Team-BHP - Stress buster!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Stress buster!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/85134-stress-buster-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 2039025)
Kali River : at Karwar
Gangavali river : between Ankola and Madangeri
Aghanashinai river : between Kumta and Honnavar
Sharawati : immedeately after Honnavar.

if there would have been 5th major river, the name could have been Punjab instead of North Canara (named by british).

@Star
Which one is Kali? I have been through that area but cannot recognize it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2039133)
@Star
Which one is Kali? I have been through that area but cannot recognize it.

The one between Karwar and Sadashivghad.
there is a long bridge which was closed some time back and then re-opened again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2039086)
I see the board saying Narayana Mahamaya, is it Lakshminarayana Mahamaya Devasthana?

Yes, Samurai. This is indeed the Laxminarayana Mahamaya Devasthana at Ankola.

Hey, all of a sudden there is a sudden spurt of interest in rivers!

Thanks, StarVegabond! You'll make a AshishPallod soon! (Waiting for the Kaas meet)

Ampere, I am a loser when it comes to geography. Can't help you on this one. Somebody else also mentioned the river Kali during my first trip. Search this thread for the answer.

MX6, as if Mula and Mutha are much better! Am sorry to say - the famous Deccan Z bridge has not been submerged this monsoon. Bund Garden and the Sangamwadi bridge is more like a gutter as of now. BTW, there was an attempt to clean up Cooum, but don't know what happened! Good thing they had done is to create a breakwater at the beach where it meets the sea - else even marina beach would be stinking now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 2039135)
The one between Karwar and Sadashivghad.
there is a long bridge which was closed some time back and then re-opened again.

I could not make out the Kali river bridge, though I have gone over it so many times!

Also I was doubting that because, one side would be the sea and on the other side there is also a Konkan railway bridge which was not visible. Hence that doubt.

Whew!! Finally got up with you all. Have been delaying reading this thread since this does not make for light reading - made the most of the Onam holidays and finished it. Great job, all.

@mm - thanks! Indeed, the contribution from all the viewers has made this an interesting topic.

Had a good night's sleep, followed by a sumptuous breakfast and we were at Manipal well before the schedule time.

Being Sunday, the place was almost deserted. Someone had requested for pictures of Manipal Univ, so here goes -

Attachment 412677

Attachment 412678

(@ AP, Please appreciate my photographic skills - I have turned my all white Palio into a white / silver combo ...:D)

Attachment 412679

Attachment 412680

Attachment 412681

Attachment 412682

Attachment 412683

I must observe here - everything looks neat, clean and well organized. I'll rate it next to the Infosys Electronic City, Bangalore campus... Hinjewadi & Kharadi (EON) (both at Pune) look great too, but something feels missing in these places.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 2040752)
Attachment 412677
Attachment 412678
(@ AP, Please appreciate my photographic skills - I have turned my all white Palio into a white / silver combo ...:D)
Attachment 412679
Attachment 412680
Attachment 412681
Attachment 412682
Attachment 412683

@VRP,
I will appreciate your photographic skills unless.....
....i can see the pics in this post.:D

There is no pic that can be seen or opened in this post,
only links are visible which are also invalid links.
please repost.

Sorry - don't know what happened. I remember seeing the preview, but....

anyway, here goes! (waiting for it, AP!)

Stress buster!!-img_2581.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2582.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2583.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2584.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2585.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2586.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2587.jpg

The pics are nice,
the views are good,
the colors are refreshing,
the photographic skill is excellent!!!

Btw, Manipal univ campus is good but...
...vidya pratisthan campus at 12mati is equally good or better and i mean it.

@AP
I can't comment as I've not seen Vidya pratishtan campus. But then I've seen Manipal campus transform since last 20 years. 20 years back, there was nothing. NOTHING.
But I do hate the kind of concretization and modernization that has come up in the last 4 - 5 years. Manipal was heaven till 5 years back. And the campus is huge. It would take a couple of hours to walk from end point to endless point crossing nothing but colleges/ staff quarters/ hostels and shops that cater to these.
There used to be a very old video on Manipal - Blooming of Bald hills. I'll check with the university officials the next time I land there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 2041682)
The pics are nice,
the views are good,
the colors are refreshing,
the photographic skill is excellent!!!

Man, another hidden attribute revealed! We have a poet here!! AP sure has plenty of aces up his sleeve!!!

vidya pratisthan campus - will make a detour next time I go that side

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 2041694)
But then I've seen Manipal campus transform since last 20 years. 20 years back, there was nothing. NOTHING.

Your words remind me of Auroville - similar transformation there too. Goes on show that, where there is a will there is a way!

Work was over quickly at Manipal.

Before proceeding to Mangalore, took a quick visit to these two places. What is a visit to Udupi without a stop at these two famous landmarks!

Food for the mind and soul....divine!
Stress buster!!-img_2593.jpg

Food for the stomach - equally divine!!
Stress buster!!-img_2599.jpg

Man! The campus looks awesome! Never seen such places in India.
I guess I should travel more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 2041712)
We have a poet here!!

what??
me and poet??:Shockked:

kya irada hai?
subhah subhah kyo muze bakara bana rahe ho?:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 2041694)
@AP
I can't comment as I've not seen Vidya pratishtan campus. But then I've seen Manipal campus transform since last 20 years. 20 years back, there was nothing. NOTHING.
But I do hate the kind of concretization and modernization that has come up in the last 4 - 5 years. Manipal was heaven till 5 years back. And the campus is huge. It would take a couple of hours to walk from end point to endless point crossing nothing but colleges/ staff quarters/ hostels and shops that cater to these.
There used to be a very old video on Manipal - Blooming of Bald hills. I'll check with the university officials the next time I land there.

A big +1 to that. I had mentioned the same in another thread earlier. I had been to Manipal in the first week of June 2010 and was visiting the place after approx 10 years. Everything in Manipal (and Udipi too) has changed. Too much new concrete structures killing the town. :Frustrati

Missed the old Manipal that I had seen in the 90's. Small educational town and Udipi too was a beautiful town with the small narrow roads with bus drivers driving crazy on those roads esp the Udipi-Manipal ones on the road from Kalsanka to Kunjibettu.

Sorry for the OT :OT

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2041757)
Man! The campus looks awesome! Never seen such places in India. I guess I should travel more.

I am sure you will find the time, Ampere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1fan (Post 2041807)
Everything in Manipal (and Udipi too) has changed. Too much new concrete structures killing the town. :Frustrati

Price of development! Don't worry, somethings however still remain the same, as the following pictures show! BTW, these OT discussions add spice - so keep them coming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 2041804)
kya irada hai?
subhah subhah kyo muze bakara bana rahe ho?:D

kaas ke liye khuch kaas thayari kar raha hoon....:D. However, I did like the way you expressed yourself there!!

Samurai, if you are reading this -

the roof in the foreground (2nd and 3rd pictures) is the Anantheshwara temple, right?
Now the problem is - couldn't see the deity clearly (that's another grouse with temples in south - too dark and the deity is far off to see properly).
I always though that Vishnu is famous for his 'Ananthasayana' pose - in which case he (the vigraha) has to be reasonably big.
However, as compared to Padmanabha temple (of Trivandrum) the area of the sanctum sanctorum was not so big.
So, how exactly is the deity placed? Upright or lying down?

Stress buster!!-img_2588.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2589.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2590.jpg

However, if this not the Anantheswara temple, then which one is this?

f1fan, except for the concretisation and the car park, the area retains its ambience - till now!

Coming up next - the personality whom we have discussed several times here!