Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 20:24   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.

Hello Bhpians,

this would be my 1st Travelouge.

For me last friday thats on 2nd of July the weekend started, Dint know what to do, Mean while Team BHP meet was being organised for 3rd of july, I was reaady for it.

I dint want to wast this long weekend just like that, so called up couple of my friends for the trip. The place was not decided but all three of were ready for a long trip.

Now the place has to be decided, loged in to Team bhp, was checking the places, so finally dedided Pench national park as all three of us are fond of Jungles & wild life.

By the time we decided it was 8Am 3rd July, i ws still not sure about the trip cause its already late & was preparing my self for the Team Bhp Hyderabad meet.

Again frien calls & says that the trip is finalized & we guys have to move as quickly as possible.Packed my bag in 15 mins, Drove to my friends place & he was not yet ready thinking that the trip is not yet finalized.He took another 1/2hr to get ready, drove to another friend & finaly started.. Directly drove to Petrol bunk, Tank full.

In another 30 mins we were on Nagpur highway(NH7), So the journey has begun, none of know about the map & the places, I was quit sure that NH7 directly takes us to Nagpur, I was confident till nagpur.

Trust me the roads till Kama reddy is awsome did 175Km, after that till nirmal the road is narrow, from a 4 lane track to a narrow road, what a disaster more over u have to share the same road with the on comming Lorries & bus,, Then a dirty ghat road after Nirmal, may be the Kuntala water fall road, man its full of pot holes, none of the 4 tyres can escape any of the holes on the road. after the ghat is over, the 4lane track started, it was like you know, a life, the Road is awsome till adilabad & the moment we enter in to the Maharastra Border then I felt like driving back, Its about 25Km stretch, U feel like throwing the car, I would include the pictures as well, I feel that "My ghar ka lane is far better than these highways" After crossing the border check post, u again come to a single trac where the work is going on the other side, that lane is not enough for 2 opposite cars at a time, I saw lorries sharing the road, That road was full of accidents, may be because of rains,
the road continues for about 50km,then u can see the 4 lane track again but not as good as our tracks, on NH7 till Nagpur u come across 2 railways tracks . Its hell, , Lorries wont stop after signal & when the gate is open, u got to wach ur car.
finaly around 8:30 we reached Nagpur city, looking for the room to stay, so found out some skylark Hotel,Rested there for that night, All three of us woke up at 8Am, got reay by 10:00Am, started to Sheoni, pench National park, thought it would be long, but not more than 100km.

By the time we reached there it was around 11:15Am, reached MP tourism.Heard the sad news.The park closed on 1st July,Man all dreams shattred.no safari,no entry in to forest., never checked that or never knew about that.

Started back,this time at a stretch back to hyderabad.It was fine till Ap border the moment we crossed Adilabad, Another disaster, The flies, Dont know what flies they are but Millions & trillions of them hit the wind shield,The wind shield is like 1000's of crows **** on ur glass..Would add the picture as well. So came back to hyderabad yesterday night 11:00Pm, parents were surprised y am i back soon, cause i told them that i will be cak on Tuesday.
I will try to attach few picture, though we had very bad photographer,He managed to click some of them.

Route :

Hyderabad-Masiapet-Kamareddy-Markhal-Kolwaral-Kisan nagar-Nirmal-Adilabad-straight Via Pandharkaoda-Hinganghat-Nagpur-Pench-National Park

Follow NH& all the way.

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-1.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-2.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-3.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-5.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-6.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-7.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-8.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-9.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-10.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-11.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-12.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-13.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-14.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-15.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-17.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-18.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-19.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-20.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2016 at 07:33. Reason: Deleting image depicting high speed driving
Old 6th July 2010, 12:40   #2
BHPian

hey, we also went to kuntala falls over the weekend. 4 lane NH is a dream to drive. but the nirmal ghat and the road after that was hell. Also met a fellow team-BHPian at the falls, can't remember his name now. I think when the stretch between kamareddy and nirmal ghat is completed, it will be a great road to drive.

Sorry to hear that you could not enter the park. Do always ask fellow bhpians like DKG, fajalaliadil or Dr Ghosh before you go to any of these parks
Old 6th July 2010, 12:50   #3
BHPian

Sad to see that you could not make it into the National Park. I was there in Pench last year in mid-June.AFAIK, most of the National Parks across the country are closed for public during the monsoon period i.e. from end-June to end-October I guess.You should have done a bit of more research before selecting a National Park as a destination or coordinated with some folks on the forum who could have got you access.Anyways, there is always the next time.Cheers,
Old 6th July 2010, 13:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Joshua, good to see the reason for missing the last team bhp meet. But, sad to see you couldn't make it inside the park.

Do post as many pictures as its possible. Some tips :-

1. Only 2 smileys allowed per post, mods will delete the post if its more so do be careful next time onwards

2. Please give some breaks in your paragraph as it would be much easier to read

Note: Is that your Viva Petrol? I see you service your car with Prabhu ( New Mars)

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2016 at 07:30. Reason: Editing out reference to high speeds
Old 7th July 2010, 03:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
hey, we also went to kuntala falls over the weekend. 4 lane NH is a dream to drive. but the nirmal ghat and the road after that was hell. Also met a fellow team-BHPian at the falls, can't remember his name now. I think when the stretch between kamareddy and nirmal ghat is completed, it will be a great road to drive.

Sorry to hear that you could not enter the park. Do always ask fellow bhpians like DKG, fajalaliadil or Dr Ghosh before you go to any of these parks
Thats correct, The moment you cross the Ghat section, you are back to 4 lane track . Its like comming back to life after hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Sad to see that you could not make it into the National Park. I was there in Pench last year in mid-June.AFAIK, most of the National Parks across the country are closed for public during the monsoon period i.e. from end-June to end-October I guess.You should have done a bit of more research before selecting a National Park as a destination or coordinated with some folks on the forum who could have got you access.Anyways, there is always the next time.Cheers,

I admit it was my mistake, should have taken the advise, I dint have time to do the research, Later on , I got a feeling that the park might be closed cause i was enquiring about the Jim corbett couple of years ago, I was told that the park will be closed for mansoon.

Never mind will make another trip may be in Nov or Dec .

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2011 at 16:50. Reason: back to back posts.
Old 7th July 2010, 03:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Joshua, good to see the reason for missing the last team bhp meet. But, sad to see you couldnt make it inside the park.

Do post as many pictures as its possible. Some tips :-

1. Only 2 smileys allowed per post, mods will delete the post if its more so do be careful next time onwards

2. Please give some breaks in your paragraph as it would be much easier to read

Note: Is that your Viva Petrol? Also, i see you service your car with Prabhu ( New Mars)
yes Its Viva Petrol, Yup while going just had a break at adilabad for about 15mins, Then back on track, It did not need any break's inbetween.

yes i used to get the care done at "New Mars", but for last service i got it done at hyundai.
will upload more pictures.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th September 2016 at 07:31. Reason: Editing out reference to high speeds
Old 7th July 2010, 04:01   #7
BHPian

Here are few more pictures.

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-20.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-21.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-22.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-23.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-24.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-25.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-26.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-27.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-28.jpg

Have a look at these pictures, Because of these flies, Had to drive at 80 -90kmph for about 120Km distance. Did not clean the wind shield for about 100km.

There's been instances where I had to drive only with the fog lamps. The Toll Gate guys had tough time with these flies, the moment any car enters the Gate 1st thing they ask or rather beg u to switch off the Head lights, they ask u to put a reverse gear so that they can make a note of the car number from the back plate..

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-29.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-30.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-31.jpg

Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.-32.jpg
Old 7th July 2010, 07:29   #8
BHPian

Sorry to hear that you missed visiting Pench Tiger Reserve. Made the trip on June 4th & 5th and had a great time. Saw 2 tigers ( though one was a park sponsored 'tiger show' on elephant back). As Ardy has written please go through the posts on Team BHP for updates. And best of all - if you are visiting any national park / reserve in MP please visit the MP Govt portal www.mponline.gov.in for updates and most important for online booking of entry tickets. At the parks in MP onlya few tatkal tickets are available and getting these during peak season is difficult.
Old 7th July 2010, 09:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I admit it was my mistake, should have taken the advise, I dint have time to do the research, Later on , I got a feeling that the park might be closed cause i was enquiring about the Jim corbett couple of years ago, I was told that the park will be closed for mansoon.

Never mind will make another trip may be in Nov or Dec .
Nov-Dec should be a good time. I believe winter is also the best time to visit the national parks. When I was in Pench last year, I was told that there is quite a lot of tourist inflow during the winter.

BTW, we stayed at Kpiling's Court during our visit.

Good Luck next time.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 7th July 2010 at 09:57.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:10   #10
BHPian

thanks for the information. Next trip in Nov or dec, Its going to be same pench & also kanha National parks. That point of time would need your support & guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Nov-Dec should be a good time. I believe winter is also the best time to visit the national parks. When I was in Pench last year, I was told that there is quite a lot of tourist inflow during the winter.

BTW, we stayed at Kpiling's Court during our visit.

Good Luck next time.

Cheers,
Yes this time preperations will be from the begining.

Do we get to see the animals during Nov & dec? cause thats more important.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2011 at 16:58. Reason: back to back posts
Old 18th September 2016, 22:50   #11
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad, Nagpur, Pench National park.

anyone drove down to Pench recently? how long did it take, what route to follow and what was the condition?

kindly write back asap.

Most Viewed