Team-BHP - A Reef Full Of Life
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A Reef Full Of Life (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/86576-reef-full-life.html)

I am still in the land of

A Reef Full Of Life-5354.jpg

Doing what I do best

A Reef Full Of Life-5352.jpg

But something better got me in, better than this

A Reef Full Of Life-5327.jpg

Something better than these too

A Reef Full Of Life-5290.jpg

Something I will remember for all my life. A place I urge everyone to go. A place I have taken a wow to go each time I am here

A Reef Full Of Life-5293.jpg

Coming soon....

Food looks yummy; but I'm wondering if this is a continuation of http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ry-city-2.html

I know this is going to Gujarat. Is this about Rann of Kutch or Somnath /Dwarka?

The last pic looks like a place in Guj! I remember seeing it in a telugu movie as well.

I am eager to see whats this about ? did you do this trip on 4 wheels or 2 wheels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2010540)
Food looks yummy; but I'm wondering if this is a continuation of http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ry-city-2.html

Yummy, yummy, Slurp, Slurp!
This is a continuation in a way and I wanted to include this into that thread on Dwarka but you will see why I started a new one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 2010593)
I know this is going to Gujarat. Is this about Rann of Kutch or Somnath /Dwarka?

All in a short while. Keep watching this space for more lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kri$hna (Post 2010620)
The last pic looks like a place in Guj! I remember seeing it in a telugu movie as well.

I am eager to see whats this about ? did you do this trip on 4 wheels or 2 wheels?

I used a 4 wheeler but only upto a point. This is in Gujarat and I too remember seeing this in a Telugu movie, not sure which one.

A few more of this place. These should give away if you have travelled to the Saurashtra region

A Reef Full Of Life-5292.jpg

A Reef Full Of Life-5295.jpg

Last picture look like assymmetric tiles arranged. nice picture

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwaraka (Post 2011014)
Last picture look like assymmetric tiles arranged. nice picture

Thank you dwaraka. But most of our forum members disagree with my photographylol:. Its the landscape that was excellent and my humble P&S couldnt help generating this.

Can anyone guess which place this is? A hint here, the formations in the last few photos were due to the tidal wave movement.

ET nice patterns! Both on sand and on the plate!

Ok. Can't wait any further for people to come with guesses. Is it on the way to the Marine national park and coral reef which is around 30 odd kms from Jamnagar?
Did you also see the coral reefs?

So, on our way back from Dwarka. I saw a sign board that facinated me. And the best part was that it was just about 30KM's from my inlaws place. Me and wifey immediately planned to come back the next morning and explore this place.

Initially i was apprehensive about this place being secluded. I asked around and most people said it is absolutely safe and worth the effort. There were 2 particular gentlemen at a pan shop who said, 'you can go anywhere in Gujarat, with families (they meant ladies) at any time of the day/night at any day of the year and it would be absolutely safe'. And now, i completely agree with them.

60 KM from Jamnagar and 25-30KM from my inlaws place in Sikka, is the NARARA BET or NARARA ISLAND. One has to take the SH92 to Dwarka from Jamnagar, travel upto the ESSAR Wadinar refinary and take a right turn towards Wadinar. The landmark for this right turn is a small railway gate.

NARARA TAPU as the locals call it is a natural coral reef that is abundant in marine life. It is a classified Marine National Park and Sanctuary.

A Reef Full Of Life-5346.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque (Post 2011607)
Can anyone guess which place this is? A hint here, the formations in the last few photos were due to the tidal wave movement.

Looks like you went to Pirotan Island off the Jamnagar coast!!! Bring on the details, this is going to be a trip down memory lane for me.

A Reef Full Of Life-hhh-pirotan-island-trip-17k80.jpg

A Reef Full Of Life-hhh-pirotan-island-trip-11k80.jpg

A Reef Full Of Life-hhh-pirotan-island-trip-13k80.jpg

A Reef Full Of Life-hhh-pirotan-island-trip-16k80.jpg

EDIT: Oops! just saw your post after posting mine. We missed out on Narara Island, but it's part of the same chain of islands (some 42 of them) as Pirotan.

@ET - Oh!!! C'mon, don't keep the suspenses. Keep your travelogues coming. P&S or 500D, pics are still pics from unknown lands, atleast for me. Every time I open this thread, I see the yummy food at the beginning & whenever I see Dokhla, I want to eat something. Too bad to have posted it first. Now, keep the travelogue flowing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 2011706)
Ok. Can't wait any further for people to come with guesses. Is it on the way to the Marine national park and coral reef which is around 30 odd kms from Jamnagar?
Did you also see the coral reefs?

WOW! is there a place you did not travel, MX6?lol: The point was not to make people wait, was just caught up with office work. Boss :Shockked:breathing down my neck, you see.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 2011732)
Looks like you went to Pirotan Island off the Jamnagar coast!!! Bring on the details, this is going to be a trip down memory lane for me.

Nice pics there SST. Not sure if i can Match up to this level. And Narara, though a seperate reef, is very close to Piroten Tapu.

OK OK! No more waiting.

There is a strong reason for starting a seperate thread on this one, though this is just one day after my Dwarka Trip. First, i didnt see another thread on TeamBHP. Second I would like to highlight some issues this place is facing.

We started early only to see dense fog. Since this place was only 30 odd km's from my inlaws place, i decided to take our old-rusty M800 along. Due to the dense fog, we had to stop every now and then to make way to oncoming vehicles.

All fogged out and zero visibility

A Reef Full Of Life-5283.jpg

After crossing the ESSAR refinery at Wadinar, you take a right via the Indian Oil refinery. Just before the Narara entry, there are salt drying beds and this is the sight that greeted us.

Flamingo's ready for their breakfast

A Reef Full Of Life-5289.jpg

A Reef Full Of Life-5290.jpg

The road upto Narara is fairly good except for the last 2 KM's of kuccha road. The first shocker that greeted us was that there seemed to be not a single soul around. While we were just about to turn back reluctantly, I noticed a guy hanging around. I approached him and started enquiring about Narara island. He happened to be the guide to the Marine wild life sanctuary.

Then came the next shocker. One needs to obtain permission from the district collecter of Jamnagar to enter the Marine WLS. There was a lone armed guard at the entrance. We didnt really have the time or energy to go back to Jamnagar and asked the guide for an alternative. Some vitamin M and he agreed to take us along.

This is the entrance to the Marine Wild life sanctuary

A Reef Full Of Life-5291.jpg

A Reef Full Of Life-5292.jpg