Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 11:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That looks like a V engine from Honda. What's the model any idea? I like the way you respect the religion

no idea about the engine type,Buddhism teaches you to be around that "0" at all times,something that relates to the phrase"spend & god will send". but in Buddhism we spend on things that are basic & essential, & limiting our wants desires to "0".

5th day-on the fifth day we planned to go for local sight seeing, but i hate the routine things,like being herded along with other tourists,& clicking at monasteries & palaces,the rest of the guys too changed the plan & decided to return back to jullundhur,so we bid adieu to leh at 2pm that day & set off for kargil, reached kargil at around 8 pm, we all had the "desh bhakti" air filling our nostrils as kargil approached, just as Mr. saini was about to put his foot down from the scorpio, to get can of coke, he saw a full size poster of "ossama bin laden" on one of the walls, then i saw a gentry dressed in the same attire as bin laden,the young guys of were having fun that day on the roads blocking it, burning tyres, & banging the vehicles like drums,soon i found a guy with a tavera, alone & afraid, i was short of leaves, & i didnt desired to see gulmarg, & accompany others for that,so I & sid got our bags into the tavera. Mr. saini was hell bent on spending the night at kargil ,& he went away to search for a guest house, & we set of for drass & beyond in our tavera.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th April 2011 at 23:36. Reason: Merged posts. Please use edit option for posting within 30mins. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2010, 12:04   #17
BHPian

along the way to drass the guys were sitting on the road& had blocked it & one was flashing a torch at the vehicle's number plates,they did let our tavera pass after banging it too, the driver now had company & we set of for drass, cracking jokes. sid commented that how will the rest of the guys spend the night in kargil,i told him that Mr. saini is a brave man ,after 1 hour of driving the driver slowed down to let a convoy pass we were going quite fast, soon we saw a vehicle overtake us , doing 110 kmph, Its Mr. saini in the scorpio ,said sid, hahaha, we all had a mighty laugh that night, that lasted for quite some time, the driver laughed too, hahahha

our driver wanted to drive the whole night,& cover maximum distance, Mr. saini & we met at drass .we set of for srinagar at 12 am & they decided to stay at drass .we had gone another 90 or so kms, where a police man halted us at one of the check posts,& told us that he had received a call from drass police station, about us, he ordered us to return to drass & report to the SHO at drass , he told us that no vehicle is allowed to go beyond drass after 6 pm,there we saw 200 or more trucks parked,we didnt go back , parked our tavera behind a truck & slept in it.at 5 am in the morning the trucks roared in tandem, & we set off for srinagar & beyond.............that night we reached jalandhar at 11 pm.I drove the scorpio most of the way, leh was really something special, that can let your adrenaline flow,I plan to go their next year, in my own jeep, mm550.my friends made it sure that the adventure was maximized at all times ,what they did was to drink like maniacs during the night & set off for nubra/pangong at 11.30 am or so, we were usually the last vehicle at the permit check posts, & their we used to lie that we plan to stay there at night,as we had a 2 day permit,we found 1 or 2 local vehicles on our way & none when we came back,& driving alone is rael fun, at the permit check posts when we reported that we are back, the policeman shouted at us that this is no time to drive back to leh , Mr. saini used to say politely that every single tent was occupied there sir.....hahahaha.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th April 2011 at 23:37. Reason: Merged posts. Please use edit option for posting within 30mins. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2010, 12:45   #18
BHPian

dont try swimming at pangong, the water is freezing cold , thats me in pangong,the narration ends now ,i am ready for questions now, ask away people.
Attached Thumbnails
Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0008.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0009.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0010.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0011.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0013.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0014.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0016.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0017.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0018.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0020.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-dsc_0021.jpg  

Leh & Ladakh bitten by Scorpio {from July22-july28,2010}-photo099.jpg  

Old 16th August 2010, 12:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellletloose View Post
dont try swimming at pangong, the water is freezing cold , thats me in pangong,the narration ends now ,i am ready for questions now, ask away people.
HaHa...I did exactly the same thing and people thought I was crazy. Infact They happened to be right as it was'nt for more than a minute I could last in that freezing water. But it was fun.
deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2010, 15:38   #20
BHPian

Hi Hellletloose,

The pics were awesome. The fountain pics, I guess is from the Dal Lake.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:33   #21
BHPian

yes , its the dal lake,just got time to click some pics amidst the prevailing tension.

Most Viewed