Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 10:20   #31
BHPian

Finally, tribute to Team BHP.
Foggy Jog, sweet pineapples, a few leeches and unkempt ruins!-tbhp.jpg
Old 16th July 2010, 12:42   #32
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Virupaksha temple has one sanctum with no idol inside. You go in and close the doors, you'd find the shadow of the vimana, inverted on the back wall of the sanctum. Early demonstration of pin-hole camera.
And yes, People don't learn about littering. During the shooting of Myth, Jackie chan was choreographing a stunt scene. During a practice take, while moving around in the fight postures, he started picking garbage up one by one. The shocked crew seeing him came running to tell him not to worry and they'll clean it.
Jackie retorted - It's your heritage. If you don't protect it, you will lose it for ever.
It's been years since Jackie chan did that act. The littering continues.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Virupaksha temple has one sanctum with no idol inside. You go in and close the doors, you'd find the shadow of the vimana, inverted on the back wall of the sanctum. Early demonstration of pin-hole camera.
And yes, People don't learn about littering. During the shooting of Myth, Jackie chan was choreographing a stunt scene. During a practice take, while moving around in the fight postures, he started picking garbage up one by one. The shocked crew seeing him came running to tell him not to worry and they'll clean it.
Jackie retorted - It's your heritage. If you don't protect it, you will lose it for ever.
It's been years since Jackie chan did that act. The littering continues.
MX6, i am amazed by the knowledge you have about these finer details across different places in the country (noticed in some other logs also). Yes, we did see the inverted image of the vimana and WOW! its a marvel.

And thats an interesting fact (on the sets of The Myth) you shared. My friends who have travelled to different countries shared the efforts the respective governments take to protect their heritage sites. Its a sad state of affairs here :-(
Old 16th July 2010, 14:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

That was a wonderful travelogue with great pics.

About the care of our heritage and monuments, I feel the same way. We have such a huge treasure of monuments but we can not trap the tourists. Tourism is neglected in India. People are equally responsible for spoiling our monuments in addition to the neglect by the government.

Here in Egypt, they have Tourism and Antiquities Police. They literally cordon off the monument area. Very particular about rules. Only exception I have seen here is few of them letting you allow to take pics where it is prohibited.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
That was a wonderful travelogue with great pics.

About the care of our heritage and monuments, I feel the same way. We have such a huge treasure of monuments but we can not trap the tourists. Tourism is neglected in India. People are equally responsible for spoiling our monuments in addition to the neglect by the government.

Here in Egypt, they have Tourism and Antiquities Police. They literally cordon off the monument area. Very particular about rules. Only exception I have seen here is few of them letting you allow to take pics where it is prohibited.
Thanks TB.

Yes, i am in Alexandria right now (not physically but on page 6 of your Egypt travelogue ) and i did see you mentioned the prohibited photography part.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:13   #36
BHPian

Planning to visit TATR this weekend with family. Hope we make it and will try to have another TL, shortly..
Old 21st July 2010, 23:24   #37
BHPian

good road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
How was the road between Anandapuram and Thirthahalli. That stretch was pathetic when I drove it 3 months back.
the road was excellent except for a 20km patch before shimoga which passes next to backwaters of bhadra reservoir i suppose.it was dream from agumbe to tirthahalli.this was exactly 11 months back.

pg
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:23   #38
BHPian

Hi
The pics look really cool. Just checking out them at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
the road was excellent except for a 20km patch before shimoga which passes next to backwaters of bhadra reservoir i suppose.it was dream from agumbe to tirthahalli.this was exactly 11 months back.

pg
WOW! Agumbe to Tirthahalli! This route will be etched into my mind for the rest of my life...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi
The pics look really cool. Just checking out them at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked em'. Wifey did most of the trigger work. TATR coming up next week. Cant wait to shoot the majestic beast
Old 28th July 2010, 17:55   #40
BHPian

TATR done! here is the TL: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-up-close.html
Old 28th July 2010, 18:06   #41
BHPian

you seem to be on a roll! First this and then TATR! Great snaps of monsoon roads and landscapes, loved the ones on the bridge with foggy hills in the background. Quite an inspiration for the Hyd folks!
Old 29th July 2010, 00:27   #42
BHPian

Thanks sriram, we were waiting for the monsoons. We were as parched as the summer land for a vacation, and then these happened. Hope you are enjoying the TATR log.

And yes, i was disappointed about moving out of bangalore but on the other side, i can drive and connect more with my baby if driving from hyderabad to other states ;-)

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 29th July 2010 at 00:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks