Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 22:43   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Beautifull pictures. Is the weather there always like this or is the mist and the clouds there due to the monsoons?

What would you suggest that the best time to visit this place is? Does it get humid in monsoons?

Thanks
Regards
According to NIP, clouds are always there. There was absolutely no humidity. In fact, at night we were sleeping under a blanket. According to many, the best time to visit Kodagu is in Oct/Nov, that is just after the monsoons.
Old 10th August 2010, 00:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well deky: Coorgf does not get humid in the monsoons. The best time if you like rains would be months of july-sep and if you like a cool weather then Oct-Jan is an ideal time.

The reason i suggest the months of rains is coz the fields are freshly laid and its all green all around. Beautiful. I am seeing it as of now.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
According to NIP, clouds are always there. There was absolutely no humidity. In fact, at night we were sleeping under a blanket. According to many, the best time to visit Kodagu is in Oct/Nov, that is just after the monsoons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well deky: Coorgf does not get humid in the monsoons. The best time if you like rains would be months of july-sep and if you like a cool weather then Oct-Jan is an ideal time.

The reason i suggest the months of rains is coz the fields are freshly laid and its all green all around. Beautiful. I am seeing it as of now.
Thank you both. I think rains would a nice time to visit then. Also waterfalls ( excite me a lot) during the rains would be aplenty during this season.

And Thank God for no humidity!!!
Old 10th August 2010, 12:42   #34
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I agree. I would say Sept-Jan is the perfect time to visit Coorg, with the rains receding. There is absolutely no humidity here and it will be quite chilly in fact (nights will be freezing). In the Summer, it actually gets quite hot and humid due to all the greenery/vegetation around.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:05   #35
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Not at all. It started with my telling him that the track was quite motorable. Thats when he said the there had been someone who was from Team BHP who had done something of the sort!
Oh ok then Yes I have actually taken my scorpio all the way to the top. It was quite a task and the path was much better then. I have been going to this place in jeeps/gypsies 6-8 times a year in the last decade. Blows my mind every time! Actually this place is a favourite among the tbhp jeepers (Bang Bros). You can find many pics of the place in the 4x4 section.

Another thing i noticed you guys climbed up straight from the 'pond' area to the top. This is a mean task for folks who are not in shape! You could just walk along the jeep trail and its just a cakewalk to the top. Much easier, albeit a little longer. Sorry could not help posting a couple of pics. First one is on top and the rest are on the scenic roundabout path (that you missed). Hope you don't mind:
Attached Thumbnails
Our Coorg Sojourn-p1020290.jpg  

Our Coorg Sojourn-p1020206.jpg  

Our Coorg Sojourn-p1020208.jpg  

Our Coorg Sojourn-p1020214.jpg  

Old 10th August 2010, 23:36   #36
BHPian

Hey NIP, nice pics. Know what? I missed the rock in your first pic. I believe the view from the top of that is the best!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Oh ok then Another thing i noticed you guys climbed up straight from the 'pond' area to the top. This is a mean task for folks who are not in shape! You could just walk along the jeep trail and its just a cakewalk to the top. Much easier, albeit a little longer. Sorry could not help posting a couple of pics. First one is on top and the rest are on the scenic roundabout path (that you missed). Hope you don't mind:
Well both me and my wifey wanted to kinda test ourselves and so we gave it a shot....and were happy in the end! So I guess we are not that badly out of shape!!
Old 10th August 2010, 23:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Had the chance to climb the hill opposite to choma kund. The view is beautiful. Is very refreshing too but tiring!
Old 11th August 2010, 15:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Had the chance to climb the hill opposite to choma kund. The view is beautiful. Is very refreshing too but tiring!
Strange enough, but I havent been there even after being in Coorg for over 2yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I agree. I would say Sept-Jan is the perfect time to visit Coorg, with the rains receding. There is absolutely no humidity here and it will be quite chilly in fact (nights will be freezing). In the Summer, it actually gets quite hot and humid due to all the greenery/vegetation around.
right now the weather here is absolutely awesome. Cold at nights, cool during the day time. Showers all along. Summers are hot and humid. I feel more at home here in Coorg than in my place in bangalore. No wonder I chose to settle down here.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

Here is how choma kund looks or the road to there looks from the opposite side
Our Coorg Sojourn-4641_110532934049_680339049_2857388_383018_n.jpg
Old 17th August 2010, 20:40   #40
BHPian

I stayed at kabbe holidays a couple of days back, did the trek to the top second time in a year. Here are some snaps (sorry for putting up pictures in your thread neel).

Our Coorg Sojourn-picture-161.jpg

Our Coorg Sojourn-picture-164.jpg

Our Coorg Sojourn-picture-174.jpg

Our Coorg Sojourn-picture-175.jpg

Our Coorg Sojourn-picture-176.jpg

Our Coorg Sojourn-picture-185.jpg
Old 17th August 2010, 21:53   #41
BHPian

No problems pkumar! The more the merrier I guess!!
Old 18th August 2010, 07:29   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Neel, that sounds like an amazing trip. I always feel bad about the fact that I never did a roadtrip to Coorg when I was in Bangalore. It looks now like I realy missed out on something special!

Well written and the photographs are great also.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures. Just I started to develop a plan of visiting some place in mid of Oct'10. Mostly it will be between Chikmagalur or Coorg. Going by this travelogue & suggestion indicating that Sep-Oct would be the best season for visit, Iam sliding towards the latter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks