Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 21:47   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Arindam. I already had a virtual tour thanks to you!
Sorry for the OT
Old 28th July 2010, 09:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi Sarang,

The pics are really looking awesome. Hampi looks even more beautiful in these pics. Haven't been here yet. Wish to do it in the near future.
+1 to that. The pictures are very good esp the leopard dog. The roads look inviting and the pics gives me ideas of a Hampi trip.

Very well written and informative.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
There's another brilliant place near Badami. It's called Pattadakkal. Pattadakkal is a terrific place which is again flagship architecture. Sadly, that's one belt I've missed and am twiddling my thumbs about it.
That's right. Thanks MX6, I could not recollect. It is Pattadakkal. Have heard abt it as one amongst the nicest places around Hampi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
If you want to have a virtual tour, you can refer the travelogue I mentioned 3 posts earlier. Before Hampi, we had also visited Badami-Aihole-Pattadkal

@sforsarang: if you don't want to walk from Virupaksha temple to Vitthala temple (which involves a little trek over a a hillock), you may take your vehicle till Vitthala temple via Kamalapura. for hotel I would recommend Hotel Mayura Bhuvaneshwari at Kamalapura - you are so close to Hampi.
Arindam, I was not aware of this trek from Virupaksha to Vitthala temple. We had a guide who covered Virupaksha first and Vitthala in the last and everywhere we went by car only !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Hi sforsarang Nice Pictures of Hampi. For those who want to go to Mahbubnagar do not miss this turn attaching the photograph.This is before you cross Jadcherla town a road going on the left.This is from my friends camera.
Hey thats really useful guys. Do not miss this turn. As I said, it is quite easy to overlook. Thanks Gajadonga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
+1 to that. The pictures are very good esp the leopard dog. The roads look inviting and the pics gives me ideas of a Hampi trip.

Very well written and informative.
Thanks goandude, I would recommend it as a must visit place, especially if you want to go as much closer to our heritage as possible.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:57   #19
BANNED

Nice Pics and I think you have chosen the best place for visit.
If I'm not wrong "Chandamama" was taken in Hampi I think.
I came to this guess after seeing the pics posted by you.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforsarang View Post
Arindam, I was not aware of this trek from Virupaksha to Vitthala temple. We had a guide who covered Virupaksha first and Vitthala in the last and everywhere we went by car only !
From Virupaksha temple, if you walk straight down the road, you will see erstwhile Hampi Bazar in both the sides. This road ends on a hillock, there is a Big Nandi monolith at the foot hill. Also 100 odd meter before the hillock, you have a gallery on your right hand side, which has got the photographs of monuments of Hampi in different era, taken from same angle.

If you trek this hillock you will reach Achyutraya temple first, and then onwards to Vitthala temple.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforsarang View Post
Before even I start writing this travelogue, I thank ExtremeTorque

This is what I call a driver's delight (Gadval to Raichur road)
Attachment 394371

It is actually a dog and a case of forgotten identity. This one pretending as if it is a leopard !!!
Attachment 394376

Thats TBHP for us! I was immensly helped out by regulars like Silverwood, ampere, gajadonga, HVK and others, when i decided to embark on the same trip. I just did some data transfer

Loved the above 2 snaps. Wish i had done the Gadval - Raichur stretch one way.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd June 2011 at 14:27. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:29   #22
BHPian

Re: The Spirit of Hampi

Will anybody help with shortest route from Kochi to Hampi ?
The Car is Linea, low GR, hence pretty good road though little longer prefered.
How is climate next week in Hampi ?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks