Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 23:12   #196
Senior - BHPian

Twilight zone...

There was some discussion about photography at yesterday's tapri meet at Pune.

So tried my hand at photo processing, using this photo - and made a complete hash of it!

Stress buster!!-img_2529.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2530.jpg

But the software (Corel Draw) was so intelligent, it picked out the reflection of the dash during processing (lower portion of the second picture).

Amazing.

There was not light - leave alone sunlight - to reflect off the dash, and the software is able to pick the dark spots and enhance it.

See the reflection of the hot air vents on the dash off the windshield. Now I have to believe some of the sci-fi things in Hollywood movies

Anyway, the sunset reminded me of the 'Twilight Zone' comics which I used to read in my teens. Belted down towards Chitradurga.

Golden Quad is a boon.... to tired limbs, tyres and suspension
Old 16th August 2010, 23:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

Half-way!

Reach Chitradurga by about 7.45 PM.

Felt tired to drive further. (In hindsight, that was a good decision, because the road from there to Hubli had some bad patches, including a railway crossing)

So halted for the night at one of the lodges abutting NH4. Neither the food nor the stay was memorable.

Next day, got up early. Skipped breakfast - planned to have it enroute.

Stopped at Kamat Athithi at Harihar. There was only one more family there having breakfast. First time I have stopped at any empty Kamat!!

On the road again, this sign gives hope that we'll reach home, sweet home by night fall.....

Name:  Halfway.JPG
Views: 794
Size:  211.1 KB

It is more than 20 hours since we experienced rainfall, and I was expecting the clouds to open up by the time I reach Belgaum.
Old 17th August 2010, 00:08   #198
Senior - BHPian

No end in sight...

It is almost midnight, and the end is not in sight - the work at office, I mean

The skies opened up - only to deceive! Except for this downpour near Shiggaon (before Hubli), it didn't rain at all, till Pune.

However, the rain allowed us to get these snaps....

Stress buster!!-img_2537.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2538.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2539.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2540.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2541.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2542.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2543.jpg

Think there has been enough discussion on this elsewhere. The gate on the last picture is that of VRL - this is a success story in logistics / transport!
Old 17th August 2010, 01:33   #199
Senior - BHPian

End of trip...

1.30 AM and still on the job.... office as well as log

But, the pictures end here...

Once we hit the Hubli bye-pass, it is smooth sailing - the Belgaum to Kohlapur stretch tickles the ones' driving senses. Take an hour's lunch break at Belgaum.

The rain cloud flatters to deceive - no rains at all. Drive non-stop from Belgaum to Pune (except for a couple of fuel breaks) and reach Pune by 8.00 PM.

1st round trip complete. 2nd trip to start shortly....

Be sure to tune in!

Bye!!
Attached Thumbnails
Stress buster!!-img_2534.jpg  

Stress buster!!-img_2544.jpg  

Old 17th August 2010, 01:50   #200
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You got tired of your Palio is it? I see that your signature has changed.
Old 17th August 2010, 06:59   #201
Team-BHP Support

What is that temple? Never seen it. Never drove through NH4 myself. Always on a bus and that too at night.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:15   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What is that temple? Never seen it. Never drove through NH4 myself. Always on a bus and that too at night.
ampere, thats a Jain temple near Hubli that is the Left hand Side after about 7-8 Kms you cross Hubli towards Bangalore. There is a mention of the same with details on the first few pages.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1973491-post29.html

(Page 2 of the same thread)

As you travel by the night, I am sure that there is little chance that you get to see this unless you passing this very early morning at dawn.

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th August 2010 at 09:18.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:52   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
ampere, thats a Jain temple near Hubli that is the Left hand Side after about 7-8 Kms you cross Hubli towards Bangalore. There is a mention of the same with details on the first few pages.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1973491-post29.html

(Page 2 of the same thread)

As you travel by the night, I am sure that there is little chance that you get to see this unless you passing this very early morning at dawn.
VRP, even that night travel gone down to zero, after my parents shifted based to Bangalore.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:10   #204
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Low voltage at your end ampere? You are replying to VRP for a comment posted by Paragsachania!

Just read in the news that from 1st sept it will take 15 mins by the controlled access elevated toll way from bangalore city to nelamangala! That's good news.
Now if they complete the orr to complement the nice on the other side, it will help a lot of people going left, right and centre of bengaluru.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:15   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Low voltage at your end ampere? You are replying to VRP for a comment posted by Paragsachania!

Just read in the news that from 1st sept it will take 15 mins by the controlled access elevated toll way from bangalore city to nelamangala! That's good news.
Now if they complete the orr to complement the nice on the other side, it will help a lot of people going left, right and centre of bengaluru.
Yes really... LV at my end! Low on sleep for the whole of last week
Sorry for that Parag!

Last edited by ampere : 17th August 2010 at 10:17.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:19   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I refreshed this page again to check the voltage was back to normal and ampere had edited it accordingly but saw your post!

Quote:
MS, I took the finished part of this access controlled road last Tuedsay evening and it took me just 12 minutes to reach the NICE intersection of Tumkur Road and another 15 minutes to reach home!
I was lucky that they had opened all these bridges on this day but later closed it for completion of work.

On the other hand the underpass work at most of the ORR intersection has been moving at good speed and we hope it will solve the woes. The most worrying factor on the ORR now is not the main road but the service lanes which house huge IT Complexes and create chaos in mornings and evenings making it extremely difficult to get onto the main road.

Ironically at times, traffic on service lanes is higher than the main road of the ORR!! My wife's office shifted to one such park few months back and it was her first day at work after her long matetnity leave and she hated the Jams on the service roads which took 40 minutes for a mere Kilometer to reach he main Road.

@ampere, thats alright as I later realised that it was due to low v/g. I blame it on the current power scene in Bangalore!

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th August 2010 at 10:21.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:16   #207
Senior - BHPian

Question -
Quote:
You got tired of your Palio is it? I see that your signature has changed.
Answer -
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Sorry, guys!

Been neglecting my thread.

If you see my changed signature, you'll understand why. (Of course, you have to replace the magic three letter word which we love, with the four letter word which makes us all do something for a living.....)
To update the current status, left home today morning at 2.00 AM and back at my desk at 12.30.... Don't know how I manage to do these things for the pittance pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Never driven on NH4? Unbelievable. I remember my first trip down this road in 1990, from Hubli to Chennai - it was a fantastic tree lined highway. Especially the part from Bangalore to Chennai via Chittoor. Wonder what is the status now - if the 4 laning has not caught up with that section, Ampere, you can still drive down that road to Chennai (see route below) and enjoy yourself.

Quote:
Any alternative to people who wanted to avoid Bengaluru....

I have taken this route also once just to avoid Bangalore while going to Chennai from Pune! Tumkur - Dodaballapur - Chittoor - Sriperumbudur - Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
MS, I took the finished part of this access controlled road last Tuedsay evening and it took me just 12 minutes to reach the NICE intersection of Tumkur Road and another 15 minutes to reach home!
I was lucky that they had opened all these bridges on this day but later closed it for completion of work.
PS, what you wrote reminded me of these -

a. some time in early 2000s they synchronised all the signals on Mount Road, Madras. I tried it once - if you keep a sedate speed of 40 to 50 kmph, you will hit green every time and reach Saidapet from Devi Theatre within half-an-hour (a distance of about 20 kms). Looks like they are trying out synchr0nised fly-overs now!

b. Similar experience in Hyderabad, Delhi and Mumbai service roads beneath the fly overs. And both these cities have these extremely long fly overs. If you get on them mistakenly, you have no option except to travel till the end. Think fly over to Hyderabad is one of the longest in our country. So, someone was smart enough to leave break in between at Bengaluru?

Thanks to all of you, for the nice comments.

I was thinking of taking a small break (may be even forced to take it if my system goes into ADS, whereby access to the net will be cut off)

In the meantime, was thinking of uploading Bhuleshwar pictures in MX6's thread. Shall I go ahead, MX6?
Old 17th August 2010, 13:24   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was some discussion about photography at yesterday's tapri meet at Pune.

So tried my hand at photo processing, using this photo - and made a complete hash of it!

Heheh, somehow this post made me chuckle VRP

I really liked what you did to that pic

Last edited by anilisanil : 17th August 2010 at 13:26.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:58   #209
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!

May be it will encourage / spur me to do it better the next time...

So as to encourage the followers of the thread, let me restart my teasers / quiz sessions...

Identify this place, anyone? Especially now that you know the route I traveled - twice over...
Stress buster!!-img_2552.jpg
Old 17th August 2010, 14:05   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Identify this place, anyone?
have seen similar stretches in Dharwad - Haliyal - Dandeli road and also on Haliyal - Yellapur road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks