Team-BHP - Turtuk-Kanyakumari Solo Speed Run [9595Km] 12 days-
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Turtuk-Kanyakumari Solo Speed Run [9595Km] 12 days- (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/86888-turtuk-kanyakumari-solo-speed-run-9595km-12-days-3.html)

Awesome mate. Good that you did it,as its once in a life time kind of run. Hows the road from Diskit to Turtuk now? Did you know that earlier the LOC used to be at the Chalunka Bridge which you would ahve crossed about 30 odd kms before Turtuk. Did you visit the school compound with the overlooking Pakistani ridges? The supplu up that slope is undertaken at night as most of the rock face is in enemy sight. There is a queer story that during one of the staff visits to the school a stray bullet fired from the ridge above did actually break the windshield glass of the staff vehicle.

@HV: Has the turtuk route been affected as well or you meant since the approach to LEh is affected hence the run cannot be made. I thought the damage is restricted to the lEh valley and not the adjoining valleys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 2021616)
@HV: Has the turtuk route been affected as well or you meant since the approach to LEh is affected hence the run cannot be made. I thought the damage is restricted to the lEh valley and not the adjoining valleys.

News reports clearly mentioned that Turtuk has been extensively damaged too. There have been a series of cloud-bursts - not just on Choglamsar/Leh - but also in Nubra Valley, Chang la, Kargil and even as far away as Sumdo in Spiti Valley. It seems to be a major belt of disturbances, with reverberations in China (cloud bursts and mud slides in Gansu Province)and severe impact in Pakistan (Indus river floods).

I fear this is the last we will hear of Turtuk for some time, if the town is badly damaged, I doubt if they will permit civilians to go there any more till normality is restored.

Excellent, congratulatioins!!
A long long drive indeed!!

Hey Nihilisticlogic,

You got great writing talent bro. Loved reading the story behind your driving and the selection of your car. So go ahead, we are waiting for more.

@Nihilistic - I would call this a once in a life time drive. Congratulations on your achievement and I see your passion for driving from this thread. Kudos and awaiting more snaps and information on your drive.clap:

Hey Nihilisticlogic,
Kudos to you and your photo's.

Just say your video, quite nice. Have you docked your camera on something and you have been driving with the camera on recording ?

Good editing there looks like a movie though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2020970)
@Nikhil - You're the MAN; having attended the driving school in Apr 2009 & you made solo trip by July 2010. Good, you're a brave man!!!

Actually I didn't notice that one until you told me now, had I noticed, I would've agreed with you, but its too late now I guess :D. So one learning is that panaromic view sometimes can confuse to be fish eye. That one should've been taken through 10-22 probably.

That was the photo that had me confused aargee. Anyway, seems like his cam doesn't multiply the 10 - 22 by 1.5 times. So it's actually taken at 10 mm, which has given these kinds of images. Mine converts my 10 mm to be 15 mm in reality.

@Nihilistic. My suggestion. Work on that great book. Please don't give away too much here. No photos/ no writings. In an open forum, there would be too many plagiarists.
Let the book come first. Then you can share some excerpts of that here.
I'm sure rest of the members will stone me to death if you accept my suggestion :D

Though primitive but yes I think stoning would rather be appropriate, lolz. Anyway yes while I agree with MX6 here but still the teasers pictures and some brief wirte up here would definitely be more helpful to him when he plans to come up with a book. Would save him atleast a few dozen drafts and with the responses he would know where to concentrate more in his book.
@HV: oh, I should be concentrating more on the news than the news reader, lol. But this is tragic with so widespread a loss over a terrain already so hostile.