Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 12:43   #61
BHPian

Sad to see that such marine parks allow people not only to touch but lift things out of the water. Thats the big difference why we in India do not have marine parks equivalent to the ones I have been to abroad. In most countries you fined hefty if you let alone touch, but even touch your feet by mistake while snorkelling! No wonder there marine parks are teeming with wildlife and corals!
Old 9th August 2010, 13:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
wow,
so much info about this amazing place.

Now, i am confused, should i add this destination in my coming Dwarka visit?
AP, if time is a constraint, go to Narara. You can spot as much marine life as in Pirotan or any other place. Narara visit should not take more than 2 hours. Make sure you go at daybreak (around 7AM) so that you can come back by 11AM from the reef. Make sure you take the necessary approvals from Jamnagar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Sad to see that such marine parks allow people not only to touch but lift things out of the water.
Sarmarishi, while i agree that more needs to be done, the efforts of the Gujarat govt are commendable. They have a 24x7 armed guard to ensure no one gains unauthorized entry. The guide stationed there is also pretty knowledgable and takes appropriate precautions while handling marine life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks