Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 09:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

@ sami316 - Thank you very much

@jeevmenon - Good Hotels are available and i could suggest some. Please let me know the head count and your budget. Also, are you planning to self-drive or go by Private Taxi or KSRTC ? The timings of the Laser show / musical fountain are 7:00 pm - 7:15 pm. A tip here is that if you can walk, that would be the best thing, as the que for the motor boat is so long that you would spend double the time of that of walking , waiting there.

The birds, waters and peacock that you see are from Karanji Lake.

Timings: Chamundi Hills Temple 7:30 am. (No I did not go)

Zoo: opens at 8:30 am:- but on working days the electric bus will operate only from 9:30 (crowds). If you are 6 people, they will operate, else we need to wait. I really suggest taking the Bus as you would need to walk for nearly 5-6 kms in total and it will exhaust you.

Mysore Palace 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Old 24th August 2010, 09:34   #32
BHPian

Thanks Bharath. One refresher of your TL before I set out. We could be 3 or 5 (if parents come along - not decide.) Whats this boat thing and so much rush? And does walking help to get into the boat or is it that walking and viewing the place is as much good as boating? I plan to drive to all places.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

@ Jeevmenon - Let me try this out for you. Hope this suits you. Tailor it if you want to accommodate some other place.

7:30 leave mysore
8:15 am - reach Chamundi
9:00 am - depart Chamundi
9:30 am - reach Karanji lake
11:00 am - depart Karanji
11:15 am - reach Zoo & sight see using electric Bus @ 80/- per head. The bus ride is one hour covers all exhibits.
1:30 pm - leave Zoo
2:30 pm - finish Lunch
3:00 pm - Reach Mysore Palace
4:30 pm - depart Mysore Palace and head to KRS
5:45 pm - reach KRS Look at Dam, Park and Aquarium
7:00 pm - Watch Brindavan Gardens Light show / musical fountain.
7:15 pm - end of show
8:00 pm - depart and head home (P.S. - On weekends you cannot imagine the crowds and it will take nearly an hour to get your car out of the parking.

Let me know if you need more info.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Some Hotels in Mysore

Royal Orchid Metropole
Hotel Ramanashree
Hotel Royal Inn
Kings Kourt
Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel
Sandesh The Prince
Hotel Dasaprakash Paradise
The President
Regaalis
Pai Vista
Crystal Park Inn

The boat helps commute between KRS Dam and the musical fountain. There is also a walkable bridge available and should take you around 15 mins. While returning after the show, the line for the boat is huge and you would spend nearly an hour waiting for the boat on weekends. you will be better off walking.

There is a river like thing to the right of the bridge, it is a good sight. in a nutshell, you will save time while walking compared to waiting for the boat.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bharath, awesome pics.
Especially the Mysore zoo pics. I was also there with family on 8th of August. Some of the pics that you have are similar to mine !!( has to be), but you got better pics of the tigers, lion, Chimpanzees, Gorilla and others. What Camera gear were you carrying?
I couldn't find about the Nisargadham and Tibetian Golden Temple. Looks like a good place for a visit. What about KRS, how far it is from say, the Palace or the Zoo?

@Jeevmenon, depending on your budget, you can give the hotels listed above a try. But we enquired about some of those and the room rates start from 3k and above. We stayed on Station at Rajalakshmi Deluxe lodge and it was decent for the price with good parking available. They charge 1200 for a/c and 650 for non-a/c room , though you can negotiate.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 24th August 2010 at 15:22.
Old 27th August 2010, 09:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ford Manchau - Thanks dude.

I use a stock Canon S3 IS Camera.

Cauvery Nisargadhama is the place. I would say it is at around 50% of the way to Madikeri. There is a Hotel board named Hotel Nisargadhama. This is the indication. If you have an E Series or similar phone, Google maps will help you. The Tibetian settlement / Golden Temple / Namdroling Monastery, is around 10 kms from the Mysore Madikeri Road.

KRS is around 25 kms from the Zoo / Palace.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Cauvery Nisargadhama is the place. I would say it is at around 50% of the way to Madikeri. There is a Hotel board named Hotel Nisargadhama. This is the indication. If you have an E Series or similar phone, Google maps will help you. The Tibetian settlement / Golden Temple / Namdroling Monastery, is around 10 kms from the Mysore Madikeri Road.
KRS is around 25 kms from the Zoo / Palace.
Hey thanks for the infor bharath. This would be handy on next trip may be.
I think I have seen the Tibetian Golden temple on way, though not sure.
Old 27th August 2010, 18:16   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hey thanks for the infor bharath. This would be handy on next trip may be.
I think I have seen the Tibetian Golden temple on way, though not sure.
You just cant miss it. It is one of the most stand out places !
Old 7th September 2010, 20:52   #39
BHPian

ScoprioBharath: You mentioned the lights are from 7 pm at the KRS. What are the general timings? Day timings? Is it open the whole day? I would like to see Day/Night just as you did. When did you enter KRS?
Old 7th September 2010, 21:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well, KRS Consists of the Following Attractions.

1) KRS Dam - Entry on top of Dam banned for visitors / common man

2) a Garden built around the dam with some fountains a Hotel in the background

3) Aquarium with imported Ornamental Fish.

4) Motor Boating (Ride only :-: Boatman Driven)

5) Brindavan Gardens - Musical Fountain

The first 4 attrations are open from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm.

The Brindavan gardens are open from 9:00 am, but the Light show / Musical Fountain operates only from 7:00 pm to 7:15 pm. If you visit in the daytime, you can see a small pool of water like structure, a couple of Fountain Nozzles and a couple of Audio Speakers.
Old 13th September 2010, 11:33   #41
BHPian

ScoprioBharath: Thanks for the all the tips. We were at KRS, Friday night. What we 3 would never forget is the mad-rush on that road from Mysore to KRS, people scampering all around, the huge crowd sitting in the stands/on-the-floor waiting expectantly 30 min before the 7 pm musical show and then people whistling/yelling/howling at 7:05 when Hare-Ram-Hare-Krishna-Hare-Ram was played out and the fountain was supposed to be swirling to its tune. We were at the car-park by 7:15 pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks