Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 18:03   #181
Senior - BHPian

420nd post!

This will be my post no.: 420

Since Ampere seems to enjoy the 'green nature', this one is especially for him...

Just as we are about to Mysore, my daughter frantically tells me to stop, and jumps out of the car and starts clicking.... this!

I still wonder how she managed spot the birds - she is normally immersed in the music....

Stress buster!!-img_2504.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2506.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2510.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2511.jpg

The emerald green waters were really sparkling and these cranes (I think) were enjoying each others' companionship!! The P&S doesn't do justice. I really wished that I had spent some time with a fellow t-bhpian (Sukiwa) to learn more about light balancing and shutter speed.. and bought a DSLR :-(
Stress buster!!-img_2507.jpg
Old 10th August 2010, 18:25   #182
Team-BHP Support

Thanks VRP! There is a fairly big water body next to Nanjangud on the main road. Is it on that one, your kiddo clicked?

Those big bridge-like structures (pipes) are the entry and exit point definitions of Mysore!
Old 10th August 2010, 18:26   #183
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Your P&S has done amazing work with the photos considering the fact that green is the most difficult colour to capture in cameras.

@ampere. Kiddo? She just joined dental school!
Old 11th August 2010, 11:02   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is a fairly big water body next to Nanjangud on the main road. Is it on that one, your kiddo clicked?
Absolutely right! After my daughter was through, this is what I clicked!

Stress buster!!-img_2509.jpg

Perfect place to retire.... what do you people say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Your P&S has done amazing work with the photos considering the fact that green is the most difficult colour to capture in cameras.

Is that so? In that case, hats off to Canon A450.

And, caught you! It is dental "college" not "school"....
Old 11th August 2010, 11:15   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
That was pun intended for VRP. Here are two extremes of the same statement. One side you have a dental "college" (VRP corrected) going "kiddo" and on the other side we have the famed PPA (power puff angels!).

But both Camera totting and on the prowl to shoot!
Old 11th August 2010, 11:35   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was pun intended for VRP. Here are two extremes of the same statement. One side you have a dental "college" (VRP corrected) going "kiddo" and on the other side we have the famed PPA (power puff angels!).

But both Camera totting and on the prowl to shoot!
Ampere, you seem to have ESP! Powerpuff girls my daughters favourite cartoon.... In fact hearing it go on and on, MOJO JOJO became a loved character for me (MX6, hopefully couple of years down the line, you'll also have the same memories of your daughter's childhood!!)

Even thought Chamundi hills was inviting, we had to consciously avoid the turn - the two days spent on repairing (!?) the car was constantly on our minds...

MX6, I think I understand what you meant about the colour green - this particular scene just remains in my mind, like the way it is portrayed in films (you know, big canvas with multicoloured hues depicting a vast area, like the picture of Settle you have uploaded elsewhere...)

Stress buster!!-img_2512.jpg

As I said earlier, we wanted to avoid entry into Mysore. There was bye-pass sign indicating the road towards Bangalore. However, a helpful policeman said, it is best to continue straight through the town as there wasn't much traffic... we heeded to his advice. Only mistake we did was not to stop for lunch in Mysore.

Hit the Mysore - Bangalore highway shortly. Is it called the Nandi corridor? Beautiful road - but there were a few speed breakers.

The route I had plotted from Mysore onwards was Srirangapatna - Pandavpura - Nagamangala - Bommanahalli (cut across the highway here, NH 48, I think) - Nittur - Chelur and join NH4 at Sira...
Old 11th August 2010, 11:45   #187
Team-BHP Support

The Nandi Corridor (NICE) is yet to come! BLR-MYS is the one of the best SH (but with humps! ). The NICE road is yet to start on the full length. They are getting stuck completing the BLR stretches itself!

Why did the police man ask you to go straight:

Here is the answer:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1714288

The ring road bypass adds another 15-20Km to by-pass a city which has no traffic!
Old 11th August 2010, 12:11   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
The P&S doesn't do justice. I really wished that I had spent some time with a fellow t-bhpian (Sukiwa) to learn more about light balancing and shutter speed.. and bought a DSLR :-(
I wouldn't say it is a disaster, nothing Photoshop can't fix.

Stress buster!!-img_2504.jpg
Old 11th August 2010, 13:32   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why did the police man ask you to go straight:
The ring road bypass adds another 15-20Km to by-pass a city which has no traffic!
Thanks, Mr. Traffic Policeman - whoever he was.

And, Ampere, that is a nice route map there.

So many travelogues and so little time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I wouldn't say it is a disaster, nothing Photoshop can't fix.
I can see the difference, Samurai! The exposed bark of the tree, the brown stalks of the grass (or reeds?) and the lilac flowers are much clearer now. And, that was quick work!!

However, if I can be permitted to say so - the light reflecting off the water in the picture wasn't the same as when actually seeing the place.... the glittering green waters immediately brought to my mind the term 'emerald lake' (and then I understood why women go ga ga over gems and stones....)
Old 11th August 2010, 15:40   #190
Senior - BHPian

Tipu's memory...

Bangalore - Mysore is very inviting - to belt down to Bangalore.

But navigator (wife) is very strict - the deviation to Shrirangapatna is brought to notice, after cajoling and getting permission to drive around Tipu's fort....

Stress buster!!-img_2513.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2514.jpg
I remember seeing a painting of Tipu, his sword and tiger claws - was it at Salarjung Museum?

I also recollect reading something like this - "He who lives by the sword, dies by it".

In today's world they probably ought to change it to - "He who lives by his automobile will meet his end with / by it"

The small detour done, we are off to Pandavpura - Nagamangala...
Old 16th August 2010, 13:31   #191
Senior - BHPian

Neglecting...

Sorry, guys!

Been neglecting my thread.

If you see my changed signature, you'll understand why. (Of course, you have to replace the magic three letter word which we love, with the four letter word which makes us all do something for a living.....)

Anyway, my return trip is coming to a close and I was sorting the pictures of the second leg.

BTW, I saw some beautiful pictures of Jog and NH17 - it is a recent thread. Great pictures there....
Old 16th August 2010, 14:11   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Only mistake we did was not to stop for lunch in Mysore.

The route I had plotted from Mysore onwards was Srirangapatna - Pandavpura - Nagamangala - Bommanahalli (cut across the highway here, NH 48, I think) - Nittur - Chelur and join NH4 at Sira...
We are able to sail through the above route without any difficulty. Nice road. Very few vehicles on the road. Overcast skies, but no rain... this particular nature's creation our eye at Nagamangala. The sun was shining on the hill through a gap in the clouds. The (elephant?) grass and the water body, took me back to a time when horses must have been the prime mode of transport

Stress buster!!-img_2516.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2517.jpg

Now the mistake - our stomach is grumbling and there is no eatery in sight :-(

So, we decide to climb on to the NH 48. Another mistake....
Old 16th August 2010, 15:57   #193
Senior - BHPian

It was not a good idea to get on to NH48.

Because -

(a) the construction of the road was going on. so, had to constantly was redirected between this side and that side (reminded us of a scene from a Tamil movie starring Vijay. By taking numerous 'take diversions', Vijay and Vivek land up in Tirupati from Chennai!)

(b) not a good food joint in sight. Ultimately, stopped at a dhaba. But the numerous KSRTC buses and the shabby looking interiors dissuaded us from having anything there. Had some bananas and biscuits and ploughed on...

I think this place is somewhere near Yeddiyur - and look how the scene looks so contrastingly different in these two pictures.

a. the way we came from (if you notice carefully you will see the dug up portions of the road); the rain clouds are gathering promising rain..

Stress buster!!-img_2518.jpg

b. the way down south, I think. Except for a formation of clouds at the extreme left, it is mostly clear everywhere.

Stress buster!!-img_2520.jpg
Old 16th August 2010, 22:22   #194
Senior - BHPian

Seeing that it is 10.00 PM, and that I am still in my office (for about 12 hours now and another 3 - 4 hours to go), I thought I will complete my log to beat the stress....

The constant swerving between left and right lanes on NH48 soon tires me.

A quick relook at the map, and I opt for the village roads again at Kunigal and aim for Tumkur.

Roads are slightly bumpy, and there is enough traffic on the road - two wheelers and buses, so as to discourage any kind of rash driving!

No stops now, as the aim is to reach NH4 at Tumkur before sun-down.

This sight brings a sigh of relief. Imposing isn't it?

I like the sense of proportion - this firmly re-affirms whatever one had imagined of the great Anjaneya...
Stress buster!!-img_2521.jpg

I feel Ram must have been blessed to have a such a devoted devotee...
Stress buster!!-img_2522.jpg

Only problem now is NH4 is just abutting the entrance to the temple. Wonder how people visiting the temple will find peace and quiet?
Stress buster!!-img_2524.jpg

Well, we seek his blessings for the last leg of our trip.

I ask my wife whether she would like to take over - there is no strain in the drive now. But she is content to sit back and relax - no more navigation duties!!
Old 16th August 2010, 23:01   #195
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Hanuman is one of the most intelligent / powerful / humble characters one can ever come across.
If one reads Kambaramayana, One will relish two characters above all else. One is Hanuman and the other is Kumbakarna!
Both are known for their valor, their quality for not knowing their own strengths and to follow / pray their leader without fail and do anything for them!
Alas, Kumbakarna did that to his evil brother Ravana which led to his downfall.
Hanuman is also portrayed by Kamban as a person who knows when and how to say what to whom!
Indeed we are all blessed to have Hanuman in NH4 as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks