Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 10:02   #1
BHPian

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.

Any ways re posting it here.

Last weekend was a long one for most of the bangaloreans, thanks to the strike called by various political parties. Since I was bored of watching TV & my wife was bored of cooking for me we thought of going to some place were we could be away from the daily routines of our life’s.We were searching for a good place when we came to know that the Jungle resorts in Bannerghatta was having a tent house free.So On Saturday we ventured into Bannerghatta national park.Though the intention was to spent some quality time with each other ,the best part of the trip turned out to be that we were in midst of wildlife just 22 kms from Bangalore & my camera eyes was more than happy that it got to shoot some of the best wild animals during these days.I am sharing here the pics of leopard shot at bannerghatta during our stay.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattaleopardpicsphotograpahy.jpg

During these two days more than the stay what we really enjoyed is the fact that we were spending our time in midst of a forest & this was the first time we ever came so close to nature & through this trip we also realized the damages we do to our environment & the way these acts effects our ecosystem.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-leopardnbannerghattapicsphotography.jpg

After this trip i have made an point to help conserve the nature in what ever way possible & also another most important thing i noticed is the way we behave in such nature parks.I was sad that people was using this nature park as a place to have fun & not as a place to learn about the environment.I was shocked to see the amount of plastic these plastic free zone were having & also the amount of noise made by us at these parks.Parents were encouraging there children to run around ,make noise & tease the animals,instead of teaching them about the animals or our environment.I was wondering how we would feel if some one barged in to our homes & made noises or littered around.I wish we could change these behaviors.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-photographypicsbannerghattaleopard.jpg

Seeing these majestic beauties i wonder how people can feel like spoiling there home & disturb them.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-photographypicsbannerghatta.jpg

i would like to urge to all those who read this to visit such nature parks even its at a premium,educate your next generation about these animals,& when there ,please be friendly with these ,its just that we humans got a little more luckier,avoid littering & noise.If you want to hang out & make merry, go to some malls or other places,but go to nature parks to be with yourself,to learn,to watch & if you are a shutterbug,go here to shoot & i bet you will keep returning,its such a wonderful experience.

To be Contd.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th July 2010 at 10:41.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I love this Zoo. They do have many animals to see in the safari. Better than so called safari in other "forest"

Continue your clicks please...
Old 7th July 2010, 10:16   #3
BHPian

There were some replies for this thread when i posted it first,Though i don't remember the names of the Bhpians who replied ( i am sorry), but i do remember some of the questions asked.I am posting them back here.

There was question about my camera gear.
ans>The gear used for this photo shoot was Nikon D90 + 80-400f4.5-5.6 VR +sunpak tripod.

There was a question that can we go so near to these leopards.
ans>These are in the enclosure & i have shot them from outside there grilled enclosure.

There was another question by some one asking my permission to use these pics as wallpaper.
ans>you are always welcome.

There was another Bhpian who asked for the snaps of the tent house & JLR.
ans>My wife's camera has them will post it later in eve.

and there was some body who asked "are there more snaps to come."
ans>Yes
Old 7th July 2010, 10:37   #4
BHPian

This Post shares with you some of the Herbivore & birds which we spotted during our stay in Bannerghatta.The Jungle Lodges here provides a morning nature walk through a herbivorous park.There are 3 water bodies in this park & usually these water bodies are host to a lot of bird life,but for our luck we just could spot very little of them & here i am sharing them..
The below are called Mute swans and these are usually quite,& makes noise only when disturbed.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattamuteswanpics.jpg

This one is called Spotted Dove.This was the most decent shot i could get from my limited kit.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattapicsspotteddove.jpg

The below one is our national bird the peacock(not shot during the nature walk).Though i am still starved to see a peacock in its dancing form & i pray that i get that shot some time soon in my life.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattapeacockpics.jpg

I always thought that i will never do bird watching or for that matter try & do wildlife photography ,but this trip proved it all wrong,remember what i told in the 1st post .The more you come near the nature the more you get involved.
While we were walking through the Herbivore park we were cautioned about the wild bison’s in the park by our guide.As the guide was explaining to us the deadly aftereffects of a bison attack recently in the park,guess what we saw at the next turn.
Not one but two Bison’s looking straight into us,We were scared to death & at that moment the best thing to do was to hear to our guides commands & we religiously followed it & he took us to safety,but not before i could click this.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattawildbisonpics.jpg

A little more walk in to the wild brought us near a sambar deer which had come to have its breakfast.

Name:  bannerghattasambardeerpics.jpg
Views: 4445
Size:  244.1 KB

After the nature walk this is what waited for us at Bannerghatta Park.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattasnakepics.jpg

Like this after a walk of 2 and half hours we reached back jungle lodges to have our breakfast.

I bet the next part of this blog will be the most beautiful & colorful one.

To be Contd.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Harish,
Wonderful effort at the wildlife photography.
You sure have made a good use of the extended weekend. The photos have come out real good. Did you also use some editing tool? if yes, which one?
But kudos, to your effort. Never thought that Banerghatta can be so good from inside.Popst more photos asap.
This was amazing.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Awesome shots.
I've always wanted to stay at JLR at Bannerghatta but somehow, since it is so close to where i stay, it never seemed attractive enough (not much driving involved, you see )
Old 7th July 2010, 10:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Harish,
Wonderful effort at the wildlife photography.
You sure have made a good use of the extended weekend. The photos have come out real good. Did you also use some editing tool? if yes, which one?
But kudos, to your effort. Never thought that Banerghatta can be so good from inside.Popst more photos asap.
This was amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Awesome shots.
I've always wanted to stay at JLR at Bannerghatta but somehow, since it is so close to where i stay, it never seemed attractive enough (not much driving involved, you see )
Thanks for the comments guys.

You know what Fordmanchau,When i visited this place 2 years back ,I was of the same opinion that bannerghatta is not a good place & this trip was planned to prove myself wrong.I wanted to see how well i could portray this place so that i myself will feel like returning here more often.

Quote:
Did you also use some editing tool? if yes, which one?
I use Adobe lightroom ,but on these pics only very basis pp has been done.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th July 2010 at 20:57. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:17   #8
BHPian

After spending a spectacular day at jungle lodges Bannerghatta we returned back on Sunday.While returning we visited the Butterfly park in Bannerghatta National Park.This park is the first one of its kind in the nation.
The environment in this small enclosure has a tropical setting — complete with the humid climate, an artificial waterfall,a narrow walking bridge and host plants and shrubs that attract butterflies.
This small enclosure is the house to some of the most beautiful creatures on the planet.The small two winged wonders called butterflies.
See what i am saying.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannnerghattapicsphotographybutterfly.jpg

I was stupid enough not to note down the names of these beauties ,but i can’t be blamed.My cam shutter was clicking more than i blinked.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattapicturesbutterfly.jpg

There were a lot of photographers around shooting these beauties and it was fun meeting few of them.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-butterflybannerghattapictures.jpg

it was so beautiful scene that i was running around the place clicking more & more pics.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-photographypicsbannerghattabutterfly.jpg

Bannerghatta was an awesome place to be and its hard to beleive that its just 22 kms from bangalore.
Highly recommended for one or more night stays.
Place to stay:- Jungle lodges.
Place to eat:-Jungle lodges.

Spectacular getaway from Bangalore-Banerghatta National park & Jungle Lodge resorts.-bannerghattapicsbutterflyphotography.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this was even better!!
You seemed to have blurred the background to focus on the beautiful butterflies, is it not?Looks like you have a good hand at editing the photos.
The snaps are wonderful to the eye!!
Don't you have more photos to post? One more Q.
Is Adobe Lightroom a free tool? or do you have to buy it?
Old 7th July 2010, 13:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

shreehari some brilliant captures there, however the only drawback with this park is that most animals are in enclosures which am not a big fan of. Definitely would love to see them in the wild and the experience at Kabini JLR is in a different league by itself. You should maybe try it once just in case you haven't.

BTW what was your gear ?
Old 7th July 2010, 14:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

^^

He already mentioned it in the third post "Nikon D90 + 80-400f4.5-5.6 VR +sunpak tripod".

Shreehari - Awesome shots, keep them coming :-)
Old 7th July 2010, 14:11   #12
Team-BHP Support

My kid was particularly impressed by the butterfly park!
And you have captured them very nicely!
Old 7th July 2010, 14:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics. I am planning to buy D90 soon but will stick to 18-105mm to start with. Please post if you have more of these.

Quote:
You seemed to have blurred the background to focus on the beautiful butterflies, is it not?Looks like you have a good hand at editing the photos.
Its not a free tool. But there is a trial version fro free which would have some handicaps.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
NO,The blurred background is not post processed its taken like that.Images shot with the larger physical aperture (longer focal length) lens produces these kind of background blur.

Lightroom is not free.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:15   #15
BHPian

Hari, your pics are so ..hmm what to say..stunning is an understatement...probably soulful is what fits best ! yes, the pics are filled with so much of life ! Wow blown over.

Please post the pics of JLR, Banrgta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks