Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 12:23   #46
BHPian

gracias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
That's sad brother, I wish all of them are safe and will return to their loved once soon.
thank you... i hope so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
Taking this space to remeber the mishap took place in leh and the people who are suffering.
amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajachu View Post
@bIte tHe bulLet ,Amazing travellogue

Raj

and... thank you. it's been fun recounting it so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
At the risk of overloading your cerebrum with the "taareefs" on this thread, I have to say that this is one of the best Leh logs ever. Took me back to my 1st ever road trip on my bull and the issues we encountered enroute (though nowhere near what you experienced). Fantastic read sir. Rated paanch sitaara.
hey urban_nomad,

(i really like the handle btw )

thank you for the compliments and the rating; the cerebrum is at the point of exploding of course. (not that i'm complaining.... oh no no no!)

shall post some more shortly...

ciao and drive sane guys,
ak
Old 11th August 2010, 13:29   #47
BHPian

Hey Mano (trying to copy your eshtyle), where are the photographs? Your's may be only travelogue without a single snap being rated 5 stars in this forum!!
Old 11th August 2010, 15:31   #48
BHPian

:)

Quote:
Hey Mano (trying to copy your eshtyle)
'tis not mine to copy...so photostat away my friend!!!

Quote:
where are the photographs? Your's may be only travelogue without a single snap being rated 5 stars in this forum!!
errrrrr "WOT?"

the little squiggly things in color at the end of all of my day-wise posts, with inanely grinning ugly sods are???

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 11th August 2010 at 15:32.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
i've got friends stuck there now though and another group of 4 riders has gone missing.

i know most of their parents and their families. still hoping against hope that they're okay.
Missed this post earlier. I hope they come out of the mayhem sooner than later and may the almighty give the respective families strength till such time these tough moments (hopefully) pass away.

Quote:
hey urban_nomad,

(i really like the handle btw )
Thank you thank you.

- I see you are a fellow Linea owner. Read your review. Nicely done (now your head is gonna explode pakka).
Old 12th August 2010, 12:14   #50
BHPian

BTB, mate this is one helluva travelogue. Going through it, I felt like being transported to the wild wild west with your gang moving a convoy along the rugged terrain with all the drama happening around/with you. Surely a cliffhanger of a ride.

I highly praise the spirit of your gang. Friends who supported each other all the way and made it to their destination against all odds.

And your writing technique, it's simply awesome.
Old 13th August 2010, 07:38   #51
BHPian

Being in the same age group and situation ie. Mid life/wife crisis' i do wish for such a journey.
However family obligations keep me anchored to my concreate hometown.
Never the less, just going through your experience in itself was refreshing and keeps the fire burning. And i tell myself, yes some day, Any way.
Old 13th August 2010, 10:04   #52
BHPian

crossed rohtang on the same day once on the plains sufferred the same fate as ashwin good write up thank god for the scorpio no btreakdowns or else i would have had the opportunity to write this post humously
Attached Thumbnails
Enfield Bullets, Friends and an adventure in Leh!-14072010710.jpg  

Enfield Bullets, Friends and an adventure in Leh!-14072010706.jpg  

Old 13th August 2010, 13:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

^ Nice snaps. However, the post is quite illegible. Maybe "punctuate" the next time. Will make for better reading.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:14   #54
BHPian

I ahve been folowing your thread from the start but logging in today for the 5stars, great writeup, I like you sense of humour.
And because of this thread I have decided (inspired rather) to do the same journey on the bullet (but thats for later, much later)

I know It's OT but does anyone know of a relief fund for the leh people, I am sure people want to donate especially people who love the place and harbour hopes of visiting it someday.
or Should there be a separate thread for this.
Old 14th August 2010, 18:54   #55
BHPian

thank you

Quote:
Missed this post earlier. I hope they come out of the mayhem sooner than later and may the almighty give the respective families strength till such time these tough moments (hopefully) pass away.
just made contact with the lot yesterday, through some of dad's army buddies... all are alive, one guy has a broken arm and the rest have scratches and bruises... they got caught in a ferocious mudslide while in tents...

should be evac'd in the next day or so...

the families are overjoyed. and for good measure.

Quote:
Thank you thank you.

- I see you are a fellow Linea owner. Read your review. Nicely done (now your head is gonna explode pakka).
welcome welcome.

and yes, i really bat for the underdog... love the linea.

btw - aap koi kam chhuppe rustam nahin nikle! i read your long term ownership thread of your fiat. for lack of a better word(s) - kick ***!!

and you still haven't put up pics have you?

'notttty boyyyy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
BTB, mate this is one helluva travelogue. Going through it, I felt like being transported to the wild wild west with your gang moving a convoy along the rugged terrain with all the drama happening around/with you. Surely a cliffhanger of a ride.

I highly praise the spirit of your gang. Friends who supported each other all the way and made it to their destination against all odds.

And your writing technique, it's simply awesome.

hey lordofgondor,

thanks bud. and your imagination makes for an interesting picture! not entirely accurate but interesting nonetheless!!!

shall hopefully post the return leg of the trip over the weekend. even that was *ahem* interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Being in the same age group and situation ie. Mid life/wife crisis' i do wish for such a journey.
However family obligations keep me anchored to my concreate hometown.
Never the less, just going through your experience in itself was refreshing and keeps the fire burning. And i tell myself, yes some day, Any way.
hey san,

mid-'wife' crisis?

having babies, or getting a new one?

thanks for having a read mano... get up and do the ride, any ride. till that day arrives, cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
crossed rohtang on the same day once on the plains sufferred the same fate as ashwin good write up thank god for the scorpio no btreakdowns or else i would have had the opportunity to write this post humously
oooh...i see the ruddy truck. *dangit*

6 degrees of separation eh? we would have seen each other or crossed each other at the least in those 5 days...

mind, there was a cycus blue safari that was also a MH registered ride that we saw on and off and in-fact took the srinagar route back as well. don't recollect seeing your scorp. (though there was enough going on in our lives, to block out the outside pretty effectively!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I ahve been folowing your thread from the start but logging in today for the 5stars, great writeup, I like you sense of humour.
And because of this thread I have decided (inspired rather) to do the same journey on the bullet (but thats for later, much later)
hey slick,

thanks for the praise mano. and the rating! the ride is worth it... even though, as many rightly say, it is no longer as tough as it used to be...

it is one of those rides that you have to do - simply to be able to say that yes, you rode over the 2nd highest motorable road in the world (and the highest) if you chose to.

and every year, this route throws up new(er) challenges / problems and surprises. i'm kinda glad i did it.... it's opened up some interesting vistas for the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I know It's OT but does anyone know of a relief fund for the leh people, I am sure people want to donate especially people who love the place and harbour hopes of visiting it someday.
or Should there be a separate thread for this.
shall PM you some details asap.

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 14th August 2010 at 18:58.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:01   #56
BHPian

Is this ride over ?

@ Bite the bullet - Is this ride over or am I missing something ?
Old 17th August 2010, 12:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:
just made contact with the lot yesterday, through some of dad's army buddies... all are alive, one guy has a broken arm and the rest have scratches and bruises... they got caught in a ferocious mudslide while in tents...

should be evac'd in the next day or so...

Such a relief man! They were lucky and so were their family members and friends. God bless!
Old 17th August 2010, 13:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is fantastic news.

Quote:
btw - aap koi kam chhuppe rustam nahin nikle! i read your long term ownership thread of your fiat. for lack of a better word(s) - kick ***!!

and you still haven't put up pics have you?

'notttty boyyyy'
Thanks for the compliments sir ji. I know I must upload some photos. Tried it once but it seemed too laborious for my lazy (not notty) bum.

Chalo enough idhar udhar ki baat. Finish this log already.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what an amazing piece of Travelogue, one of the best one I've read till date. I'm so eagerly waiting for the rest of the log.
And oh, I think I'll shelve my idea of getting a Bullet and do Leh again. I'll stick to cars, that was too much of adventure to handle for me ;-). Rohtang seems to be getting worse year after year, we were stuck only for 5 hours and now people are stuck for 5 days. My God!! They really need to complete that tunnel for the big trucks and let Rohtang be open only for Bikers.

BTW, I've forwarded this travelogue to one of my friend (who was with me for our Ladakh Trip) and he told that he has met the guy with Red Handkerchief in his head (is that you?). I think they met at Norway. What a co-incidence.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th August 2010 at 19:17.
Old 18th August 2010, 00:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
^ Nice snaps. However, the post is quite illegible. Maybe "punctuate" the next time. Will make for better reading.
sorry about the grammatical errors respected teacher but the fun was in the journey not the write up thanks anyways bite the bullet please tell them about the fine sand creeping up all the crevices we never had we knew

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks