Team-BHP - 2nd Delivery : RD350 and Mumbai - Pen - Alibaug - Kashid - Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   2nd Delivery : RD350 and Mumbai - Pen - Alibaug - Kashid - Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/85674-2nd-delivery-rd350-mumbai-pen-alibaug-kashid-mumbai.html)

NOTE: This is rather an old trip from my Flickr. Trying to bring them one by one here on BCMT. All my trips have been on RD350 as I believe that a bike on highway is better than 2 in garage. Also all trips have been done using GoogleMaps and none of those path were traveled by me before. It is just me, NOMAD, GoogleMaps on my N82, Pics courtesy again my N82 and Outlook Weekend Getaway.

Date: 04 April 2008, Start Time: 03:30 AM, End Time: 08:15 PM

Route: Vashi ( ATM/Petrol ) - Panvel ( First Tea Break )- Karnala ( Bird Sanctury ) - Pen ( Ganesh Temple) -Alibaug ( Beach )- Kashid (Beach)

Riders: Me on Rd350 and Sushil on Rx100

Pillions: Swapnil (the tracker) and Nishad (Entertainer)

Briefing:
They say plans never work out. So we never had any plan for this trip. Just after dinner on Thursday, we were having some deserts when the trip was decided. It was already 02:00 AM so rather waiting for the morning sun to start, we decided to leave early wishing to see the sunrise at alibaug/kashid. Sushil/Nishad sticked a bill on their shop "Shop Closed For Today". Swapnil took a "Sick Leave" from his office.( his doctor prescribed him to visit a clean beach )
Me, was dying to get my hands on bike for a hell of a long ride since she was reborn.

So finally we left home by 03:30 AM
1st Break ( 15 min ): at the ATM to fuel ourselves well.
2nd Break ( 15min ) at the Gas Pump to fuel up the bikes.
3rd Break (20 min ): Then we headed to Panvel where we planned to take a small tea break at our regular tapri.
While crossing Panvel, came across a Pulsar guy who wanted to know the manf. year of RD.
The next halt was decided to be at Karnala.
However, by the time we reached Karnala it was 05:00 AM. It was still dark so we decided to move ahead to our destination.
4th Break ( 15 min ): We passed by the ISPAT, Gitapuram and halted on the bridge for some quick snaps.

The time we moved ahead from the bridge, it was about to sunrise.

With the first ray of Sun came the first hurdle in our way and the adventure began.

Emergency Break (60 min ):
Rx100 just broke down. Found out that the spark plug top pin was melted. A safety Bike (RD350) went ahead in search of a mech to nearby village. Got the Spark Plug, replaced and back on road.

5th Break ( 5 min but the diversion consumed 45 min ): We reached Pen and took a diversion to the Ganesh Temple in the city. Now I was not aware of this but the Tracker with us was talking about some significance regarding this temple.

After recieving the blessings from the Lord we kicked off the roaring engines back on highway towards our destination.

6th Break ( 90 min ): Finally we reached Alibaug and felt relaxed to see the shore.

As usual I got a friend of mine (kaalu the dog). I guess he was already familiar with the photoshoot things so he didn't moved much and gave us the best pics we expected (lol).

After few more snaps we moved ahead on our way to Kashid.

7th Break ( 90 min ): It was 09:30 in the morning and I felt the voice of N.O.M.A.D changing.(N.O.M.A.D is my dear RD.)

The 7th break showed a bit nervousness on face of all 4's coz the right carb was overflowing heavily. Turned off the fuel cock. Sat back to relax for a while. Kept then engine running so that all fuel in carb will get used.
Finally told the guys to declared it as a breakfast break and trailed 5 minutes back to a local hotel.
The breakfast included bhurji, vada pav, kanda bhajiya and misal pav (no ketchup available). Guys had the softdrinks and for me dont even ask..... I end up my breakfast by sucking the remaining petrol from carb. Checked and found the fuel to flow again as soon as the cock was turned on. Finally, used the spanner to hit the carb (suggested by mech). Magically and to my surprise the trick worked and now there is no overflow. We moved ahead on our journey.

Someone said very true,"Life is a Journey, U have to ride it to the destination no matter whatever the hurdels are".

8th and the Final Break:
Finally, we found ourself passing by a small village (i dont remember the name but surprisingly it had a YAMAHA showrrom). From here to kashid the half way was a single lane winding, zig-zagged concrete road surrounded by local houses which made me realize as if I am on a MONACO F1 track. The other remaining half way was truly exotic, breathe taking with sea on right and dense forest on left.

We were soon amazed to see a the golden sand between the road and sea. We thought to take another break here and finding a way to reach near water. (To be true, none of us have been to Kashid before)

While we were wondering about all this we found a man, chairs and few small shops on the beach. And the satisfaction and achievement was visible on our face when we knew it's Kashid. However, this whole Vashi - Kashid ride took glorious 7 hours.( we were in no hurry to wrap up the trip so all the breaks were too brief to enjoy).

Stay and the Return Journey:
=======================
Well the canopies, cool breeze and coconut water is all we enjoyed for long before we found ourself in a need to look out for a loo. Needless to say (ofcourse we are humans) and have not taken a break since last night. It was 11:30AM in morning.

Well the little forest on the other side of the road was tempting for our nature-calls and there we go........

Well, now was the time to relaz, play in blue water and relax. Thats all we did apart from taking few snaps.

The time seemed to fly and soon it was evening 6:00 and we packed our bags and left this heaven of white sand.

I hope as you went through this Tlog of mine, u enjoyed it. There will be more trips to come and so will the new updates.

As they say, "Life is A Journey and You have to travel along"

Heard of a walk in the clouds. First time, seeing a BIKE in the CLOUDS! Brilliant imagery and imagination.
And nice doctor too!

Hey Abhi,

Cool start to the TL. Good to see a RD after a long time.

Wow nice that you wrote about it. I really longed on buying a Rx atleast. But that never materialised! Will surely buy one day though

Road trips are fun

Thanks MX6 (The Pool man). Went through your little chit-chat over the pool table. So you finally got the ball thru pocket at meet.

Sami, I already have my travalogues on my flickr pro account. Just moving them here now to share among us (like headed guys).

Maddy, 2 strokes are like blood to tiger's mouth, irresistable.

But guys getting RD on touring is real tough. The next Tlog would be of Mumbai-Harihareshwar via Tamhini 2 day trip with 48 hours of rain and 8 bikes.

That's a cute name! Pool Man!
And is your trip to Harihareshwar over or are you going to do it? Because I'm driving down the Tamhini this weekend to Harihareshwar, dive agar and srivardhan.

Not only the ball which I'm supposed to hit, but I managed to hit quite a lot of opponents balls and the cue ball (6 times) in the pocket. I'm getting a hang of it, and guess with 2 or 3 sessions, I might play good!

Oh me did the Mumbai-Lonavala-Mulshi-Tamhini-Nizampur-Shrivardhan-Harihareshwar about a year ago. Will try to upload it in next 2 days.

Roads are simply WOW. One thing for sure that Maharashtra has better roads in remote villages as compared to the city roads.