Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 08:45   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ bIte tHe bulLet, as per your request, I've copied your posts from the Enfield ownership thread, to a new travelogue.

P.S. : Rating this thread 5 stars too
Old 6th August 2010, 08:52   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread is really amazing bIte tHe bulLet. Superb tarvelogue with great pics and awesome description. Rated it 5-stars. Bring on more pics. I'm just hooked on.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

bitethebullet,

Great log. waiting eagerly on.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:38   #19
BHPian

Hallelujah.................

@Bite the bullet. Narrating a story is an art in itself and You seem to be supremely gifted with this art.

You probably should be rechristened the Indian Tarantino.
If you ever plan to make a moviee on this, I want to be the first one to see it.
Lovely write up, wait for more............

I am loving it......................
Old 6th August 2010, 11:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
@Bite the bullet. Narrating a story is an art in itself and You seem to be supremely gifted with this art.

If you ever plan to make a moviee on this, I want to be the first one to see it.

Mayur,

First I misread, you will be the producer.

Definitely is a good nerrating.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:20   #21
BHPian

Excellent writeup. a worthy 5 stars rating. You have the gift of narrating your travails!

The place where you stopped for puncture wouldnt be Darcha would it? Looks and Reminds me of lama Dhaba there

Subscribed to this thread.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post

On a particularly lonely stretch of road, barely 4 kms from where I thought the guys would have reached, I snap my throttle cable.

I screamed….

A frustrated, pissed off, wrong done by, from the gut, primal scream.

For two whole very long minutes.

Unpacking the motorcycle for my spare cable, the realization dawns that my spare throttle cable was with Jaiveer, since spares had been mixed up at the last campsite. With no other option, I undid the throttle assembly by flashlight, unloaded Angelina, parked her so she would cut out some of the very cold wind being channeled through the ravine; and rolled out my sleeping bag.

The last thought I remember as I passed out, was of an unwell Ashwin stood at Upshi, with no money and no warm clothes, save for the leather jacket on his back.

Oh, and that I was going to kill the rest of the boys when I laid eyes on them tomorrow.

to be contd....
This sent shivers up my spine. You seem to be “living on the edge”, atleast while you were riding to Leh. Sometimes I think “Is it really worth the trouble”? What happened to Ashwin? This is unfolding like “Robert Ludlum” novel

The write-up and pictures are excellent quality. Adjusting the language in order to deliver on the intention is a great art and you seem to have mastered it. This travelogue has certainly moved me, affected me in some way for sure. Your writing is crystal clear and has great punch. With no verbal clutter the text has created an instant powerful impact. Keep up the good work.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:04   #23
BHPian

One hell of ride you are having Mr Bullet and the way the you have paused this travelogue is killing man..... phew. Continue fast buddy cant wait the suspense....

5 rating from my side too
Old 6th August 2010, 14:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

Classic write-up in a not-so-classic fashion! Hats-off! Great.

Here are my 5 stars!
Old 6th August 2010, 14:45   #25
BHPian

Simply A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:08   #26
BHPian

It's such a privilege to read this well written, detailed and humorous travelogue!

5 starts is very under rating to say the least. The fact that MR.GTO himself has appreciated this thread means a lot!! way to go man! I'm loving every word of this travelogue! keep it coming dude!
Old 6th August 2010, 18:10   #27
BHPian

Fantastic. I love it. You guys seems to be having a ball. Keep it going.

Safe Riding.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:59   #28
BHPian

thank you :)

oh crikey!!! gulp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
simply ridiculous. BIte the bullet, I guess you should consider writing a book on this trip, and probably made into a film as well.

cheers
thanks ZedMae!

this already feels like i've written a book though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ bIte tHe bulLet : You are gifted, man! What a writeup. Why don't you post this report in the travelogues too? The gang from there is missing out. Alternatively, if you'd like me to copy your posts into a new travelogue thread, please PM.

Rating this thread a well-deserved 5 stars.

thanks rush,

for the comment and the rating and moving it into a new thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Awesome, too good, fantastic write up!!

5 stars from me too..
hey abhinav,

gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ bIte tHe bulLet, as per your request, I've copied your posts from the Enfield ownership thread, to a new travelogue.

P.S. : Rating this thread 5 stars too

double 5 stars!!! woohoo!!

(something sounds wrong with that but i can't seem to figure it out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This thread is really amazing bIte tHe bulLet. Superb tarvelogue with great pics and awesome description. Rated it 5-stars. Bring on more pics. I'm just hooked on.
hey M,

shall post more pics... been trying to post pics with the writeup which are appropriate to the words, (if that makes any sense)

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
bitethebullet,

Great log. waiting eagerly on.
some more shortly. hammered at work, so will try and write more as soon as i possibly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post

OMG!

far far too much praise. you'd better watch the praise mano or it may go to my head!

i've been having a bit of a verbal reparte with a gentleman on another thread, who is convinced that the Leh ride has become, "as stale as last night's sambhar"

if he only knew!

but before i forget to say it, "thank you" for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Excellent writeup. a worthy 5 stars rating. You have the gift of narrating your travails!

The place where you stopped for puncture wouldnt be Darcha would it? Looks and Reminds me of lama Dhaba there

Subscribed to this thread.
hey bapu,

hahahahaha! "travails" hahahahahaha... that was a really good one (and pretty ruddy apt too)

and yes, it very much is Darcha.

thank you for subscribing, i shall try not to disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
This sent shivers up my spine. You seem to be “living on the edge”, atleast while you were riding to Leh. Sometimes I think “Is it really worth the trouble”? What happened to Ashwin? This is unfolding like “Robert Ludlum” novel

The write-up and pictures are excellent quality. Adjusting the language in order to deliver on the intention is a great art and you seem to have mastered it. This travelogue has certainly moved me, affected me in some way for sure. Your writing is crystal clear and has great punch. With no verbal clutter the text has created an instant powerful impact. Keep up the good work.
hey sanjay,

cheers mano. and it is worth the trouble. 'nuff said!

thanks for reading my 'magnum opus'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
One hell of ride you are having Mr Bullet and the way the you have paused this travelogue is killing man..... phew. Continue fast buddy cant wait the suspense....

5 rating from my side too
hey ranger,

thank you for the rating and taking the time to read this. i'll post some more asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Classic write-up in a not-so-classic fashion! Hats-off! Great.

Here are my 5 stars!
hey ampere,

thank you. as they say, the sexiest things in life are the most uncomplicated and simple.... and cheers for the rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhu_engg24 View Post
Simply A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
hahahaha.... gracias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
It's such a privilege to read this well written, detailed and humorous travelogue!

5 starts is very under rating to say the least. The fact that MR.GTO himself has appreciated this thread means a lot!! way to go man! I'm loving every word of this travelogue! keep it coming dude!
hey whitesquall,

thank you for the praise. and yeah, i know for a fact that GTO doesn't really trawl the bike section and comments in it even less!

so it was a pleasant surprise to find a comment and praise (and the subsequent help) in setting the thread up here.

more coming up. promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Fantastic. I love it. You guys seems to be having a ball. Keep it going.

Safe Riding.
hey vloct,

thank you. it didn't feel like a ball while it was all happening, but sitting at home in front of a mac, writing about it, makes me go all warm and fuzzy!

stay safe as well bro..

p.s i actually managed to stay within the 2 smiley per post rule...!!
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2010, 21:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

No trouble, no fun and definitely no adventure.

Can understand the situations. We had functures and functures at ZingZing Bar water crossing at 7.30 p.m. and got stuck. took two hours Taking out the wheel, removing the tyre and tube, putting new tube, finding the valve pin is not tight. Only two tubes available with one again valve pin leaking. Freezing cold, frozen legs and palms.

We loved it all with awe. But, want to do it again.

That's biking right?
Old 6th August 2010, 21:17   #30
BHPian

B-T-B,
Absolutely wonderful. I just did a Manali Leh on an enfield classic myself in the last week of july, although at a more leisure style ( was not one of the 22s you encountered, but definitely was with a back up vehicle and a mech.) Your write up is reminding me of each and every turn i took on this holy grail of biking. Looking forward to the rest of the write up.

Most Viewed