frame; which actually is not.

The angle would have been more acute. Secondly if you had leaned all the way out of the window to take this, then what kind of wide lens were you using to capture the icicles on the extreme left + the fender of the car?

Thirdly, what intrigues me is the almost full capture of Prajesh's legs. The left leg is almost fully captured. This could never ever have happened if shot from the co-passenger seat. And not at all even if you had leaned out of the window.

Something is wrong somewhere...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
@Vinod: The photo was from the co-passenger seat, Kevin was driving, stopped the car and jumped out to touch the ice and did this act, I could not resist clicking It was very cold for me, must have been between 2 - 5, another guess.
Old 5th August 2010, 19:25   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
One can only see a faint silhoutte of the mountain range in the background, because it is all washed out (overexposure). But how so ever close I peered into the picture, I, for the love of Mike, couldn't see any mountain through the icicle that Prajesh is holding.

I do have a bit of bad eyesight, but the specks too didn't help much.

Ramky, I'm imagining & visualising all probable possibilites in mind as to how this picture could be composed and taken from the co-passenger seat. If it was done from within the car, then a major portion of the bonnet would have been in the frame; which actually is not.

The angle would have been more acute. Secondly if you had leaned all the way out of the window to take this, then what kind of wide lens were you using to capture the icicles on the extreme left + the fender of the car?

Thirdly, what intrigues me is the almost full capture of Prajesh's legs. The left leg is almost fully captured. This could never ever have happened if shot from the co-passenger seat. And not at all even if you had leaned out of the window.

Something is wrong somewhere...!
That's an insightful angle, could not help . From what I have seen, you have eagle's eye, sees far and wide, more than it should.

About the angle of the photo, I wish my Market Research people would do half the job you did of analysis!!!! The angles, lens and even Prajesh's legs have gone into the analysis.

Now that got me thinking, would this have been possible from the middle row, if I was leaning out, way out, could be a possibility? As for the lens, the shot was taken on Prajesh's camers, he would know about the lens, I am at basics on lenses here.

Would submit that the spirit of the picture and the moment was what I way trying to narrate. If an expert like you goes into every word I write, my story is cooked

=======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th August 2010 at 19:29.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:34   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just found photos of 2-3 items of great use while road-tripping.......

A head strap lamp is a very useful gizmo if you have to have your hands free in the night while rummaging through the bags or when you are searchng for something in dark corners of your car; when you use the torch, only one hand is available for effective use. Also in the night, when you want to move around or read in the room while others are asleep with the lights off, this is of great use. Runs on 3 small cells, the slide switch has 3 positions, off, low and high.
Totally agree. This miners lamp is very usefull. I always carry it with me on my treks and journey's. Mine is a Chinese made and has lasted me more than a year. It uses 4 AA type cells, and since it works on LED's the battery useage is minimal.

It costed me Rs150/- and I feel its worth every penny I spent on it.

Regards
Old 5th August 2010, 21:08   #417
BHPian

Ramky, I have a question about two items from your accessories.
1. Where did you get the food drink tray ?
2. I also saw an electric tire inflator. A Chinese make? My own experience with them have been very disappointing. Did you have to use it? What were your experiences?
Old 6th August 2010, 10:08   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamrei View Post
Ramky, I have a question about two items from your accessories.
1. Where did you get the food drink tray ?
2. I also saw an electric tire inflator. A Chinese make? My own experience with them have been very disappointing. Did you have to use it? What were your experiences?
  1. The tray was procured by Anup Mathur, a good friend at Delhi, around 2 years back, Rs.200/- Should be available in Delhi.
  2. The tire inflator cost 1250/-, Chinese. Used it and it's working, takes time to inflate. It looks flimsy and ready to conk out any time. Given a choice, I would go for a sturdier model.
=======

@ Deky: I bought the Chinese Lamp in Leh, cost me Rs.250/-. Checked it today, has 4 AA batteries, not 3 as I had posted. Very very useful gizmo, you can also angle the beam up or down, 3 steps.

@ Vinod: The above answers your post on costs ?

Last edited by ramkya1 : 6th August 2010 at 10:10.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:11   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Ramky, that head rest tray is wonderful. And I liked the idea of posting the tools taken on trip. Let me also post them in my thread. BTW here is a collage for quick view . These are part of tools and accessories I carried.

Attachment 399482
Bharat ... lovely collage, as I said, there are many items I need to add to my workshop.

-----
Old 6th August 2010, 17:52   #420
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Sir, my intention was not to pick holes but the photograph was viewed from a photographer's view. I found the angle and the shot intriguing with respect to the position from which it was taken and hence the "analysis".

Quote:
Would submit that the spirit of the picture and the moment was what I way trying to narrate. If an expert like you goes into every word I write, my story is cooked

=======

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks