Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 14:44   #16
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@ NihilisticLogic Congrats on your achievement. WOW 4698kms @ 5days.
Liked the Safari Pic.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
WOW 4698kms @ 5days.
That's the actual driving time expressed in days, the total time taken for the trip was a little over 12 days......remarkable in itself, nonetheless!

Last edited by suman : 10th August 2010 at 15:05.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
That's the actual driving time expressed in days, the total time taken for the trip was a little over 12 days......remarkable in itself, nonetheless!
No, driving time is only 89 Hours. Total time is 119 Hours or 5 days.

The whole return trip is 12 + days. All details over here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-12-days-2.jpg

@NL : I see that you did Marsimik La. How difficult was it ? Any pictures?

Last edited by MileCruncher : 10th August 2010 at 15:33.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

@MX6 - That's not fish eye shots, probably some wide angle lenses. Fish eye lens captures something equivalent to this quality. The standard ones you know how they look, like a little curvy or roundy.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:51   #20
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@aargee. Look at photo 22.jpg. It looks more like fish eye.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:03   #21
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
suman, i quoted referring to the picture summary left top, it say 5 days , 4698 kms. What ever it is hats of to him for continuously driving for 12 days and covering 9.5k kms. Also in a safari

Last edited by v&v : 10th August 2010 at 16:05.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nihilisticlogic:

A great feat and surely a record which will be difficult to break for some time. Congratulations and I salute your adventurous spirit and determination, truly inspiring.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Terrific run. Almost 1000 kms every day for continuous 5 days..eagerly waiting for the detailed travelogue. Just rated 5 starts for the achievement
Old 10th August 2010, 21:59   #24
BANNED

NihilisticLogic How did i miss your earlier threads

My hearty congratulations to you for the achievement.BTW way can you please post the links for all your TLs
Old 10th August 2010, 22:47   #25
BHPian

Nihilisticlogic: This is one awesome feat you got there. Many of us can only dream of such a trip. Really excited about this TL. The pics are just breathtaking. Bring it on.
Old 10th August 2010, 23:45   #26
BHPian

Congrats on your acheivement buddy. This thread deserves a 5 Star rating. Waiting to hear more about your adventure. 5 Days of driving at an average of 1000Kms a day is fabulous. This is one thing any petrol head would dream to do. I am glad that your dreams came true.
Old 11th August 2010, 02:40   #27
BHPian

First Update-

Wow. I did not expect such a response...thanks to everyone for all the nice words. You are too kind.

I hope you enjoyed the video.

I was not planning to post the day to day travel experiences, but after so many have requested it, I will make an effort to deliver the best I can.
I am not one for many words and the book I was talking about was also mostly for team-bhp. I was planning to publish it for free as a .pdf that can be easily printed and is distributable. Mostly with some nice photos, some of the lessons I learned in my trips and the gear I use and some specific details on the run.

Still, I guess, rather than write the whole book and link it all at once, I might as well post the draft pages of it everyday. Else, I might never get it done...

I would certainly like to know if there is someway I can improve on the writing/presentation. Currently, the plan is to provide an intro, details on owning the safari (a short term review in team-bhp terms [30,000Km]), details on doing the run, some of my favourite roads/locations/drives, gear I carry, some tips for driving/tackling situations.
If you have ideas to include/improve on this, I am all ears.

The F.A.Q: ( I will try to answer all the questions asked so far in)

1] So, will you be posting story (at least in short) here too or it'll go only in the book?
A: I guess this post covers that.

2]What is the purpose of this run? Is it for entering into Limca book of records or something like that?
A: Because.

3]Questions about the gear.
A: Canon 500D with Weifeng WT622, 18-55mm/10-22mm/70-300mm, ACK E5 (to 12V), Class 10 SDHC, DSLR remote through Asus 1000HE. No fisheye lens.

4]I see that you did Marsimik La. How difficult was it ? Any pictures?
A: It was not as difficult as expected as far as vehicle/driving was concerned. But getting the "core" permit and entry was- It's a whole story in itself, I will write it up for you in a few days. No photos. I was having problems breathing in a lot of places due to the high levels of stress/AMS since I spent no time acclimatising. I couldn't be bothered to stop the vehicle, take out the camera and take photos. Actually, I also gave up on video recording at high altitudes as I mention in the video.

5]can you please post the links for all your TLs
A: Here you go--

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ideo-logs.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ys-photos.html

I assume that takes care of all the questions for now. I will post updates as soon as I can. Again, thank you for the encouraging words and taking the time out to visit the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Turtuk-Kanyakumari Solo Speed Run [9595Km] 12 days--book-draft-1.jpg  

Turtuk-Kanyakumari Solo Speed Run [9595Km] 12 days--book-draft-2.jpg  

NihilisticLogic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2010, 07:00   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmmm a lovely goal with interesting target completed. One question. Which was the best time on the whole trip? Any particular moment?
Old 11th August 2010, 07:59   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

@NL, Congrats on the solo drive. Solo drives are something that one cant really describe.

I'm expecting more pics from you, but the beauty of pics will be lost if you group them together in a bunch, after your narrative. Pls place the pics along with a note / description (in-line with the narrative).

Edit:
the Timeline pic is lovely. But pls do check the color of the text & make sure it stands out against the background.

Last edited by condor : 11th August 2010 at 08:01.
Old 11th August 2010, 08:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

@Nikhil - You're the MAN; having attended the driving school in Apr 2009 & you made solo trip by July 2010. Good, you're a brave man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6
Look at photo 22.jpg. It looks more like fish eye
Actually I didn't notice that one until you told me now, had I noticed, I would've agreed with you, but its too late now I guess . So one learning is that panaromic view sometimes can confuse to be fish eye. That one should've been taken through 10-22 probably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks