Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 23:38   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
+1 to that. I thought tiger sighting is over. Nice surprise my friend.
You people need a standing ovation for sighting tigers for two consecutive days. God bless you all (some lucky fellow), isn't it?
Thanks Joy. As i said earlier, we were extremly lucky. We spotted the cubs again that evening! comin up
Old 30th July 2010, 00:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

5 Stars from my side too; this is very informative thread especially the 24 hour battle of Sambar. Good to see you having spent close to 30 minutes spotting soon to extinct animal in this planet.
Old 30th July 2010, 00:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
5 Stars from my side too; this is very informative thread especially the 24 hour battle of Sambar. Good to see you having spent close to 30 minutes spotting soon to extinct animal in this planet.
honoured is the word i was searching for! First MX6, now you!

I just hope i can have my grandkids have the same experience of spotting the ones in the wild and many more too.
Old 30th July 2010, 10:59   #64
BHPian

Awsome writeup buddy and truly great pictures....
Old 30th July 2010, 12:28   #65
BHPian

Tip of the iceberg pics

hello team
Excellent narrative Arun.
It was a sort of a mini team-bhp get together at tadoba for us.
Its a great thing to assign faces to online user ids.

Arun when you came across us on sunday morning we were with the cubs for almost 10 mins and in the total 15-20 mis that we spent with the cus we shot aout 16gb photos and vids. We literally went hammer and tongs as the setting of this cub sighting was perfect and it was one of our dream locatios to get the cubs in. you seldom get the cubs in open like this and that too in lush green background like this - this was all too perfect.

Unfortuately my laptop's giving me trouble and it will be a while before I am able to process the best shots which have all been shot in raw - hence the delay in contributing to this thread.

However , presented here are some good shots that me and my team managed to get. Mind you these are only the tip of the iceberg pics. better ones will follow soon. Enjoy these
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1-copy.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-2-copy.jpg

How many can you spot in this ?
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3-copy.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-4-copy.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-5-copy.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-7.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-8.jpg

The bear that was missed by mostly everybody who were engrossed in viewing the cubs.
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-9.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-10.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-11.jpg

This one (We call him circuit) came right upto my gypsy front tyre to investigate and I had to scramble to change lenses to get my wideangle out - the 3 didnt fit in 17mm frame either !! They were that close.
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-12-copy.jpg

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-13-copy.jpg

Here are some other super shots of the cubs that we got a week back http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&id=569205581 ad http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1994732

While we were shooting these stills, Anirban got a few videos with his p&s which was useless to take any meaningful pics but was excellent for video purposes. A point for ppl to remember to take videos with their point and shoot cameras if they r not getting good stills !!

Here are the vids uploaded on FB.

Login | Facebook
Login | Facebook

If you up the volume you can hear the excited chatter of our group. Although we come across tigers regularly as a part of our jungle documentation activities, having the cubs against lush green grass was a dream come true for varun and me. Enjoy these cubs through our eyes.

Arun, we will be going back to Tadoba this weekend again to track the pregnant female that we missed on monday morning whose pugmark pics you have posted.

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 30th July 2010 at 12:37.
abheekg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2010, 12:45   #66
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pics there Dr. Ghosh. So when do you think I should plan a visit? I was thinking of dropping by Tadoba in Oct or Nov enroute to a planned trip to Kashi. Now that I have injured my leg, I'm thinking of such long drives for some time.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Fantastic pics there Dr. Ghosh. So when do you think I should plan a visit? I was thinking of dropping by Tadoba in Oct or Nov enroute to a planned trip to Kashi. Now that I have injured my leg, I'm thinking of such long drives for some time.
Thanks for the kind words MX6.
Any time is good time to be here sir. I can join you if you plan over a weekend.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 30th July 2010, 13:07   #68
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That is an invitation I can't resist. I shall draw up a plan and keep you well informed. Ofcourse, my wife and baby go where ever I go. So it involves considerable planning.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:18   #69
BHPian

@abheekg: Looks like you made them stand and pose for you. Great pics.
Would love to join if you have anything planned in the south.

@extremetorque : Am sure, the two day training brought you down to earth
Old 30th July 2010, 13:45   #70
Team-BHP Support

Dr Sahab and ET, Amazing Snaps! Classic and a Mission I must well accomplished!
Here are my 5 stars!
Old 30th July 2010, 15:02   #71
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
@abheekg: Looks like you made them stand and pose for you. Great pics.
+1 to that. It really feels that the cubs are asked to pose and they are obliging.

Excellent pics, Doc.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

Once I saw the first set I thought that was all and you were lucky. Now I must say that you are super lucky to spot so many of them for this long. The pics are awesome. The tigers look healthy too. I just hope poachers leave them on their own else next generation would just see pics posted by people like you.

Excellent work behind the lens. 5* from me too.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 30th July 2010 at 15:36.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:42   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Pics ! I could hear my heart beats when I was looking into the pics of the cubs and I did shiver a bit thinking how it would have been for you guys watching from a close distance.

Also the Sambhar story was informative. Good writings too!

You have the skill to keep us glued and with the excitement and curiosity -- probably you should try writing some thrillers too
Old 30th July 2010, 22:50   #74
BHPian

Hi all
Thanks everybody for the kind comments.
Its my pleasure to bring out the beauty of these jungles for all of you through my eyes. Infact it is our mission to spread the message of biodiversity conservation and we have found good wildlife photographs to be an excellent tool for the same.

Biodiversity conservation through photography is the theme on which we are working on this year.

Anyway, I hope you have taken a note of these 2 videos also and note the shutter sound of our cameras among the excited chirping !!

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 30th July 2010, 23:22   #75
Joy
BHPian

These thread deserves to be a 5 star with so many superb pics of tigers around. Hope these royal animals survive the crisis and remain forever. They are so majestic, so poised, so grandeur, unbelievable and yet so vulnerable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks