Team-BHP - Stress buster!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Stress buster!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/85134-stress-buster-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 1980401)
Here's today's picture of the day!

Can anyone guess the vehicle from its tracks?:D

Hint - Am sure that these will not be seen on roads!!

Its a Quad-Bike ATV?

Tyres seem a tad too huge to be that, but heck no points lost for guess wrong! :D

EDIT: Did you head up the Agumbe ghats, sorry if I missed this somewhere. Was just wondering how's the view from Sunset point in this season :D

Sorry for not being able to keep my promise yesterday. (Too immersed in work and the thread of the rally team....:D)

Anyway, this is how the Day 4 culminated. Unexpected gift from the gods, I should say!! And it was good omen too, because daughter got what she wanted...

After a quick change of clothes (sea visit, remember?), went to the temple for a leisurely darshan. There was a swarm of devotees thronging - thought it would be a long queue and delayed darshan. But we were wrong. Because, the preparations of the chariot to take out the lord for a trip around the car street was underway.

Stress buster!!-img_2427.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2428.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2429.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2432.jpg

Samurai and MX6, please explain the relevance of the two chariots and significance, please....

And this was the orchestra! We call it panchavadyam in Kerala. What is it called in Karnataka?

Stress buster!!-img_2431.jpg

This is Malpe beach.

In the back ground, u could see the huge shed, which is actually a Ship building center, at Bandar, a few kms away from Malpe beach area.

Tyre tracks - :( dont know

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 1981415)
Its a Quad-Bike ATV?

Tyres seem a tad too huge to be that, but heck no points lost for guess wrong! :D

Did you head up the Agumbe ghats, sorry if I missed this somewhere. Was just wondering how's the view from Sunset point in this season :D

Hmmm... that would be vehicle to enjoy the sea here! But nowhere near the answer!

May be my hint conveys something like JCB, Excavator etc.

Revised Hint - Even CVs are manufactured by few people, right? This is a niche product for just a couple of companies :)

Agumbe + Rains + Family = Vetoed! But then, during monsoon thought that probability of viewing of sunrise + sunset at Agumbe are remote. Hence skipped it (rather, reserved for a future visit!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 1981441)
Revised Hint - Even CVs are manufactured by few people, right? This is a niche product for just a couple of companies :)

IT MAY BE 4X4 MILITARY TRUCK.

The temples have two moorthis. The Urchava moorthy and the Moolava moorthy as we call in Tamil.
Moolavar is fixed in the Sanctum Sanctorum. Here's it's Krishna who's turned around to give Darshan to Kanakadasa. The Urchava moorthy is the one who circumambulates the car street. Urchavam in Tamil is the equivalent of Utsav or Utsava. So during festivities, the diety is brought out in all his glory to the streets. There's a lot of pomp and fanfare associated. He either comes out in his famous vahanas, like Garuda for vishnu for instance, which is carried on shoulders of people. Or he sits in his Palkhi, which is again carried on the shoulders or the chariot which is lugged by people and pushed by Elephants. There's fireworks, music and prayers all around.
I believe this was started so that everyone can experience god. During dark periods when all people weren't allowed inside the temple, God used to grace the streets to go to them. Down the line, this became a festivity in itself.
Most of the Vaishnavite temples have this concept of Moolavar and urchavar where in the urchavar goes around in his cars or vahanas. very few shaivaite temples have it.
Guess, it's more to do with Dwaitha and Adwaitha. Adwaita realises self as the supreme soul, one with god. Dwaitha separates Jeevatma from paramatma. So when Adwaita says, god is inside you, you don't need urchava murthy to come to you, Dwaita states that There's a god and if you can't go to him, he'll come to you!
Many a wars have been fought over Dwaita and Adwaita. Even St. Tyagaraja (one of the musical trinity) sang Dwaitamu Sukhama, Adwaitamu sukhama.
Normally, the car street in every temple goes around the temple with the Moolavar in the middle. Only in Udupi, the Car street is not around Krishna mutt but completely outside it.
So to answer Tyagaraja's unanswered question, here, the Urchava murthy of Krishna doesn't go around his Moolavar statue. It goes around 2 shiva temples!
Thought provoking. But in short, this is what Sanatana Dharma always stood for.
Satyam, Shivam, Sundaram or Anbe Sivam or Tatvamasi or Aham Brahmasmi.
Contemplate on why they do these kinds of rituals, you'd find deeper meanings.

And coming to the two cars, one is the old golden chariot of Krishna (gold plated ofcourse). The other is the latest addition to it. The Navaratna chariot, studded with 9 types of precious stones.
Till the Navaratna chariot came as an addition, the temple was like any other place. Now we have beefed up security and a closed car street for vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramod (Post 1981436)
This is Malpe beach.

In the back ground, u could see the huge shed, which is actually a Ship building center, at Bandar, a few kms away from Malpe beach area.

Tyre tracks - :( dont know

Correct - about the beach and the shed. Any further info about the ship building place, Pramod. I saw two ships under construction. Behind the shed, there appears to be a causeway to launch them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1981473)
IT MAY BE 4X4 MILITARY TRUCK.

Bingo!

I thought these trucks were enroute to Karwar Naval Base, and they wanted to check it out - test drive sort of :uncontrol.

The tyres were so huge, that they came up to my shoulder!! See the imprints of the tread on the sand.

Being military trucks, I thought I better not mess around shooting(:)) them! Who wants to get into trouble with these guys?

Couldn't make out whether they were MAN or MAHINDRA.... what would their bhp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1981504)
And coming to the two cars, one is the old golden chariot of Krishna (gold plated ofcourse). The other is the latest addition to it. The Navaratna chariot, studded with 9 types of precious stones.

Very, very interesting and informative. Boy, that was quick too!!

Think have already posted the close-up of 'navratna' in the beginning....

Now, on one chariot the 'urchavar' sits to go around the temple. What about the other chariot - who sits there?

There is one Moolavar. There can be many urchavars! And if there aren't then imagine what happens when you buy a new sedan with money to spare? You'd give your palio to your wife right? So Krishna's consort might ride it :D

Here's a video of the Navaratna car. It was the 3rd or 4th day of inception.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1711135-post22.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 1981509)
I thought these trucks were enroute to Karwar Naval Base, and they wanted to check it out - test drive sort of :uncontrol.

The tyres were so huge, that they came up to my shoulder!! See the imprints of the tread on the sand.

Being military trucks, I thought I better not mess around shooting(:)) them! Who wants to get into trouble with these guys?

Couldn't make out whether they were MAN or MAHINDRA.... what would their bhp?

By the way when I used to frequent Karwar the Nay base (also called Project Seabird) had just started. Initial project outlay was spanning multiple five year plans. The shocker to me was when I read some where that they will be re-routing NH17 out of the Project region. NHAI was supposed to re-plan the route (Not sure how much of that is true).

But the biggest shock was when once going back to Karwar, I noticed a small hillock not there which I knew used to be there :Shockked:

Thats when I realized the momentum of the army!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1981582)
imagine what happens when you buy a new sedan with money to spare? You'd give your palio to your wife right? So Krishna's consort might ride it :D

Terriffic:uncontrol

Thank Goodness, I have only one palio (and one wife) and can't spare money to buy a sedan:D

What about the info on the temple orchestra?

To get back to the story, (readers please sort out for yourselves who sits where!), this is how the idols / moorthis were anointed in the chariot, which was then pulled by the thronging devotees around the temple. Magnificent spectacle...

Stress buster!!-img_2433.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2434.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2435.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2436.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2437.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2438.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2439.jpg

It was getting dark by the time the idols were installed and this was the best my A450 could do.

Let me be honest here - driving a car is much easier than taking pictures. To do everything in a short span of time to capture a glorious moment of time requires skill. period. After this, you got to sit in front of the PC to enhance what ever you have shot - so much hard work is no fun stupid:

I am better off, honing my driving skills....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1981596)

Thats when I realized the momentum of the army!

Just a small correction. Karwar is a Naval base. :)

Project sea bird is HUGE and very important from strategic defense pov. This is one of the few steps in the Indian Navy becoming a full fledged Blue water Navy.

Not sure if NH17 has yet be re-directed, but from what I saw of the part near the Naval Base I feel it needs to be done avoid any operational/security issues once Karwar is fully operational.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 1981627)
Just a small correction. Karwar is a Naval base. :)

Project sea bird is HUGE and very important from strategic defense pov. This is one of the few steps in the Indian Navy becoming a full fledged Blue water Navy.

Not sure if NH17 has yet be re-directed, but from what I saw of the part near the Naval Base I feel it needs to be done avoid any operational/security issues once Karwar is fully operational.

Sorry for that typo! But yes I actually saw the start of that construction, when the geography was being surveyed. I used to stay around that Karwar at that time. It was HUGE, as you rightly said.

When the festivities of the day were over, this was how the place looked like.
Stress buster!!-img_2442.jpg

Stress buster!!-img_2443.jpg

Couldn't believe that all that pomp and glory just vanished.... and no trunk (elephant) power this time round!

Bid adieu to the Lord, and went back to the hotel - for an early start for Day 5. (the real purpose behind the trip).

Today's quiz!

Name this place.

Hint - Nothing!

Stress buster!!-s.jpg

OK, OK, don't get worked up - this is the fag end of a chain; and, the real place is, well, ahem, unspoken...:uncontrol (My English standards are slipping?)

MX6 is likely to have seen this place. But for others, especially in Maharashtra, this is where it begins (or ends?). Enough - too much said already:)

Another amazing place which many people driving this circuit end up missing is Kudremukha. I missed suggesting this to LDL. Actually Kudremukha is a bikers paradise.
Coming to your place, yes. I've been there.