Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 21:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hridayjyoti View Post
Hope I am not bothering anybody by putting a few pictures of mine from Triund Trek, 2008-09. My memory came afresh after reading this thread.
Cheers!
Nice pictures hridayjyoti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Lovely pictures Slice. Lucky to be so close to the Himalayas. Hope to see more pictures from the journey soon.
Thanks buddy!
Old 14th August 2010, 22:17   #17
BHPian

Continuing from where i left of..

Further up, nature started revealing its hidden jewels. The woods became dense and mystical. Views of Mcleod ganj’s concrete structures below gave way to dense forests and gigantic snow capped mountains. Soon there was a thick cloud cover and we realized we were walking in the clouds. It lifted our spirits.

The enthusiasm was short lived however. In a matter of minutes it started raining. The rain then turned into a hail. With hail the size of ping pong balls falling furiously, we took refuge under thick tree branches, which did not help. My immediate reaction was to tuck the cameras inside the rucksack, and while I was at it I managed to drench myself completely. The wait for the rain to get over was a frustrating one. But then, if you find yourself surrounded by an enchanted forest, snow capped mountains, you don’t mind waiting.

The hail lasted a few minutes and we started climbing again. The sun then decided to make another appearance and the weather went from being nippy to warm to uncomfortably humid in a matter of minutes. Not surprising if you’re in the hills

We came across some ill mannered school kids, on their way back from triund. I noticed some of them kept throwing things along the way. Chocolate wrappers, plastic bottles, wafer wrappers, conveniently being dumped all over the path. Add to that they were yelling and swearing, ruining the tranquility and serenity of this wonder. I picked up whatever they’d conveniently thrown on my way up, and collected it in a garbage bag to dispose later.

A little further up we noticed a shepherd guiding his sheep which were scattered in the woods around us. He gave us a friendly nod and we had a little conversation with him. The contentedness and joy on his face caught my attention. His unrushed demeanor made me think my own life back in the city, complicated, hurried and chaotic, and the rat race I would soon be returning to.

By 4pm, we had done 6 not so comfortable kilometers. We reached a café where a group of foreigners were comfortably resting. Pleasantries exchanged, we finally had refreshments and a much needed rest.

More Pictures

The Red carpet
A walk in the clouds-dsc00335.jpg

The hot seat!
A walk in the clouds-hot-seat.jpg

The fairytale forest
A walk in the clouds-forest.jpg
A walk in the clouds-8.jpg

The good shepherd
A walk in the clouds-good-shepherd-.jpg

The good shepherd
A walk in the clouds-dsc00361.jpg

I asked her to pose and she happily obliged!
A walk in the clouds-sheepy-look.jpg

Another pose
A walk in the clouds-some-more-sheep.jpg

Reflecting on life.
A walk in the clouds-reflecting.jpg
Old 14th August 2010, 22:32   #18
BHPian

Nice photos. Especially the reflection pic is awesome. Wow, you got bloomed Rhododendron too.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:54   #19
BHPian

Its always nice & refreshing to walk in such paths.
The last time i took such a walk was way back in 1987 during a trek in Sikkim.
Wish could do it once more some day.
The picture of the man and the goat reminds me of Heidi and her mountain story though.
Old 14th August 2010, 23:36   #20
BHPian

After the rest, our energy levels had increased. Well, slightly increased. So we started out to finish the last 3km leg of the hike. the path became more narrow and more steep with loose rocks every where. The scenery started changing around us; the views became more dramatic and mesmerizing. And then it happened

SNOW!

Lots of snow! Looking up, we could see snow all around. But this meant walking through it. We struggled to walk through the narrow path laden with slippery snow, somehow balanced ourselves to not fall to our deaths below..

Pictures

The path
A walk in the clouds-snow-path.jpg

Snow
A walk in the clouds-path2.jpg

Looking up
A walk in the clouds-looking-up.jpg

Looking down
A walk in the clouds-looking-down.jpg
Old 14th August 2010, 23:38   #21
Joy
BHPian

Great pics, especially the reflection. Do please keep continuing. Loving this.

I m rating 5*. Great!!!

P.S. - Oops! new photos and narration (though haven't read them). Keep it up.

Last edited by Joy : 14th August 2010 at 23:41.

Most Viewed