Team-BHP - Monsoon Magic...with a touch of Deja Vu
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Monsoon Magic...with a touch of Deja Vu (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/85306-monsoon-magic-touch-deja-vu-3.html)

I might give Belgaum a skip due to the trouble brewing up. I might take the Kolhapur - Ratnagiri - Goa - Karwar - Honnavara - Jog route.

Am going to Amboli prior to Jog, so the have the option of 2 routes...either through sawantwadi-Goa or through Begaum....should I wait and take a decison at the last moment?

Well..I will be at Jog on the morning of the 30th of July....hope it will be in full flow by then!!!

Hi Guys,
one small route query....what would be advisable? Hubli - Yellapura-Sirsi-Jog or through Mundgod?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix1976in (Post 1992543)
Hi Guys,
one small route query....what would be advisable? Hubli - Yellapura-Sirsi-Jog or through Mundgod?

Take the Yellapure route. If you have done many times, then you can give Mundgod a try.
ExtremeTorque did it recently. But road is not good.

From that point of view, Yellapur-Sirsi is better.

Did you stay with Nature Trails at Dabhosa? I went there a couple of years ago when they had just tents and no electricity. Nice place and not too far from the city either!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix1976in (Post 1992543)

My query is almost similar -

Any idea of the road conditions in the Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Honnavar-Udupi route?

Hear that there was more than 75mm rains in Honnavar yesterday!

Hi,
Really good to see the rain drenched snaps. Really soothing for the eyes. Yet to check out the complete TL. Thanks

Super Pics! I had been to Bhandardara long back and the whole place was pretty messed up and dirty with all lodges and accommodation facilities. The fogs and the cool temperature is the scenes at some places is very good. After seeing this, I want to make another trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfheart (Post 1992801)
Did you stay with Nature Trails at Dabhosa? I went there a couple of years ago when they had just tents and no electricity. Nice place and not too far from the city either!

Yup, have stayed there once...No electricty, no fans, very primitive and rustic with just the roar of the waterfall in the background...good for a nights stay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami316 (Post 1993087)
Hi,
Really good to see the rain drenched snaps. Really soothing for the eyes. Yet to check out the complete TL. Thanks

Thanks buddy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1993092)
Super Pics! I had been to Bhandardara long back and the whole place was pretty messed up and dirty with all lodges and accommodation facilities. The fogs and the cool temperature is the scenes at some places is very good. After seeing this, I want to make another trip.

Guess you went to the wrong part of town...MTDC is right on the fringes of the forest sanctuary...green, wet and mean!!

Super Pics...You inspired me to plan for Bhandardhara again.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 1992958)
My query is almost similar -

Any idea of the road conditions in the Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Honnavar-Udupi route?

Hear that there was more than 75mm rains in Honnavar yesterday!

Yeah...last i heard was that parts of NH17 were blocked out..any updates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer78 (Post 1993661)
Super Pics...You inspired me to plan for Bhandardhara again.......

Thanks buddy..

Jawahar palace from the sprawling grounds
Monsoon Magic...with a touch of Deja Vu-palace-green.jpg