Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:29   #91
BHPian

Fantastic video's of the Tiger and sure is wonderful feeling to see the cat in the natural habitat. Thank you for sharing..

Rated 5 * from my side.
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic set of pictures. I loved the Lush Green + Stream one. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Torque Active,

You captured all that moves in jungle from big to small and small to big.
Liked the drive and passion in you...enjoying every moment of the forest and its habitat. Like I had told you...“Finally, enjoy other wildlife, birds and feel the forest and the tiger will come your way”.

Enjoying your experiences, thanks.

Regards,
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:28   #94
MX6
Senior - BHPian

+1 Fazal. I was about to mention that and you stole the words of my mouth. I'd been to Gir 7 times. The first two times, it was a mad rush to spot the lion. We couldn't manage to see the lion in the wild. I was dejected. Then it dawned upon me that wild life is not about the biggest and mightiest. The next 5 trips, I spotted lions all around. I was enjoying spotting every animal that came my way that after a couple of trips, the lion was yet another beast in the jungle! And yes, they did turn up.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:26   #95
BHPian

Iam happy to post my first comment on Team-BHP , but I envy this trip as I missed out on going to Tadoba with Extreme Torque :( But the pics are too appealing for me to plan a drive to a tiger reserve...Iam sure Extreme Torque would always be ready for a vroooommmm
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Fantastic video's of the Tiger and sure is wonderful feeling to see the cat in the natural habitat. Thank you for sharing..

Rated 5 * from my side.
WOW! Thanks a ton IR! I am more than glad i shared these with ya all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Fantastic set of pictures. I loved the Lush Green + Stream one. Thanks for sharing.
Nidhi, a thank you from one of the TBHPians (for stopping the car without explanation, shoving that camera into my face and capturing this pic). Thanks for the complements PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Torque Active,
You captured all that moves in jungle from big to small and small to big.
Liked the drive and passion in you...enjoying every moment of the forest and its habitat. Like I had told you...“Finally, enjoy other wildlife, birds and feel the forest and the tiger will come your way”.

Enjoying your experiences, thanks.

Regards,
Fazal sir, your right! Looking back at the trip, we now cherish every wild life sighting as much as we do of the tiger. Thanks again to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Iam happy to post my first comment on Team-BHP , but I envy this trip as I missed out on going to Tadoba with Extreme Torque :( But the pics are too appealing for me to plan a drive to a tiger reserve...Iam sure Extreme Torque would always be ready for a vroooommmm
Welcome to TBHP prashant. We missed you buddy. Next trip you are on for sure, else you will be in my boot. (Sorry for the OT. Prashant is my collegue at work and accompanied me to our trip to Jog, Agumbe and Hampi recently: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mpt-ruins.html)

The guy on the right is Crankshaft05 a.k.a Prashant

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-prashant-me.jpg

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 2nd August 2010 at 22:55.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:36   #97
BHPian

Luck and time running out, it was time for our last safari. Being a Monday, there was not much tourist traffic so we decided to take our car for this one. Though we did not spot the Tiger, we did spot quite a few other animals, especially the spotted deers. This safari was all about deers actually. In one of the bylanes, we stopped to take a snap of a deer crossing the road. Just when we thought it was over, a whole herd followed. There might have been some 100-150 that crossed the road. We waited a good 20 mins for all the deers to cross. Male, female, young, old, there were all types in the herd. Our guide then said that the first one that crossed was the Alpha male and the herd followed it.

This one would be more of a photolog. Enjoy

This is where you will spot the Tigers in the summers, man made watering hole
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1754.jpg

Rains subdued, the flow in the Andhari river decreased
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1756.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1762.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3383.jpg

Wild mushrooms
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1765.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1804.jpg

Villagers inside the core area. They cycle/walk through tiger infested areas and i am told the MH govt is not doing much to rehabilitate them. Every walk is a success story for them
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1767.jpg

These were used for the Tiger census. The census guys spend days and nights on these to take count
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1768.jpg

Some more of the lush gree and stream
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1774.jpg

This bird is called 'titwee' in the local tounge
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1779.jpg

Deer crossroads
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1786.jpg

Can you spot the deer
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1788.jpg

Bison at a distance
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1806.jpg

By the time we could close in, it disappeared into the bushes
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3449.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1807.jpg

The national bird
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1809.jpg

Had a hair cut
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1810.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3450.jpg

Deer herd crossing
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1827.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1831.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1854.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3481.jpg

Jungle quail
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3459.jpg

The national bird yet to have its natural hair cut
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1868.jpg

Wild boar waiting to cross
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1870.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3514.jpg

Not sure but this looked beautiful
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3377.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3386.jpg

My baby took a beating after the off-roading
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1887.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-1889.jpg
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:40   #98
BHPian

Some more of the deer Herd

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3482.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3483.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3484.jpg
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3496.jpg

The last deer
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-3503.jpg
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Arun,
Keep it coming, good stuff from your side. Now you definitely need more advanced photographic equipment (see attached pic why?).

For all from Hyderabad or all India who want to visit Tadoba or Pench, remember the best source of help and guidance is Dr. Abheek Ghosh from Nagpur who is not only extremely familiar with these reserves but also very involved in wildlife conservation, photography and also a T-BHP member which most of you know. He is just a PM away.

Regards,

‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-img_3075.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 3rd August 2010 at 11:04.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:18   #100
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the photos, E-T, you desperately need an upgrade. I see that your PnS is not doing justice at low lights. The deer in the shrub with it's eyes all lit up show that you've used a flash and that has washed out the photo.
Time for an upgrade man! You can continue using hte PnS for regular shots or on the fly shots and the SLR for more serious photography!
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:29   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Really enjoyed the pics, ExtremeTorque. Especially after your wonderful luck with the tigers, you didn't get fixated and forget to see, and photograph, so many other things.

I thought, "I still wouldn't like to drive across that river", then I scrolled down and saw a guy pushing his bike across!
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:05   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Arun,
Keep it coming, good stuff from your side. Now you definitely need more advanced photographic equipment (see attached pic why?).

best source of help and guidance is Dr. Abheek Ghosh
Agree! Abheek travels to Tadoba almost every weekend and knows his way around pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Looking at the photos, E-T, you desperately need an upgrade. I see that your PnS is not doing justice at low lights. The deer in the shrub with it's eyes all lit up show that you've used a flash and that has washed out the photo.
Time for an upgrade man! You can continue using hte PnS for regular shots or on the fly shots and the SLR for more serious photography!
Like i said earlier, i was not much of a camera guy. But seeing the photos on TBHP (Like the one attached by Fazal sir above, Abheek's Tiger photos, Maha log by MX6) i am surely inspired to buy an SLR.
I was struggling with turning the flash off and some photos were taken with the flash, unintentionally . Using a flash to photograph wild life is not recommended IMO. It can scare the animals away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Really enjoyed the pics, ExtremeTorque. Especially after your wonderful luck with the tigers, you didn't get fixated and forget to see, and photograph, so many other things.

I thought, "I still wouldn't like to drive across that river", then I scrolled down and saw a guy pushing his bike across!
Thank you TEG. I plan to upgrade my camera and hope to post better pics next time around.
The river, though looks placid in the photo was actually rumbling and i couldnt muster courage to cross it. Thats when that chap in the bicycle comes along and crosses it without sweat!
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:19   #103
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Well the key is surface area contact. The cycle tyres with gaping holes in between the spokes offer enough area for the pedestrian to push and walk across, as water flows freely between them.

Your car wheels offer more surface area of contact with the water flowing. I'd have waited for a local vehicle to cross too before venturing. A sudden current can destabilise things. Last thing I'd like to see is my car becoming a boat.
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:08   #104
BHPian

The logistics

TATR Map
‘THE COLD STARE’ - I always heard about it, read about it. Now I know it - up close-tatr-map.jpg

If you are entering the Moharli range:

Ask specifically for the below people

Driver Bandu Mankar - 09921980564.

Forest Guide Raju (Ranjan) -

For booking the MTDC resort at Moharli you would need to call Mr. Deepak Bhimanwar or Mrs Vandana Bhimanwar @ 9822563554/9850525054. They reside at Chandrapur and would want you to transfer the booking amount to SBI Chandrapur branch A/C number 30291063429 (Bank code/IFSC - 30346)

If you wish to stay at a private resort: the best option is Saras Resorts 9764993833/9422139353

There are 4 entry gates out of which we covered only Moharli

1. Moharli: 25km. from Chandrapur
2. Navegaon: 130km. from Nagpur via Umred, Chimur, Khadsingi
3. Pangadi: 25km. from Sindewahi
4. Zari: 30km. from Chandrapur, Chichpalli

The temperature there: Link
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:18   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

LOL - The national bird did not get a hair cut but it was case of mistaken sex identity. She rules the roost while He is the jester with fancy wings to impress her with courtship dance. Get it? They go by names Peahen and Peacock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks