Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 09:19   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lalu

Those are some fantastic pictures.

I am sure this would be known as the "Great Morning Walk of Tranquebar"
and would motivate several followers to embark on such walks.

Old 8th August 2010, 09:30   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Lalu

Those are some fantastic pictures.

I am sure this would be known as the "Great Morning Walk of Tranquebar"
and would motivate several followers to embark on such walks.

Thanks Star.

Some info from facebook - Already some people have sensed the flair for travel in the south nowadays is Tranquebar and is contemplating to give it "Leh of the South" tag . So being the hottest destination, let's give them all the details
Old 8th August 2010, 10:23   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks Star.

Some info from facebook - Already some people have sensed the flair for travel in the south nowadays is Tranquebar and is contemplating to give it "Leh of the South" tag . So being the hottest destination, let's give them all the details
Great Morning Walk at Leh of South, that sounds simply awesome.
it is better we copy right it before facebook guys put their claims on it.

Breakfast becomes the main meal especially when we are on the road tirp.
A good brekafast will help in keeping us energetic throughout the day.

We also had a fantastic breakfast, with only one exception.
We had expected the south Indian fair at the breakfast table. But it turned out to be a typical english spread consisting of Bread-Toast-Butter-Jam, Fruits & Juices and Eggs made to order, followed by Coffee or Tea.

When we enquired about the south Indian dishes, the attendent told us that the spread is decided based on the type of occupancy they have. If there are more foreigners, then the spread would be english, if it is mostly Indians then it would be south Indian. Now we know the logic.

here are some breakfast moments.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-breakfast-moments.jpg

It was the Friendship Day. SMSs started coming in on most of the mobile phones. It continued throughout the day. We are adding more reasons to celebrate when already everyday is a festival as per Hindu Calender.

it was some time past 10 AM, time to go to the fort.
Old 8th August 2010, 10:49   #124
Senior - BHPian

Most of us might have seen the movies, "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" or "For a few dollars more" or "Macenna's Gold" etc, where a team of cowboys raid a fort or some cemetry or some mountain or vally in serach of forgotten wealth.

we also witnessed similar raiders at the Danish fort, but this time they were Cow-Girls

The Good
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-good.jpg

The Bad (Sorry dear...you are the most well behaved and courageous among all)
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-bad.jpg

& the ugly (dear v, whenever you see this in future don't beat me up)
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-ugly.jpg

When they come together...Dhan..Dhana..Dhan
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-shoot..shoot..shoot.jpg

Now we were ready to raid the leh of the south...oh sorry...the danish fort
(Lalu, slowly Leh of the south begin to envelop my mind)

Last edited by StarVegabond : 8th August 2010 at 11:05.
Old 8th August 2010, 10:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

Seems Cow Girls use Cameras to shoot instead of guns these days. It is such a sight seeing one with each of them.

Regarding the Leh part, dont worry it's still a passing phase
Old 8th August 2010, 11:00   #126
Team-BHP Support

Classic shots star! A real Western (err.. Southern) in the making!
Old 8th August 2010, 11:27   #127
BHPian

Lalu, I think we have seen the entire tranquebar now
Old 8th August 2010, 11:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

I have no words for this logue but still....nice photography and ppgraphy.

I had my first lehar-7up 20 years back at some shack at Mahabalipuram beach.
At that time, there was no market place like today and whole area was empty without any shops etc.

Quote:
We had some entertainment too
Attachment 399707
Best of the logue.

Quote:
Mahabalipuram to Pondicherry distance was 96KMs, it was a breeze drive on ECR,
ECR is a great road,
Its great road to drive, wish i have some property along this road.

Quote:
Consulted Mona (I take pleasure in introducing you to my GPS lady)
I am also looking for Mona but thinking that do i really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I actually was under the impression that Tranquebar is a hotel/lounge in Pondicherry. Now that I am better informed,
Same case with me.

Quote:
View of the majestic fort

Ek Ghar (that of a runk),
Aur ek Ghar.. (that of a raja)
Arey bhai, kahe ka fort,
it looks more like the ghar of raja as you rightly mentioned.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 8th August 2010 at 11:56.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

I will let pictures speak about the fort & the museum

View of the fort from the gate of the bunglow
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-01-view-fort-bunglow-gate.jpg

About the danish fort
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-02-about-danish-fort.jpg

Modern day source of water
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-03-modern-day-source-water.jpg

Fort Panaroma from the gate (pardon me for the colour different in the sky..i have not done the colour tone mapping)
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-04-fort-panaroma-inside-my-attempt.jpg

Security chamber and the view of the sea
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-05-security-chamber.jpg

Cannon top view of the sea
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-06-cannon-top-view.jpg

Main fort balcony
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-07-main-fort-balcony-kings-seal.jpg

About the museum
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-08-about-museum.jpg

What is there inside...some old paintings
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-09-some-old-paintings.jpg

Some nostalgia...replica of the boat which brought the missionaries here
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-10-some-nostalgia-replica-boat.jpg

300 year old agreement between the two kings
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-11-ancient-agreemnt-between-two-kingdoms.jpg

some old artifacts
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-12-some-old-artifacts-found.jpg

Bone of a whale
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-13-bone-whale.jpg

Drawing of the fort from 1669
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-14-drawing-fort-1969.jpg

Tiny Cannon (mind it not a nikon) and cannon balls
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-15-tiny-cannon-not-nikon-cannon-balls.jpg

view of the sea from inside
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-16-view-se-inside.jpg

A been here, done that picture
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-17-customery-been-here-done-picture.jpg

Fort from another angle
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-18-fort-another-angle.jpg

Where eagles dare
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-19-where-eagles-dare.jpg

well inside the fort
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20well-inside-fort.jpg

Ladies exploring the fort on their own
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-21-ladies-exploring-fort.jpg

Bombaiwala exploring the dungeons
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-22-bombaiwala-exploring-dungons.jpg

another view of the sea
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-23-view-sea.jpg

Lalu exploring the fort
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-24-lalu-exploring-fort.jpg

Home of the Royals
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-25-home-royal.jpg

Home of the commoners
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-26-homes-mortals.jpg

View of the church (& the water tank)
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-27-view-church.jpg

Fort interior panaroma
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-28-fort-panaroma-attempt-camera.jpg

Bunglow from the beach
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-29-bunglow-fort.jpg

it was almost past 11 AM, SUN was scorching, we decide to go back to the bunglow.

before we go back to bunglow..let us see Lalu's pictures and view about the fort...over to you Lalu

Last edited by StarVegabond : 8th August 2010 at 13:02.
Old 8th August 2010, 13:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Lalu, I think we have seen the entire tranquebar now
, Thanks Arindham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I have no words for this logue but still....nice photography and ppgraphy.

Best of the logue.
Thanks Ashish.
Old 8th August 2010, 13:57   #131
Senior - BHPian

Tranquebar

Dansborg Fort & Museum

By 10:00AM we visited the Danish fort. The Power Puff Angels after enacting their cow women shows, kept their cameras in their pocket and quickly invaded the Dansborg Fort.

We paid our entries and entered the Fort.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0885.jpg

Inside you have a Fort and a dungeon.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0824.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-fortin1.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0827.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-fortin2.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0841.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-fortin3.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0868.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0869.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0873.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0874.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0875.jpg

Canons kept along the fort

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0878.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0879.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0883.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0884.jpg

The Fort is now converted to a small museum. Some pictures from the museum.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0844.jpg

Name:  0845.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  451.9 KB

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0856.jpg

Some windows photography experiments

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-windowsc.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-window3.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-windowuc.jpg

The Uppanar River

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-0872.jpg

Sea is filled with fishing boats all over

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0880.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0881.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0882.jpg

By around 11:00AM we finished the Fort and Museum and returned to the Bungalow. IT was scorching hot, and the cool AC of the room really was a relief.
Old 8th August 2010, 15:12   #132
Senior - BHPian

Tranquebar

On seeing the rustic dark ambience of the Bungalow in that hot weather is so soothing that you have to feel it to believe it.

Welcoming interiors

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0818.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0819.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0821.jpg

Star was in room named Oldenberg

Name:  20100801_0399.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  181.5 KB

And me in Elephant

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0400.jpg

After some rest Star and the others wanted to look around the other attractions nearby. The Power Puff Angels and me decided it is enough for now and decided to stay back at the Bungalow.

After a power nap and relaxation, I ventured out to the balcony of the Bungalow.

The rustic wooden spiral staircase

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0385.jpg

Beautiful living room

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0310.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-room-2.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-room.jpg

You can see the Fort from the windows
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0301.jpg

Views from the Balcony

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0285.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0288.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-balcony.jpg

The Pool and the Sea

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0326.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0327.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0378.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0338.jpg

Fishing Boats all around

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0277.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0278.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0279.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0280.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0286.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0293.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0294.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0297.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0314.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0315.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0316.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0367.jpg

Name:  20100801_0368.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  166.4 KB

After a while came down and relaxed in the AC for some more time.
Old 8th August 2010, 15:52   #133
Senior - BHPian

Tranquebar

Sat down in the corridor over looking the garden for a while thinking about the time spent at this place.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0386.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0299.jpg

A strange feeling of freedom, was always the emotional note in the mind. I was as free and wandering like a butterfly.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0837.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0840.jpg

Kept a note in my mind, I have to be back some time for a longer stay, switching off fully and touching yourself. As all other wishes, this also goes into that long list of things I must do.

It was 12:00PM, the shadows of the pergola gave an interesting object to try some more experiments.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0274.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-pergola5.jpg

By this time Star and the others have returned. We all wanted to climb up the terrace at 12:00PM to look around . A birds eye view around.

Name:  20100801_0311.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  185.3 KB

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0312.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0313.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0366.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0369.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0325.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20100801_0376.jpg

But it gave some very good panoramic views.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-panorama2.jpg

We could not even spend 10 minutes up there due to the heat. We all rushed back.

Ordered some continental and Indian dishes for lunch. Power Puff Angels forced the chef to make curd rice! A great lazy lunch for an hour.

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-dscn03811.jpg

It was amazing, we were recollecting the wonderful short moments that we had at this never so heard of place.

After Lunch we took a team picture

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-dscn04301.jpg

Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-img_05171.jpg

This is one stay which has gone deep down into my mind.

Well then that's what life is, It is full of Surprises.

Tranquebar - You'll stay in my minds for a long time to come.

After lunch by 14:00PM we bid farewell to this place and moved on to our next destination.
Old 8th August 2010, 18:41   #134
Senior - BHPian

As Lalu has already driven out of Tranquebar, i need to quickly finsihoff my part of the story and follow him, else it would be difficult for me as i do not know tamil and do not have mona with me.

I am sure Lalu might wait for me somewhere ahead...

With Lalu and kids deciding to stay back and relax rest of us took a walk outside on hot sun.

I do not have much energy left as i got de-hydrated, hence i will let pictures tell their story.

In memory of the founder of tranquebar
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-01-memory-founder.jpg

The founder was a pioneer..
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-02-being-first.jpg

Old teachers training institue, it was Danish Commander's home
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-03-teachers-training-institute-formerly-danish-commanders-house.jpg

New teachers training institute
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-08-another-training-institute.jpg

Zion Church
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-04-zion-church.jpg

Interiors of Zion Church
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-05-interiors-zion-church.jpg

About ZION church
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-06-about-zion-church.jpg

The ZION cross
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-07-zion-cross.jpg

New Jerusalem Church (NJC)
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-09-new-jerusalem-church.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20-njc-front-view.jpg

Inside NJC
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-11-inside-njc-1.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-12-inside-njc-2.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-13-inside-njc3.jpg

Builder of the NJC & his final resting place
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-14-builder-njc-church.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-15-final-resting-place-ziegenbalg.jpg

A bit of history of NJC
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-16-bit-history-njc.jpg

Another view of NJC..imagine this was built in 1718
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-17-njc-side-view-imagin-built-1718.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-18-njc-view-another-side.jpg

Marit time museum..this basically tells us about the Tsunami and after effects.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-19-marittime-museum.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-21-tsunami-museum.jpg

Historical map of Tranquebar @ Maritime museum
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-20-ancient-map-tranquebar.jpg

TELC school
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-22-telc-school.jpg

If you see such a structure on Bangalore ORR, it might be Lalu's home
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-23-if-you-see-such-structure-outer-ring-road-bangalore-probably-lalus-home.jpg

Have a closer look, it might have design variations, ensure that you donot miss it.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-24-take-closer-look.jpg
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-25-might-even-look-like-.jpg

Lalu may hire them to build his house roof top
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-27-lalu-may-hire-them-build-his-own-roof.jpg

Another side of the bunglow on the beach
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-26-other-side-bunglow-beach.jpg

Even if it was about 12 noon, some tourists taking the dip in sea
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-28-some-tourists-taking-dip-sea.jpg

& Fishermen at work
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-29-fishermen-still-work.jpg

Next time when we are at New Tharangambadi, it might look like below.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-30-new-tharangambadi.jpg

We returned to the bunglow, completely sweating. Took one more shower to get freshen up.

Then ordered lunch, while waiting for lunch, visited the Terrace for the final view and pictures of the Tranquebar..coming up shortly.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 8th August 2010 at 18:43.
Old 8th August 2010, 19:20   #135
Senior - BHPian

While waiting for the lunch to be served, I visited the Terrace for a complete view of the Tranquebar or Tharangambadi

It a nut shell, what is Tranquebar ?, It is a combination of...

a 13th century temple on the beach
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-06-13th-century-temple.jpg

a 17th century danish fort
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-01-17th-century-danish-fort.jpg

The blue ocean ..ofcourse
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-02-blue-ocean.jpg

There is a jetty for one to walk..and experience moonlight
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-04-jetty.jpg

There are fishing boats
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-03-fishing-boats.jpg

on a ozone rich beach
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-05-ozone-rich-beach.jpg

Bunglow with a pool
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-08-bunglow-pool.jpg

with some garden and great views
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-07-some-great-views.jpg

with some humble and courteous staff
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-10-humble-courteous-staff.jpg

suitable for cloud gazing, sun bathing, book reading, relaxing, spending time with one's near/dear ones or do nothing.
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-09-cloud-gazing-book-reading-sun-bathing-relaxingdoing-nothing.jpg

the end result..happy people..and great memories.. that is all matters
Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni-11-happy-guests.jpg

we had a fantastic lunch full of conversations, good food, without any care for what is going to happen after the lunch,

after all we were among the family and friends... Happy friendship day.

After lunch, we quickly checkedout, got into our cars and drove out...

Destination: Velankanni....

Last edited by StarVegabond : 8th August 2010 at 19:22.

Most Viewed